Fulton at Greeneville

hearsay

It's that time of year again! Big win for both schools tonight! Can't wait until Friday!

amen my man. I hope this one's a classic. I think GHS's starters need to go past the halfway point of the second quarter and I firmly beleive this years installment of the Falcons will afford that opportunity. I still think Greeneville Rolls in this one, but not till the second half. Our lines will wear them down I beleive. it's very early in the week, but right now I'm saying

GHS 42

FHS 19

amen my man. I hope this one's a classic. I think GHS's starters need to go past the halfway point of the second quarter and I firmly beleive this years installment of the Falcons will afford that opportunity. I still think Greeneville Rolls in this one, but not till the second half. Our lines will wear them down I beleive. it's very early in the week, but right now I'm saying

GHS 42

FHS 19

I've been sayin it for a while... I dont think any team in 4a is capable of puttin up that many points on this gville defense right now. They're up to 27 straight quarters without being scored a single point on. (I'm talkin starters)

They are so physical at the line of scrimmage. They have adopted calling themselves the sharks. Its very fitting. They swarm to the ball and gang tackle. They are fast enough and ball hawking enough to negate the screen pass and the quick outs to receivers. Their defensive backs are playing as good as you can ask. They stop the run. Force you to pass. Get at your QB. Makes him make bad decisions and intercept the ball. They are just playing lights out right now.

It is obvious why Greeneville is rated the top team in state in 4A .. they have a physical brand .. I am a Fulton fan and have see some of our teams in the 2002 -2008 years that played for state titles be as physical .. this years Fulton team started out as a very soft running team .. Falcons have always thrown the ball around and ran off the passing game mostly but the passing game has been inconsistant but the potentila is still there for a bg play or two .. but the bottom line is if Falcons cant run and cant stop run then its long night .. pretty simple aside from the turnover margins ... we will see if Falcon young pups can handle it ... Greeneville is favored and should be but thats why they play game ... Falcons have never been intimidated playing anywhere .. they have played 5A Morristown West, 5A West , Austin East and Alcoa ths year and have some of the issues that Greeneville and Alcoa have with scheduling .. Falcons have played some physical teams ths year early and didnt handle that as well as I hope they do Friday .. both teams have players that only need a seam to run and it could be 6 .. so tackling will be very important .. and if the QB for Greeneville can help us some with fumble or two or a pick or two we will see what the outcome will be but no doubt Falcons will HAVE to play well and create some turnovers. But we will be there and if we dont come away with a win good luck rest of way ... Falcons only have 4 seniors that play roles on this team so future is bright for Falcons as their Frosh team went undefeated and handled Farragut and Alcoa frosh with ease .. so 2012 and especially 2013 look good ... thats my spill on game .. all be safe traveling and hope for good weather in Greeneville.

It is obvious why Greeneville is rated the top team in state in 4A .. they have a physical brand .. I am a Fulton fan and have see some of our teams in the 2002 -2008 years that played for state titles be as physical .. this years Fulton team started out as a very soft running team .. Falcons have always thrown the ball around and ran off the passing game mostly but the passing game has been inconsistant but the potentila is still there for a bg play or two .. but the bottom line is if Falcons cant run and cant stop run then its long night .. pretty simple aside from the turnover margins ... we will see if Falcon young pups can handle it ... Greeneville is favored and should be but thats why they play game ... Falcons have never been intimidated playing anywhere .. they have played 5A Morristown West, 5A West , Austin East and Alcoa ths year and have some of the issues that Greeneville and Alcoa have with scheduling .. Falcons have played some physical teams ths year early and didnt handle that as well as I hope they do Friday .. both teams have players that only need a seam to run and it could be 6 .. so tackling will be very important .. and if the QB for Greeneville can help us some with fumble or two or a pick or two we will see what the outcome will be but no doubt Falcons will HAVE to play well and create some turnovers. But we will be there and if we dont come away with a win good luck rest of way ... Falcons only have 4 seniors that play roles on this team so future is bright for Falcons as their Frosh team went undefeated and handled Farragut and Alcoa frosh with ease .. so 2012 and especially 2013 look good ... thats my spill on game .. all be safe traveling and hope for good weather in Greeneville.

Good post for your team

Has anyone else noticed that we seem to play much better offensively when we use the two receiver formation (like against Alcoa and last night)? We have so many strong guys, I think putting a couple extra players on the line of scrimmage is just too much to handle for most teams. Thoughts?

Edited by GvilleDevilsFan

Has anyone else noticed that we seem to play much better offensively when we use the two receiver formation (like against Alcoa and last night)? We have so many strong guys, I think putting a couple extra player on the line of scrimmage is just too much to handle for most teams. Thoughts?

im no x's and o's guy by any stretch of the imagination, but I beleive they added a tightend in those formations in both games. I'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong. Basically, I'm agreeing completely with you here. We steam rolled both of those teams with that formation. I love the way we just line up and say " hey, no trickery here, we're taking this ball, with one of these guys and running it....what you gona do to stop us?" with the usual answer being NOTHING. I use to hate a grind it out running game, but this team and this season has made me a fan. I remember the generals (Neyland)quote from back in the day " only 3 things can happen when you pass the ball...and 2 of them are bad " :o

im no x's and o's guy by any stretch of the imagination, but I beleive they added a tightend in those formations in both games. I'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong. Basically, I'm agreeing completely with you here. We steam rolled both of those teams with that formation. I love the way we just line up and say " hey, no trickery here, we're taking this ball, with one of these guys and running it....what you gona do to stop us?" with the usual answer being NOTHING. I use to hate a grind it out running game, but this team and this season has made me a fan. I remember the generals (Neyland)quote from back in the day " only 3 things can happen when you pass the ball...and 2 of them are bad " :o

Although I get your point, that quote was framed by Woody Hayes at Ohio State. ;)