Lenoir City @ Powell

dcnk

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

34-26. Powell. Good game LC. However, West lays it on next week. BOOK THAT. BTW, Powell has some of the most hostile and uneducated fans Ive ever seen. I'm not trying to start anything just sayin as I sat in the Powell section tonight. Powell did get penalized alot tonight, but one play which was CLEARLY pass interference on the Powell receiver and they were screaming for it to be on the defense. Screaming. just my two cents.

34-26. Powell. Good game LC. However, West lays it on next week. BOOK THAT. BTW, Powell has some of the most hostile and uneducated fans Ive ever seen. I'm not trying to start anything just sayin as I sat in the Powell section tonight. Powell did get penalized alot tonight, but one play which was CLEARLY pass interference on the Powell receiver and they were screaming for it to be on the defense. Screaming. just my two cents.

May be, but you're most definitely deluded and deceived if you think West be gonna whip them Panthers!

Reb dont get me started on Powell LOL :) Especially don't get Space going.

I would have given anything to have seen this game. Sounds like Powell had a rough time. Not sure did not see the game. I know Powell got off to good start then all of a sudden LC has 26 pts. Anyone see or at least hear the game? Any comments. Was Powell holding back for the West game? It now looks like West may be a big challenge.

Edited by jeopardyperil

I have to say that I am very proud of LC. They didn't even have a first down until the 3rd quarter. If they could have gotten their first half going like the second we would have a different story. Can't wait until next season. We have another huge transfer coming. Good luck next week 4AAA. Go Panthers on to basketball at least it's inside! :thumb:

I can't see Powell putting up 41 on Henry County if they do meet in the Finals. Henry County's defense is just too solid.

\

I can't see it either, Henry County held Ridgeway to only 14 points last night. Ridgeway has averaged over 40 points a game all year. Way to go Patriot defence.

Edited by titanfan33

Reb dont get me started on Powell LOL :) Especially don't get Space going.

I would have given anything to have seen this game. Sounds like Powell had a rough time. Not sure did not see the game. I know Powell got off to good start then all of a sudden LC has 26 pts. Anyone see or at least hear the game? Any comments. Was Powell holding back for the West game? It now looks like West may be a big challenge.

One word - penalties. Neither team turned the ball over, but both teams combined for about 26 penalties for ~250 yards. Powell had 3 TDs called back due to flags. Some of the calls were legit, but others were a bit questionable, on both sides of the ball.

This was a carbon-copy of last week's game against Ooltewah. Powell was in total control for almost 3 quarters, and they appeared to let their guard down. Midway through the 3rd quarter, Powell was ahead 21-0, and had outgained LC 300 yards to 10 (LC had only run 20 offensive plays at that point). Penalties really kept Powell from blowing this game open early, and I think that really played into the final outcome. However, give LC a ton of credit. They didn't wear down like I expected them to, and they made some key offensive adjustments (focusing on the short passing game). That made a huge difference.

LC didn't get a first down until about the 6 minute mark in the 3rd quarter, but after that, they really started clicking in the passing game. Jordan Hall had a few nice QB scrambles, but outside of that, their running game was non-existent. Hall had a nice night passing (~240 yards), but Camion Patrick was quiet for most of the night (<50 yards total offense). He did have a nice TD catch late in the 3rd quarter. LC did a great job containing McPhetridge, but they had no answer for Mobley, plus McPhetridge made some very nice throws. LC is going to be very good again next year - only 2 senior starters on offense (not sure how many on defense, but not very many).

Mobley had another big night - 238 yards on 25 carries and 5 TDs. He passed Matt Lowe to become the school's all-time leader in career total offense. He is also ~380 yards away from Troy Fleming's statewide single season rushing record (3,007 yards) and 9 TDs away from Jaron Toney's single season TD record (50 TDs).

West is going to be a big challenge for Powell. The West fans keep pointing at how they shut down Devrin Young last year, and while that may be a good comparison, West has to stop Mobley AND McPhetridge. We'll see how that works out. Should be a great game at Powell next Friday!

Edited by osunut2

One word - penalties. Neither team turned the ball over, but both teams combined for about 26 penalties for ~250 yards. Powell had 3 TDs called back due to flags. Some of the calls were legit, but others were a bit questionable, on both sides of the ball.

This was a carbon-copy of last week's game against Ooltewah. Powell was in total control for almost 3 quarters, and they appeared to let their guard down. Midway through the 3rd quarter, Powell was ahead 21-0, and had outgained LC 300 yards to 10 (LC had only run 20 offensive plays at that point). Penalties really kept Powell from blowing this game open early, and I think that really played into the final outcome. However, give LC a ton of credit. They didn't wear down like I expected them to, and they made some key offensive adjustments (focusing on the short passing game). That made a huge difference.

LC didn't get a first down until about the 6 minute mark in the 3rd quarter, but after that, they really started clicking in the passing game. Jordan Hall had a few nice QB scrambles, but outside of that, their running game was non-existent. Hall had a nice night passing (~240 yards), but Camion Patrick was quiet for most of the night (<50 yards total offense). He did have a nice TD catch late in the 3rd quarter. LC did a great job containing McPhetridge, but they had no answer for Mobley, plus McPhetridge made some very nice throws. LC is going to be very good again next year - only 2 senior starters on offense (not sure how many on defense, but not very many).

Mobley had another big night - 238 yards on 25 carries and 5 TDs. He passed Matt Lowe to become the school's all-time leader in career total offense. He is also ~380 yards away from Troy Fleming's statewide single season rushing record (3,007 yards) and 9 TDs away from Jaron Toney's single season TD record (50 TDs).

West is going to be a big challenge for Powell. The West fans keep pointing at how they shut down Devrin Young last year, and while that may be a good comparison, West has to stop Mobley AND McPhetridge. We'll see how that works out. Should be a great game at Powell next Friday!

Great Post osu. Lc's O didn't come to play till the 2nd drive of the 2nd half if they would have played like that all game it would have been a different outcome. Powell did have some TD's called back but they also could have got called on holding almost every play (they can't do that against West and expect to win). Mobley is one heck of a player! LC should be very vey good next year they lose 2 on O and 3 on D! After seeing both West and Powell play against LC I think West is the better team and if they don't turn the ball over should win by 10-14 against Powell

Wow Thanks that makes sense. I see one of the things Powell is doing to make this run better for them in my opinion.