Dobyns-Bennett Football

ArtVandalay

I was at the Greeneville-Alcoa game earlier in the year. A lot of Alcoa fans were giving the coaches some flak for their play calling. ;)

let me say this im not calling for a new head coach, graham has his team prepared as well as any coach in tn, that is not the problem, the problem lies with trying to play mistake free football in the playoffs, his team came out in the first half and just played ball thats how we got the 21 to 0 lead, i hope he has learned to keep the pedal down, dont want a new coach at all, to watch his practices is a thing of beauty well organized, every team but maryville complains about their coach and play calling thats what we do as fans, fridays loss hurt because we left some bullets in the gun, but we will reload and be back next year, so if you have some spare time come watch some practices at the fred next summer, you will gain an insight into game planning and preparation, i will be there come join me

More hard work is all the players and coaches can do right now.Getting beat sux,but I'd still like for DB to be playing this week at Maryville,win or lose.DB is not where it needs to be to beat those Rebs without a lot of help.Nomatter what one team wins the state,every team will start working hard for next year.DB has to work even harder to make up that ground.All the players and coaches can do,is give it 100% and come back more determined then ever next year.I want one team to bust on through and win it all for the Tribe on the field.It would bring such pride to all of the former players,students,parents and all that love DB football.It's been since 1960 that the rest of the state recognised a Dobyns Bennett football champion.Had there not been a playoff system in recent years,DB would have got several more with undefeated number 1 rankings. That said,there is a playoff system and DB has to learn how to finish the deal.Roll Tribe.

More hard work is all the players and coaches can do right now.Getting beat sux,but I'd still like for DB to be playing this week at Maryville,win or lose.DB is not where it needs to be to beat those Rebs without a lot of help.Nomatter what one team wins the state,every team will start working hard for next year.DB has to work even harder to make up that ground.All the players and coaches can do,is give it 100% and come back more determined then ever next year.I want one team to bust on through and win it all for the Tribe on the field.It would bring such pride to all of the former players,students,parents and all that love DB football.It's been since 1960 that the rest of the state recognised a Dobyns Bennett football champion.Had there not been a playoff system in recent years,DB would have got several more with undefeated number 1 rankings. That said,there is a playoff system and DB has to learn how to finish the deal.Roll Tribe.

This whole deal has flew right over the top of your head. Are you even aware of what happened Friday night. Maybe you need a little less sugar in your diet.

let me say this im not calling for a new head coach, graham has his team prepared as well as any coach in tn, that is not the problem, the problem lies with trying to play mistake free football in the playoffs, his team came out in the first half and just played ball thats how we got the 21 to 0 lead, i hope he has learned to keep the pedal down, dont want a new coach at all, to watch his practices is a thing of beauty well organized, every team but maryville complains about their coach and play calling thats what we do as fans, fridays loss hurt because we left some bullets in the gun, but we will reload and be back next year, so if you have some spare time come watch some practices at the fred next summer, you will gain an insight into game planning and preparation, i will be there come join me

I bet you'll be calling for a new head coach this time next year because its going to be a replay of this year. Want to bet me on it?

Having 4 unanswered touchdowns in 1 qtr is unacceptable. These kids dont need to work any harder, work harder on what? not getting to touch the ball, or having someone calling the plays that's totally lost when the game is on the line. This sounds like the same old argument that we've had now since about 2005, Im not calling for Grahams head, but SOMETHING NEEDS TO CHANGE. H I R E- A N - O F F E N S I V E - C O O R D I N A T O R , or we will be having this same discussion same time next year.

Edited by TOOMUCHSPEED

Maybe part of the problem is that fact that you all may have been looking forward to Maryville since game 5. A 10 - 0 record does not a state champion make. You are most certainly right about the help as well. :thumb:

Again, I will say that I have supported Coach Clark (G-Man) as much or more than most fans have in Kingsport. It was real easy being on his side thru the 2004 Season, we dominated Conference Play, Championship one after another and we won many Playoff Games, Home games especially.

But since then, you notice things, even when winning big in the Regular Season. DB Specail Teams used to dominate the game. I bet we used to get 10 or more blocked punts on average every year, but that has came to an almost halt over the past 5 seasons. Did we blocked any punts this year? Maybe 1, I can't remember. And our Kicking game, used to dominate, the Indians always could be confident of making 40 yard FG's, same thing happened about the time of the missing blocked punts, those went away. 2 Seasons ago it was game 3 before the Indians even had an Extra Point get past the line of scrimmage, most were blocked with the ball still in the holders hands. And Punt Coverage.... it's fine against these local programs, but in the recent Playoff Games the Indians have given up huge return after huge return, massive walls that our guys would just get blasted out of.

The question is: Why are the Indians not winning Playoff Games, at HOME, when they are favored in every one of those games, and in some instances, wins by multiple TD's (are expected). When you are the #1 Seed, playing the last place seed from another District, IN YOUR HOUSE, you don't loose, period. Not once, not twice not 3 times, you win that game every time. And when you are ranked in the State Top 5 (and much higher), you don't loose a Round 2 Game, IN YOUR HOUSE.... those are the games that set up the games that we are all waiting for.

What ever happens... happens.

This is a must: Drop Clinton and Sevier County from the Schedule and I would drop Farragut too. Sign up some tough home and away series with the likes of Riverdale and Maryville and Oakland, ect. DB travels better than anybody in the State, the best fans hit the road. We have to get ready for the Playoffs during the Regular Season

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by ArtVandalay

Not interested in joining you. Wasn't even talking to you. Point being, If Rankin goes somewhere, he'll go where there's a lot of talent and the chances of winning a gold ball are rather high.

Be back? :rolleyes: Doesn't matter what they do at the fred in the summer or Mondays through Thursdays if they sit on a lead or keep the horses in the stalls.

Edited by THSVikings2004

I guess if GC decided to hang it up, there's only 2 in the state that I can think of, then you're lookin at going outta state. Maryville's coach isnt going anywhere....ever, so the only 2 that I would ever consider is Rankin, and Ballard.

Let's get real!!! This DB in kingsport where the last time they won the state tournament was in 1887 don't act like it is Alabama or something, coach holtz or the ol ball coach would not be standing outside the football locker room waiting for an interview. LOL You guys just keep beating everybody with yor numbers around here and then take your butt kicking in the play offs and play some more prevent defense. LOL

This whole deal has flew right over the top of your head. Are you even aware of what happened Friday night. Maybe you need a little less sugar in your diet.

I'm pretty clear on things and most of us just disagree on what should be done.Let's say you have the power to hire and fire the coaches at DB.You agreed a week or two ago to something along the lines that GC was one of the very best coaches around and only a couple you would rather have in the whole state.I can tell you that your not going to get them,so what moves are you going to make ? Really,what can we replace GC and his staff with that is a great move.Until we have a different coach,I'll support the one we have and wish the team all the best every year.I don't have the answers,but only hope DB can be bigger,faster and good enough to compete with Maryville very soon.If we need to adjust the staff responsibilities or whatever,I trust GC will do what can be done.

I guess if GC decided to hang it up, there's only 2 in the state that I can think of, then you're lookin at going outta state. Maryville's coach isnt going anywhere....ever, so the only 2 that I would ever consider is Rankin, and Ballard.

Rankin and Ballard are two good picks !

Maybe someone out of sw virginia on up to Roanoke.

I'm pretty clear on things and most of us just disagree on what should be done.Let's say you have the power to hire and fire the coaches at DB.You agreed a week or two ago to something along the lines that GC was one of the very best coaches around and only a couple you would rather have in the whole state.I can tell you that your not going to get them,so what moves are you going to make ? Really,what can we replace GC and his staff with that is a great move.Until we have a different coach,I'll support the one we have and wish the team all the best every year.I don't have the answers,but only hope DB can be bigger,faster and good enough to compete with Maryville very soon.If we need to adjust the staff responsibilities or whatever,I trust GC will do what can be done.

Ok, lets you and I have a civil conversation. So far Im only seeing a couple of posters on here in support of Clark staying on as head coach. I haven't talked to anyone in the community that is supporting him and I heard that it was the "talk" all over school today that he should resign. A week or two ago I never thought that Clark would implode on the sideline the way he did. Yes its happened a few times before but with most people when you jump out a third story window and survive you tend to not try that again. I think Clark has a problem that he can't fix. As far as who to replace him with well that shouldn't be so hard really. You put a group together and you search for sucessful coach. This coach does not have to come from Tennessee you know and he doesn't have to be a high school coach. The first state I would look in would be Georgia. Theres only been a "athlete problem" at DB a couple years out of the last 20. We had great athletes this year and will again next year. We know where the problem is.