Dobyns-Bennett Football

ArtVandalay

I wouldn't say for sure I would hire Mike Turner from Carson Newman but if I were looking for a head coach I would sure consider him. I'd at least check him out, see if he's interested and see what it would take to get him. His stats are unreal at the college level. Go to Carson Newmans web site and see for yourself.

watched the highlights on dbfootballshow.com coach clark wants to blame everybody but himself what a joke, to even mention a referee is funny, just own up to it and say you blew it by trying to run the clock out

After reading your post, I went and watched the G Clark Show as well. I didn't hear him once take responsibility for any of it. He didnt blame it on the kids either, actually praised them and rightfully so. He'd make a good politician some day.

I did find it interesting that he and the guy on the show with him criticized the officials multiple times. Meantioned a "bad spot" in the first half. Really? One bad spot, well they should be shot. I dont care how bad the zebras were, they coudnt give Sevier County 35 points in the 2nd half and OT. Coach Clark mentioned a ref throwing a beanbag indicating a fumble there in OT but something about he had already spotted the ball a foot into the endzone. I confess I don't understand what he's talking about without seeing it. Coach Clark then said "Oak Ridge got us again!", indicating the referees for this game were from Oak Ridge.

There have been many opinions offered up on what the problem is and how to fix it. I won't pretend to have a sniff of the right solution. All I can say is after being up 28 points late in the game, Coach Clark didn't step up and take the responsibility or blame on HIS tv show. He's either really out of touch believing it has to be someone elses fault, not his, or he's trying to put up a good front to try to save his job. I truly expected to hear him say, I take the blame for this loss or something to the effect of there is no excuse for losing this game and it falls on my shoulders. Wow, what a dissapointment.

Edited by Pudding

There is a simple solution to D-B's problem. Graham Clark doesn't need to go. He is a good man and that in its self is hard to find. But he does need new and younger,[ie], hungrier assistants. D-B needs to look at Riverdale for their solution. Matt Eads, who played at Sullivan East was hired as their running backs coach in 2009. Since his arrival, they have been back to the playoffs every year. Being from this area he might be willing to relocate. Just a thought.

Coach Rankin is a great coach and if DB didn't have a great coach,he would be a fine one to have.Those Alcoa fans that act that way are just stupid with what he has done for Alcoa.I don't know coach Rankin,but I do know coach Rankin and coach Clark know each other.Unless DB fires coach Clark,I can't see him talking to DB out of respect for coach Clark.I just hope coach Clark and coach Rankin both have better things to do then read coacht.

Sounds like you're just a little too close to the coaches to have an unbiased viewpoint.

So what are you saying anyway? Rankin is a great coach so you label the Alcoa fans that are critical as "stupid". You are apparently therefore saying that the DB fans that have had enough are "stupid" as well because Clark is a great coach. How insulting.

You are obviously too entangled in the "good ole boy" system with the coaches to have anything of value to contribute here. You need to take your blinders off son. The truth is that coaching lost that game Friday and that should be obvious to anybody. It's also obvious that history is repeating over and over again. Wake up!

My opinion, and I know it is of little value on here, is if Clark does not give the offensive reins to someone with successful playoff experience, he should resign or be forced to. These kids and the school deserve better than what happened Friday. I think that most sane fans are tired of the ongoing playoff embarrassment.

Sounds like you're just a little too close to the coaches to have an unbiased viewpoint.

So what are you saying anyway? Rankin is a great coach so you label the Alcoa fans that are critical as "stupid". You are apparently therefore saying that the DB fans that have had enough are "stupid" as well because Clark is a great coach. How insulting.

You are obviously too entangled in the "good ole boy" system with the coaches to have anything of value to contribute here. You need to take your blinders off son. The truth is that coaching lost that game Friday and that should be obvious to anybody. It's also obvious that history is repeating over and over again. Wake up!

My opinion, and I know it is of little value on here, is if Clark does not give the offensive reins to someone with successful playoff experience, he should resign or be forced to. These kids and the school deserve better than what happened Friday. I think that most sane fans are tired of the ongoing playoff embarrassment.

Since your to stupid to understand what I wrote,I'll say it again in a way you might comprehend{understand}.Alcoa has won several state titles in a row under Rankin and anyone talking bad about him is just plain stupid.If your feeling as if I called you stupid the first time,your wrong.If your feeling I just called you stupid,YOUR RIGHT !

There is a simple solution to D-B's problem. Graham Clark doesn't need to go. He is a good man and that in its self is hard to find. But he does need new and younger,[ie], hungrier assistants. D-B needs to look at Riverdale for their solution. Matt Eads, who played at Sullivan East was hired as their running backs coach in 2009. Since his arrival, they have been back to the playoffs every year. Being from this area he might be willing to relocate. Just a thought.

I agree, if we don't fire Clark then we need to make sure he gives up the offense and he needs to shake up his coaching staff. The staff has gotten to stagnant many of those guys have been there to long.

Edited by hssportsfanatic

Unbelievable!! I just watched the Coaches Show for last Friday Night. Coach dogged the Special Teams, more than once, more than twicke, but never once said what a crappy job he did in the 2nd half. He never metioned that all he was trying to do was run out the clock instead of playing for more scores..... In all hopes that the lead of 28 points with 2 min. to go in the 3rd qtr. would hold up.

FGC

Unbelievable!! I just watched the Coaches Show for last Friday Night. Coach dogged the Special Teams, more than once, more than twicke, but never once said what a crappy job he did in the 2nd half. He never metioned that all he was trying to do was run out the clock instead of playing for more scores..... In all hopes that the lead of 28 points with 2 min. to go in the 3rd qtr. would hold up.

FGC

And he blamed the officials. Said Oak Ridge got us again. Said they were from Oak Ridge. What a bunch of crap. I don't care if they were from Science Hill or freakin Jupitor, he screwed up this game and never took any blame. He said, i needed to get one more play called. He's lost his mind and dont believe any of it was his fault. If that's not a sure sign he's losing his mind i don't know what more proof we need. They funny guy act has been played out. I would rather have a stick in the mud and win playoff games than have a clown and go 10-1. I bet if my last name was Barker or Nottingham i could get some things done but what can an average person do? He needs to go, period!!!! Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!

Hasn't ANYBODY told the man how many and how deeply he is making his most ardent fans mad and fed up?

I was going to the QB club meeting but i realized that everyone who is there are the parents of players who would'nt go against Clark in fear there kids would'nt get to play next year. In other words, i would be greatly out numbered and people would show there butt to get brown nosing points from the coach. The only thing that is going to get this done is to call or email Cary Daniels at DB and overwhelm him with criticism community wide. I still can't believe he did'nt blame hiself for this loss. So he's blaming th players? Really? Maybe they were not coached to be able to handle adversity. That sounds more like it. Oh, along with his stupid clock control schemes.