Dobyns-Bennett Football

ArtVandalay

I've seen you guys grip and complain about your coach every year about this time. But, I have to say this is the worst I have seen it yet. Who do you really expect to get to replace him? Look around :unsure: there are very few "GOOD" coaches out there at any level. If you are not careful you will be going backwards. And those 10-0 regular seasons will be 8-2 and 7-3 and still get beat in the 1st or 2nd round of the play-offs. I believe Clark is a good coach. Maybe he needs some better assistant coaches. No head coach does it all on his own. Must have good people around him.

I know you all are upset, but be careful what you wish for.

I have been wondering if I should post this or not because it comes from a very good friend of mine who has a son on the team. I'll just say he's one of the better players. He's seriously talking about transfering him to another school next year. I can tell you theres alot of the boys that are a little more than upset at how they lost that game. If you lose this player you might have a few more that follow. Stacy Carter might be all smiles come July.

I've seen you guys grip and complain about your coach every year about this time. But, I have to say this is the worst I have seen it yet. Who do you really expect to get to replace him? Look around :unsure: there are very few "GOOD" coaches out there at any level. If you are not careful you will be going backwards. And those 10-0 regular seasons will be 8-2 and 7-3 and still get beat in the 1st or 2nd round of the play-offs. I believe Clark is a good coach. Maybe he needs some better assistant coaches. No head coach does it all on his own. Must have good people around him.

I know you all are upset, but be careful what you wish for.

Don't worry. We won't hire a Gilligan or Stacy type coach. But I would be willing to take a look at one you guys passed over. And I also disagree. There are alot of good coaches that Im sure we could get. He doesn't have to come from this state you know.

I have been wondering if I should post this or not because it comes from a very good friend of mine who has a son on the team. I'll just say he's one of the better players. He's seriously talking about transfering him to another school next year. I can tell you theres alot of the boys that are a little more than upset at how they lost that game. If you lose this player you might have a few more that follow. Stacy Carter might be all smiles come July.

Well if I was going to transfer I'd go to North before I would Science Hill. Their still playing.

No way I'd give up my tickets.I'll be there if DB keeps coach for ten more years or Daniels takes over and hires central's coach to ruin the offense and crockett's to ruin the defense.I love DB football and can't wait for next year.I'll go until I can't go.I do hope a couple of fat people in front of me take your advice,I'll buy their tickets as well.I know people are mad and you should be mad when your team get's beat,but I'll be there for the boys next year nomatter what and they will too.

Man why do you have to be such a big sissy. Get some nads.

Since your to stupid to understand what I wrote,I'll say it again in a way you might comprehend{understand}.Alcoa has won several state titles in a row under Rankin and anyone talking bad about him is just plain stupid.If your feeling as if I called you stupid the first time,your wrong.If your feeling I just called you stupid,YOUR RIGHT !

No way I'd give up my tickets.I'll be there if DB keeps coach for ten more years or Daniels takes over and hires central's coach to ruin the offense and crockett's to ruin the defense.I love DB football and can't wait for next year.I'll go until I can't go.I do hope a couple of fat people in front of me take your advice,I'll buy their tickets as well.I know people are mad and you should be mad when your team get's beat,but I'll be there for the boys next year nomatter what and they will too.

All you've done is prove that I'm right about you and your real message in that post. You don't have enough courage to stand up for changes that will move this program forward out of the stagnation it's in. How many players do we have to loose next year to convince you? How may fans have to call it quits to convince you? How much more laughing and taunting by the DB haters? What I hear from most of these folks here is loyalty to DB, the football program, and the tradition - not to the current coaches. Not so from you. You have to get your football fix regardless of the price. They want to see the program move forward. Dang, I can't believe how much respect I have for Waco, Art, and others right now.

Don't worry. We won't hire a Gilligan or Stacy type coach. But I would be willing to take a look at one you guys passed over. And I also disagree. There are alot of good coaches that Im sure we could get. He doesn't have to come from this state you know.

I just saying . . . You can go from Maine to Miami or you can go to Hollywood to Dollywood, but it ain't that easy to find a GOOD coach! First order of business it to get the old one out. I'll be surprised if you make that happen. Hard to say . . . "Coach we don't want you anymore" when he has coached up a whole crop of good young men to be more than just good football players. And . . . oh yeah, isn't he the coach that went 188-42 since 1993?? ONE man can't do it all!

Edited by The Hill

I just saying . . . You can go from Maine to Miami or you can go to Hollywood to Dollywood, but it ain't that easy to find a GOOD coach! First order of business it to get the old one out. I'll be surprised if you make that happen. Hard to say . . . "Coach we don't want you anymore" when he has coached up a whole crop of good young men to be more than just good football players. And . . . oh yeah, isn't he the coach that went 98-22 in the last 10 years?? ONE man can't do it all!

It's not hard to say "Coach we don't want you anymore". Have you been reading these post? Come over to Kingsport and here what people are talking about. You've been to DB games and you know how we feel about our football team. I've never seen this many mad people over here. I think the Greenville Boy is the only fan he has left.

Edited by WaCoJaCo

It's not hard to say "Coach we don't want you anymore". Have you been reading these post? Come over to Kingsport and here what people are talking about. You've been to DB games and you know how we feel about our football team. I've never seen this many mad people over here. I think the Greenville Boy is the only fan he has left.

Leave him alone.

I just saying . . . You can go from Maine to Miami or you can go to Hollywood to Dollywood, but it ain't that easy to find a GOOD coach! First order of business it to get the old one out. I'll be surprised if you make that happen. Hard to say . . . "Coach we don't want you anymore" when he has coached up a whole crop of good young men to be more than just good football players. And . . . oh yeah, isn't he the coach that went 188-42 since 1993?? ONE man can't do it all!

I get your game. The longer Clark stays the more DB players you can steal. It must not be that hard to let a coach go. You all have been turning coaches like flap jacks.