Dobyns-Bennett Football

ArtVandalay

I've worked the races at Bristol, bought clothing and decals, programs, tailgate dinners and spent many dollars traveling to Knoxville or Nashville over the past 15 years as well as have been a player at DB. Spent money on season tickets and took days off to travel on long road games to support the Indians without even having a kid on the team. So, i believe i have the right to voice my opinion #73. I happen to take this winning thing just a little more serious than you do. For Sensabaugh, Duran Ferguson, Lamon Williams, Teddy Gaines and Adonis Johnson to not have a State Championship ring on their fingers is a huge injustice to these kids. Too much talent. How would Lamons life have changed if he could have won a title? Better? Possibly. I would like to think so. We as fans have said before that we all think the world of Coach but we think he has just been left behind. And for him to throw the players on special teams under the bus for the loss and to blame the Oak Ridge referees for the loss is very disturbing. Just watch the video. www.dbfootballshow.com I will not boycott this team because i love DB football more than i love Tennessee football and a lot of other things. So i will continue to support them as one of their biggest fans for as long as i can but i can tell you i feel that our players and our community of fans are being cheated out of the success of a title that we definately deserve. I'm glad you players have your coaches back but i bet deep inside you know what the problem is as well as we do. All good things come to an end. We should throw a celebration for the man being one of our greatest leaders and coaches of all time and let his legacy live on but it's time to plan for the future. And the future has a gold ball in it. Roll Tribe!!!!!! :thumb:

You are welcome to your opinion

Sorry it all relates to winning

I guess you do not understand what DB football did for the players you mentioned - state championship or not

Most of the players you mentioned did have their life improved because of going to DB and playing football

Not sure what a ring would have added

And some players fail no matter how much you try to help them

But the key is trying to help them which is much more important than a ring

I played many years ago and it taught me many things I still use in life

Don't think a ring would have made any difference

However I do agree with the blame thing, that is just wrong

He made mistakes and the team paid for it

But do we just forget about him and the other coaches and what they do for these kids on a daily basis

I agree that we need to change some things, but I don't thing firing the staff is the answer

I think we have some coaches that want to fix the problems and I hope it can be done

You do deserve a say as a player as you have helped the program and continue to

Edited by db73

You are welcome to your opinion

Sorry it all relates to winning

I guess you do not understand what DB football did for the players you mentioned - state championship or not

Most of the players you mentioned did have their life improved because of going to DB and playing football

Not sure what a ring would have added

And some players fail no matter how much you try to help them

But the key is trying to help them which is much more important than a ring

I played many years ago and it taught me many things I still use in life

Don't think a ring would have made any difference

However I do agree with the blame thing, that is just wrong

He made mistakes and the team paid for it

But do we just forget about him and the other coaches and what they do for these kids on a daily basis

I agree that we need to change some things, but I don't thing firing the staff is the answer

I think we have some coaches that want to fix the problems and I hope it can be done

You do deserve a say as a player as you have helped the program and continue to

I'm glad you can understand our point of view on this as well as holding true to your own beliefs. So what do you think can be done if the current staff stays together? We have just seen a pattern of failure in the second half of these playoff games that looks a lot like we are scared to death to try and keep the game in our corner. I'm very disturbed that this trent cannot be controlled. Both this game and the Mcminn County game but left us feeling as if our girlfriends had been taken from us. Not a feeling i ever want to experience again. So what can be done? Can it be fixed? Will the staff see ever see there failures are a result of frightening our players to death when they tell them to run clock so early in a game? Im unsure. I'm not in the click so who will tell them that they will listen? I'm very excited about the players coming back and i want them to leave this school doing what no other class has ever done before and thats to win it on the field and give all of us the pride as Indians we desreve. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!

This is the biggest bunch on nonsense I have ever read in my life. You and Waco need to get some signs and go down to db and have an "OCCUPY DB SIT IN", instead of getting behind a keyboard. I would venture to say some of the parents of the players would stick your signs up "where the sun don't shine". This is HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL, just an extra-curricular activity of the school. This isn't the Dallas Cowboys and your trying to get rid of Wade Phillips. And the most ignorant statement of all " Leave the seats empty". Who are you hurting? The city "no", the coaches "no". The city has plenty of money, the coaches get paid if no one is in the stands. The only ones it hurts is the KIDS that put in all the time, weight room, summer practice, etc. You are an idiot. If I was a parent of a player to be there next year, I would say to keep your sorry a-- at home.

Just figured out who you are, and why you would be posting on this threadwithout a dog in it as they say. How's basketball looking this year Mr Daniels? - they still havent recovered from your coaching days :roflol:

This is for db73, nobody else. Wanna know what I've done huh? I played 2 yrs, my son 2 yrs, Being from Highland I didnt have the easiest road getting on the team because I didnt have a Marquee name, and worked after practice, but I did and played. My son also played. I coached Boys Club, worked 1 yr concessions, made countless trips to wherever the Indians were going on Friday night and have had the same tickets for over 20 yrs. I was never in the click,and Im not now. Sorry to disapoint you , but winning 10 games a year, (with at least 4 of those the team could coach theirself and win)is not acceptable when the crap that happened this past game gets repeated yr after yr after yr after yr after yr, get it? is that 5-6 in a row WITH THE SAME ENDING? Sorry its time for a change, before the great talent we have coming back and up from Middle school decides to go elsewhere.

This is for db73, nobody else. Wanna know what I've done huh? I played 2 yrs, my son 2 yrs, Being from Highland I didnt have the easiest road getting on the team because I didnt have a Marquee name, and worked after practice, but I did and played. My son also played. I coached Boys Club, worked 1 yr concessions, made countless trips to wherever the Indians were going on Friday night and have had the same tickets for over 20 yrs. I was never in the click,and Im not now. Sorry to disapoint you , but winning 10 games a year, (with at least 4 of those the team could coach theirself and win)is not acceptable when the crap that happened this past game gets repeated yr after yr after yr after yr after yr, get it? is that 5-6 in a row WITH THE SAME ENDING? Sorry its time for a change, before the great talent we have coming back and up from Middle school decides to go elsewhere.

would like to know who is talking about leaving. I could understand if one of them did after having some trouble at the end of the year but anybody else, i would'nt understand.

I'm glad you can understand our point of view on this as well as holding true to your own beliefs. So what do you think can be done if the current staff stays together? We have just seen a pattern of failure in the second half of these playoff games that looks a lot like we are scared to death to try and keep the game in our corner. I'm very disturbed that this trent cannot be controlled. Both this game and the Mcminn County game but left us feeling as if our girlfriends had been taken from us. Not a feeling i ever want to experience again. So what can be done? Can it be fixed? Will the staff see ever see there failures are a result of frightening our players to death when they tell them to run clock so early in a game? Im unsure. I'm not in the click so who will tell them that they will listen? I'm very excited about the players coming back and i want them to leave this school doing what no other class has ever done before and thats to win it on the field and give all of us the pride as Indians we desreve. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!

We have some very good young coaches

I think the majority of the staff sees the problem

somehow the head coach needs to give up some control and let these young coaches help change the culture of the program

i don't think firing will help but i think an attitude adjustment conversation by the right people would get the job done

my opinion

I've worked the races at Bristol, bought clothing and decals, programs, tailgate dinners and spent many dollars traveling to Knoxville or Nashville over the past 15 years as well as have been a player at DB. Spent money on season tickets and took days off to travel on long road games to support the Indians without even having a kid on the team. So, i believe i have the right to voice my opinion #73. I happen to take this winning thing just a little more serious than you do. For Sensabaugh, Duran Ferguson, Lamon Williams, Teddy Gaines and Adonis Johnson to not have a State Championship ring on their fingers is a huge injustice to these kids. Too much talent. How would Lamons life have changed if he could have won a title? Better? Possibly. I would like to think so. We as fans have said before that we all think the world of Coach but we think he has just been left behind. And for him to throw the players on special teams under the bus for the loss and to blame the Oak Ridge referees for the loss is very disturbing. Just watch the video. www.dbfootballshow.com I will not boycott this team because i love DB football more than i love Tennessee football and a lot of other things. So i will continue to support them as one of their biggest fans for as long as i can but i can tell you i feel that our players and our community of fans are being cheated out of the success of a title that we definately deserve. I'm glad you players have your coaches back but i bet deep inside you know what the problem is as well as we do. All good things come to an end. We should throw a celebration for the man being one of our greatest leaders and coaches of all time and let his legacy live on but it's time to plan for the future. And the future has a gold ball in it. Roll Tribe!!!!!! :thumb:

That' a great post '91.

The one thing I do not understand is if y'all were good enough to put 28 on the other team in the first half, then why did you QUIT trying to REALLY score in the second half? <_<

Does y'alls Coach not understand this is the playoffs and you go home if you do not win? This is football and NOT rocket science.

DB had 3 possesions in the first half agianst Sevier County, all ended in Touchdowns, missed 1 extra point, got a 2 pt conversion, to make it 21-0 at half. Sevier County had 5 possesions in the first half. The last one was a kneel down to run the clock out. They did not get close to the end zone.

The 2nd half started with the Indians already in clock running mode coming out of the dressing room, and a quick 3 and out. A brilliant 66 yard punt put the Smokey Bears inside their own 5 and a bad pass into triple coverage was intercepted and set up the only score for DB in the 2nd half.

After that for DB it was 3 and outs, punts getting blocked, a punt return for a TD and a total collapse, and turnovers...something that panic from the sidelines had to have an influence on.... the Indians had almost no turnovers during the regular season. It was over when Sevier County cut it to 28-14 and everybody knew it. They are lying if they say different. It has played out so many times since the 2005 season.

Here are the facts: Can you say this is wrong? 3 and 7 in Playoffs since '05. (2 Road losses, so 3-5 in Home Playoff Games, all of which the Indians were favorites in, and in almost every loss, a huge favorite to win. 2 of those 3 Home wins were against Jefferson County, a joke of a 6A Football Team.

In 2005 - DB (9-1) lost at Home in Round 1 against the Owls of Ooltewah (17-20). A shocking upset.

In 2006 - DB (10-0) lost at Home in Round 1 against William Blount (10-13). A shocking upset. That Team should have won a State Title, they were incredible during the Season.

In 2007 - A rebuilding year, the Indian Fans were pleased to make Round 2, beating Oak Ridge (not a good Wildcat Team as they were on the Road in Round 1) in Round 1 and loosing to a strong Farragut Team on the Road, because we would be unstoppable in 2008.

In 2008 - DB (10-0) lost at Home in Round 1 against McMinn County. The most stunning loss in my history of being an Indian Fan. It was 24-0 at half, total domination, "everbody plays tonight".... and we lost.... in maybe the most embarrasing finish to game as I have ever witnessed and still have a hard time talking about.

We all thought that Team would win the State Title.

In 2009 - The Indians had their only loosing record under Clark, (even Betty Crocker burns a cake every once in a while) going 5-6 and loosing on the Road to Maryville in Round 1... but everybody knew.... we got everybody coming back and we will be awesome next year.

In 2010 - DB (11-0) lost at Home to Bearden in Round 2 in another shocking fashion, domintating the game in every way, but could not tackle 1 player, Devrin Young. The Indians never punted in this game and lost. Our Round 1 victory was against hapless Jeff. County (might as well have been South).

In 2011 - DB (11-0) again, a Round winner over hapless Jeff. County, looses to Sevier County at Home in Round 2. A game the Indians had in their back pocket. The Smokey Bears never sniffed the end zone, until they were down 28-0 with 2 min. left in the 3rd quarter.... and the Indians lost that game....35-28 in OT at Home.

I am out after this. I have stated the facts and If you look at the first post on this string, it will show that I have supported Coach Clark for his entire coaching career. Sometimes things just get past you over time, you get complacent, I don't know why.

If DB looses key players to move over to North, look out. And I can say, good job Batman, you predicted that very thing weeks ago.

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by ArtVandalay

Sorry toomuchspeed

i am impressed with you connection to DB football and what you have done

A marquee name nor a click can make you a good football player and I am sure GC and the staff would agree

I quess we have different opinions as to what is important in high school sports

I don't disagree about GC's performance friday night

I think this was the first team in a while that had a chance to go a long way

But firing him over this does not seem to be the right thing

the coaches at DB are teachers first and are not paid crap

they do not coach for the money but because they care about the kids

the hours they work are unbelievable

maybe we can make it where the coaches are only paid large amounts to coach and not teach

then the critisism would be in line

i doubt most of us woould put the time in they do for the money they make

i respect what they do for these young men

winning is great but i think there are more important things involved to high school sports

again I apologize as you have certainly paid you dues to DB sports