Dobyns-Bennett Football

ArtVandalay

If you are going to get on the right track then you need to take desperate measures. I see that some are in place and others are being talked about. 1st of all you must convert all of Sullivan County into one Super High School. That seems to be in motion with annexation. Then you will have all the talent that city and county have to offer. Next you will need a staff worthy enough to train and teach these fine athletes. Someone posted earlier that money is not an issue with Eastman and others from the Kingsport community. Also I agree with WaCo. You don't have to stay in state. Throw some money down and you can grab maybe Bill Belichick as HC, Sean Payton as OC, and Dom Capers as DC. Then you will have to refresh the fan base. Seems many of you can't make up your mind wheter to boycott the program or support it. Look there can only be one state champ and Maryville has that locked up right now even if you got passed SC. Wait, instead of taking students what you need to do is eliminate all students from DB except football players and the band and you could drop to 4A. If you eliminate the band students you could drop to 1A maybe and compete for a goldball. Course it wouldn't be worth losing the band accolades. Keep the band and football players and drop to 4A. Sorry Batman I know that would tear(sp) the universe in two for you cuz you wouldn't know for sure who to pull for. It's the only option I see though. :bored:

On the second part you wrote about,having that size of school with great players is what North has a shot to do if they get a large amount of top players.Greeneville is that kind of school in a bigger classifcation,but they will be pushed every year by teams like Fulton,Redbank and the Nashville area teams.They just need to get what they can,while everything is perfectly lined up.Nomatter the class your in,your team has to bring it every week in the playoffs.That goes for Maryville just as well.They have only got one championship in the last three trys and everything has been perfectly set up for them.

On the second part you wrote about,having that size of school with great players is what North has a shot to do if they get a large amount of top players.Greeneville is that kind of school in a bigger classifcation,but they will be pushed every year by teams like Fulton,Redbank and the Nashville area teams.They just need to get what they can,while everything is perfectly lined up.Nomatter the class your in,your team has to bring it every week in the playoffs.That goes for Maryville just as well.They have only got one championship in the last three trys and everything has been perfectly set up for them.

I'm just goofin Bat.

Thanks Coach. I was wondering when we were going to hear from you. Good to know how you really feel. So IT IS the kids fault. You forgot refs.

By the way they were executing until someone gave the order to hit the brakes. :rolleyes:

the real reason they lost coach doesnt have a coat, would somebody please buy him a coat, no he didnt hit the brakes he turned the engine off must have been a vega flashback, one of the best qb we have had and you tie his hands behind his back,go figure

?

?

Having a great coach,great system,great players and being in the championship game three times in a row.Doesn't mean your going to win every time.Didn't include those years before MHS.No disrespect,just saying you have to bring it every time or your not going to win every game in the playoffs.Even if your Maryville

That goes for Maryville just as well.They have only got one championship in the last three trys and everything has been perfectly set up for them.

I don't see how having one of the youngest , least experienced teams in Coach Quarles era in 2009 was " perfectly set up " for us ?? We were amazed to even be there in that State Championship ... just because Maryville has a bunch of them , doesn't mean it's ever easy .

After everyone calms down a little bit I think you guys will see that drastic changes are not what's needed at DB ... The Coach should of took some of the responsibility , I agree , but running him off and starting over from scratch would not be a step forward , it would be backwards . Jmo .

Explain "perfectly set up for them".

I would also like to hear you expound on "only one championship in the last three trys" (sic). Did I miss some other teams beside Alcoa that have been in three straight championship games recently? I guess those Red Rebels are a crew of slackers.

Edited by plumb69

You can do all kind of things with bologna-slice it, dice it, puree it, etc.Here I come on this message board with my bologna.I was hired in 1977 by KPT. City Schools to coach and teach at Sevier. That was a very fortunate thing for me at that time because I have felt lucky and privileged to have taught and coached at Sevier for fifteen years.There were terrific administrators and fellow teachers to work with.The students and athletes I worked with during those years were outstanding. I received $250 a year to coach basketball. I realize I was overpaid.When I first came to KPT. I was in a parade downtown. I fell off the back of a turnip truck and hit my head.However, I have never felt disadvantaged in this area. You don't have to call me stupid because my wife does that at least once a week when I piss her off. I have no problem with DB fans wanting to win championships.Most fans want their team to win and some fans vicariously think because my team beat your team therefore I am superior to you.I do think it is important to instill in high school student athletes that they do their very best in everything they do.Your coaches do a great job of this. You do have good coaches in football and basketball who work very hard. It is obvious to me that DB doesn't know how to win state championships in football and basketball.If you did you would have done so.You are good locally.I would like to see the basketball team win one game at the state level and the football team to get past the third round. I think this is achieveable at some point.

Truly talented teams that are well coached win championships.When I coached at Sevier we won 91% of our games in basketball for fifteen years.There were three undefeated teams. It was my fault that we lost any games. We lost twice to Johnson City in fifteen. That was also my fault because I never thought we should lose to those potlickers.We should have been undefeated for fifteen years but a few times I got a little complacent. Some of you would have liked to have been a fan because you could have talked smack.

There is a lot of politics in high school coaching.I always enjoyed playing. I worked very hard to be the best player I could be in high school. I also realized that to be nationally recognized I had to play on a great team. I made sure my team won. It resulted in my being voted the high school national player of the year. To my knowledge this has never been done in the state of TN. It was fun being on the Ed Sullivan Show. I enjoyed playing on two state championship teams in Fla. I hope you get to experience that in football and basketball. I also ocassionly enjoy talking smack. In your eye,sucker.

When I coached at Volunteer and we beat DB in basketball I know I wasn't a good sport. I didn't want to be. I rolled around on the court with Ronnie and repeatly said 'Whose Your Daddy Now'.Good memories for me. No wonder DB dropped us in basketball.If I was at DB I wouldn't want to experience that again, either. Payback can be distasteful.My wife doesn't approve this message but I really don't care.Good luck to all of you.

Explain "perfectly set up for them".

I would also like to hear you expound on "only one championship in the last three trys" (sic). Did I miss some other teams beside Alcoa that have been in three straight championship games recently? I guess those Red Rebels are a crew of slackers.

You have to consider who made that post. Batman should spend his time on the girls vollyball thread.

You can do all kind of things with bologna-slice it, dice it, puree it, etc.Here I come on this message board with my bologna.I was hired in 1977 by KPT. City Schools to coach and teach at Sevier. That was a very fortunate thing for me at that time because I have felt lucky and privileged to have taught and coached at Sevier for fifteen years.There were terrific administrators and fellow teachers to work with.The students and athletes I worked with during those years were outstanding. I received $250 a year to coach basketball. I realize I was overpaid.When I first came to KPT. I was in a parade downtown. I fell off the back of a turnip truck and hit my head.However, I have never felt disadvantaged in this area. You don't have to call me stupid because my wife does that at least once a week when I piss her off. I have no problem with DB fans wanting to win championships.Most fans want their team to win and some fans vicariously think because my team beat your team therefore I am superior to you.I do think it is important to instill in high school student athletes that they do their very best in everything they do.Your coaches do a great job of this. You do have good coaches in football and basketball who work very hard. It is obvious to me that DB doesn't know how to win state championships in football and basketball.If you did you would have done so.You are good locally.I would like to see the basketball team win one game at the state level and the football team to get past the third round. I think this is achieveable at some point.

Truly talented teams that are well coached win championships.When I coached at Sevier we won 91% of our games in basketball for fifteen years.There were three undefeated teams. It was my fault that we lost any games. We lost twice to Johnson City in fifteen. That was also my fault because I never thought we should lose to those potlickers.We should have been undefeated for fifteen years but a few times I got a little complacent. Some of you would have liked to have been a fan because you could have talked smack.

There is a lot of politics in high school coaching.I always enjoyed playing. I worked very hard to be the best player I could be in high school. I also realized that to be nationally recognized I had to play on a great team. I made sure my team won. It resulted in my being voted the high school national player of the year. To my knowledge this has never been done in the state of TN. It was fun being on the Ed Sullivan Show. I enjoyed playing on two state championship teams in Fla. I hope you get to experience that in football and basketball. I also ocassionly enjoy talking smack. In your eye,sucker.

When I coached at Volunteer and we beat DB in basketball I know I wasn't a good sport. I didn't want to be. I rolled around on the court with Ronnie and repeatly said 'Whose Your Daddy Now'.Good memories for me. No wonder DB dropped us in basketball.If I was at DB I wouldn't want to experience that again, either. Payback can be distasteful.My wife doesn't approve this message but I really don't care.Good luck to all of you.

thanks coach mo i was on one of your undeafeted teams, we never let up we practiced hard and played harder we feared no one, you have to have that killer instict in big games, some people have it some dont, i ran the point for" salt" and" pepper" team, everybody knew there job and did it, i would love to see db advance and at least get beat by a better team, thats what we all want, good luck to you

Edited by dbfanforlife