Dobyns-Bennett Football

ArtVandalay

Good ol boy??? I'm honored! Guess that is better than being on the bandwagon....or guess your off of it again now... Can't keep up with your mood swings!

Yes, got all the DVDs you care to see. But by your change of topic, can we agree that I'm correct bout the "busted bubble" before we go to McMinn or Seveir Co?

It gets tougher when you have to deal with FACTS instead of just throwing out garbage, huh?

So are you a supporter of Clark. If so please explain what happened in the Sevier Co. game. Im not looking to start a name calling fight. You say you have the facts. Id like to here them. Havn't seen where any of his supporters have been able to explain it.

So we agree that you were wrong on this one before fast forwarding to any others? Or shall we post video? Just askin.....

It's easy to spew venom when you are making it up as you go! Let's deal with the facts. So far you are ofer! That's a lot worse than 11-1.

Im really still big enough to spew just about anything I feel like, so her goes some more ''coach"(used loosly). What kind of grand offensive skeem did we use against WM Blont to get us in that position to lose, against a 5-5 team? Oh yeah you are right about the dvds on the other games, I watched the one against Mcminn Co, and a player did miss a block somewhere in the 3rd qtr, and that stupid call at the end of the game, brilliant there was a missed tackle on that play as well. Other than that,coaching was as bad as it was last Fr. Said it before, players change every year but the coaching dont.

You know something... I think I have hit on something. I will spend some time at the Library to do some research.... here is what I am thinking. Clark was an Assistant Coach for the entire duratation of Ted Wilson as Head Coach.... up until Clark, Wilson's 11 Seasons are the most ever by a DB Football Coach.

Looking at the Wilson's Regular Season Records and his results in the Playoffs, we have a pattern here.... the last 7 Seasons look alot like Wilson's tenure.... great Season, little to no Playoff results at all.

Will report back.

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by ArtVandalay

Speaking of players changing.How will the offensive and defensive fronts look for the Tribe next year.DB has some great skill players coming back but you have to get them in the open.Swafford is without a doubt one of the most exciting players that I've seen at J Fred or anywhere in a long time.

The only thing you have to worry about is keeping those skill players at home. DB will probably go 10-0 or 9-1 and lose in the first or second round of the playoffs. Thats just a guess. :rolleyes:

I wanted to make sort of a final comment here before this thread dries up, which it seems to be doing now that almost everybody is off topic.

My earlier comments were based in anger. I was there when the guy beside me basically stomped out of the stadium shaking his head. I saw the stunned disbelief around me. The comment that this is McMinn all over again was made by others around me. They remembered and so did I. I have had a while to ponder and sort of observe other comments. For what little it may be worth, I thought I would share how I plan to end this whole experience for myself.

It is obvious that the coaches blew the 2nd half of the DB/Sevier Co. game. This is a repeating set of circumstances that continues since the McMinn game. DB comes out of half time in neutral, tries to sit on the score possibly to minimize the chances of mistakes and injuries, and cannot get out of that mode. The other team starts scoring and panic ensues. Game over. Over simplified - yes.

I watched the video of Clark. I was embarrassed by his performance on his show. What happened to the Coach Clark who always takes responsibility? What has happened to the Coach Clark who always seemed to be able to pull a rabbit out of his cap so to speak? At lest in the playoffs when he meets teams that are as good as DB is.

Yea, the 70 in my screen name says when I graduated. I am a couple of years older than Clark. My wife

was in his graduating class. My kids graduated from DB. I am a DB fan, football, band, everything. I can say what I am about to say because I know how it is at our age. Enough with the PC. You just think a little slower at our age and I really believe that this is a problem for him. He can no longer think fast enough to keep up with the action as offensive coordinator. He needs to learn to delegate his ongoing play calling and reserve his focus to the overall game and make suggestions to those doing the over play calling. At the very least he needs to make this change and find a new, playoff experienced defensive coordinator, now. Perhaps he could then continue as head coach.

Now actually, I believe that he should be the new Athletic Director. In that job he could use his people

skills, which he seems to have an abundance of, to do something about DB's schedule. I think he could

pull off filling those 3 out of conference slots with really good teams - not just teams that were good last

year like Clinton. I think he could pull 1 or 2 big name schools and maybe get Oak Ridge back on the

schedule. I'd love that. He could also use his networking experience to find a new experience head

coach and possibly an offensive coordinator. The current AD needs to move on.

So what am I going to do? I plan to write Coach Clark, be as diplomatic as possible and ask him to

consider working towards these changes. I intend to write the Board of Education and Supt. of Schools

and ask them to help him make these changes. Like some have said, if he is the man everyone believes

he is, he will do what is right, unless he has changed. If I recall, he took responsibility on at least one of the post game radio broadcasts for the loss. It is not beyond reason to believe that someone told him to

NOT take responsibility on the show perhaps for political reasons. That may account for how lost he

seemed to be on the show as well. He may not have liked what he was told to do.

I hope that those of you who believe that something needs to change will do something reasonable to help motivate the powers that be to make something happen. We can not afford to continue this streak. Status quo is not an option at this point. Have a good off season. Best of luck to the Tribe.

One of the best posts I have seen on the T. Calm dispassionate analysis. Logical conclusions. Most importantly, a Plan of action to impliment it for the good of the man, the program, and the school.

I honestly hope it works. If not then the Coach is in the River in Egypt.

Good Luck.

One of the best posts I have seen on the T. Calm dispassionate analysis. Logical conclusions. Most importantly, a Plan of action to impliment it for the good of the man, the program, and the school.

I honestly hope it works. If not then the Coach is in the River in Egypt.

Good Luck.

Thanks Lost Old Dad. I hope others will take action as well.

When I noticed your response, I looked up and noticed that I had said "defensive coordinator" when I meant "offensive". See what I mean. One really has to be careful when you're over 55. No telling what you'll mess up.

Boosted06Rio,I have no problem with your reply to my post.I felt like making some comments and I did so. I do want you to understand that I am a retired, financially secure guy, who is not concerned with losing his job because of comments he makes.I just don't want you to continue to get over your head on this post.

I think DB has a wonderful tradition of excellence in both football and basketball. The community has always demanded good results. This certainly stands in contrast to the ingrained 'good old boy' system in Sullivan County.If you could point out where any of my comments are particularly mean spirited or directed at any particular coach I would welcome that. My son,Jeff, played for Coach Morgan and he respected him very much. That's certainly good enough for me. Jeff's junior and senior year his teams qualified for the state tournament and played White Station each time. Yes, I did recognize that White Station each of those years had a much more talented team than DB. I also think Coach Morgan does a good job with his teams each year.

I appreciate your loyalty to Coach Morgan. He is a fine person and coach. I can understand your strategy. I am sure you would be better off as one of his assistants than where you are coaching. I think you are a little thin skinned. That may not serve you well in a coaching career. If it was my intention to attack a particular coach I am capable of expressing myself. That is not my intention.

Let's see what I've learned about you. You told us you coach high school basketball in this area but you didn't tell us where you coach.I would like to follow your career and learn more about the credentials that enabled you to get your job.If you happen to coach in Sullivan County please don't reply because I don't care who you are related to. Is it possible you coach at Sullivan South? They won three games last year in boys' basketball and I understand everyone got pay raises because the performance exceeded expectations.

Yes, I think Pierson, Carnes, Mills, Wolfe, Lyons etc. could have won a couple basketball state championships at DB. I coached them and I know they weren't intimidated by anyone. They definitely were talented enough, mentally tough enough, intelligent enough and could have been motivated enough by the right coach to have won at the state level. All of those fine young men were very coachable and very unselfish. Coach, whoever you are, what do you now not understand about what I am saying.

I have also learned several things about you. You obviously cannot spell very well and your reading comprehension is poor. If that is the way you spell "rediculous" I do hope that you are not teaching high school English.

I am positive that you didn't play Division 1 basketball because you are intimidated by big and athletic guys. Since you want to run your mouth about what I said why don't you emerge from the shadows. Tell us where you coach and what your credentials are. I think you are trying to become Coach Morgan's assistant or the athletic director at DB.

When I noticed your response, I looked up and noticed that I had said "defensive coordinator" when I meant "offensive". See what I mean. One really has to be careful when you're over 55. No telling what you'll mess up.

Thats ok, you were right anyway. I heard we had to take our defensive coordinator off the sideline and put him in the pressbox because of his foul language.

Guest Boosted06Rio

Boosted06Rio,I have no problem with your reply to my post.I felt like making some comments and I did so. I do want you to understand that I am a retired, financially secure guy, who is not concerned with losing his job because of comments he makes.I just don't want you to continue to get over your head on this post.

I think DB has a wonderful tradition of excellence in both football and basketball. The community has always demanded good results. This certainly stands in contrast to the ingrained 'good old boy' system in Sullivan County.If you could point out where any of my comments are particularly mean spirited or directed at any particular coach I would welcome that. My son,Jeff, played for Coach Morgan and he respected him very much. That's certainly good enough for me. Jeff's junior and senior year his teams qualified for the state tournament and played White Station each time. Yes, I did recognize that White Station each of those years had a much more talented team than DB. I also think Coach Morgan does a good job with his teams each year.

I appreciate your loyalty to Coach Morgan. He is a fine person and coach. I can understand your strategy. I am sure you would be better off as one of his assistants than where you are coaching. I think you are a little thin skinned. That may not serve you well in a coaching career. If it was my intention to attack a particular coach I am capable of expressing myself. That is not my intention.

Let's see what I've learned about you. You told us you coach high school basketball in this area but you didn't tell us where you coach.I would like to follow your career and learn more about the credentials that enabled you to get your job.If you happen to coach in Sullivan County please don't reply because I don't care who you are related to. Is it possible you coach at Sullivan South? They won three games last year in boys' basketball and I understand everyone got pay raises because the performance exceeded expectations.

Yes, I think Pierson, Carnes, Mills, Wolfe, Lyons etc. could have won a couple basketball state championships at DB. I coached them and I know they weren't intimidated by anyone. They definitely were talented enough, mentally tough enough, intelligent enough and could have been motivated enough by the right coach to have won at the state level. All of those fine young men were very coachable and very unselfish. Coach, whoever you are, what do you now not understand about what I am saying.

I have also learned several things about you. You obviously cannot spell very well and your reading comprehension is poor. If that is the way you spell "rediculous" I do hope that you are not teaching high school English.

I am positive that you didn't play Division 1 basketball because you are intimidated by big and athletic guys. Since you want to run your mouth about what I said why don't you emerge from the shadows. Tell us where you coach and what your credentials are. I think you are trying to become Coach Morgan's assistant or the athletic director at DB.

Apparently I am not the one who is thin skinned. A little heated in your reply? I am so thin skinned that I am going to let this be my last post in this section. And thanks for the grammer correction. I don't know how I ever received my masters. By the way, there are two spaces after a period, "post.I". No where in my post did I ever say you were attacking one particular coach. I just have a ton of respect for DB and their program. I also think the Hill is a great program. I could say the same for them. Good call on me being intimidated by big athletic guys. You hit the nail on the head. I just want you to know what you do know about me. Not much of anything. I do however know something about you. You are retired. I know this because you have nothing better to do than sit all day and search coacht for things to post about. But who am I? Anyways, I wish you a good night and a good rest of your life. I have nothing further to add. Sorry that you took my post so personal. Only trying to point out with facts that the east isn't going to produce to many state titles in basketball. As I said before, this is my last post. Thanks for your insight.

Let's shorten it to Rio. I think you are making an excellent decision to get off of here. You are making progress in your reading comprehension because you noted I am retired. I am not teaching anyone. In an earlier post I mentioned I fell off a turnip truck. Apparently you are presently teaching and that is what has me concerned.

I don't know how you received your master's degree either. You established the fact that the east isn't going to produce "too" many state titles in basketball. That does need to be plural, coach. Since you are intelligently checking out I won't ask you where you received your masters degree. I just hope that you are not currently teaching high school English.

I know EXACTLY what you mean. :roflol:

BTW, I am a grad also of May 1970 only at Smyrna. Turned 18 that November following graduation in Vietnam. Football is WAY more fun!