Dobyns-Bennett Football

ArtVandalay

WaCo , what do you think the chances are of your " Coach " getting some young , upcoming Coach to take over Play calling for the Offense ? I bet there would be a lot of interested , well qualified candidates out there if there was a chance in a few years of taking over as head Coach . Would that be enough for you and some other disgruntled fans to maybe settle down a bit ? Or do you think this possibility would never happen ?

I would say the chance of that are below zero. Something like a -50% chance. He watched the game film and had 24 hrs. to think about it before he came out and blamed the loss on his players and the "Oak Ridge" refs. He's one of the highest paid coaches in the state so I don't know if we can afford to hire another coach to do what he is already getting paid to do. We're screwed.

A lot of people have a lot of respect for DB , you getting on here talking big and bad won't help anything , and no , You're not my Daddy .

He may be talking big and bad but what he said is 100% correct. And he also said "except Maryville", so he wasn't saying he was your Daddy. Just to clear that one up for you.

I've worked the races at Bristol, bought clothing and decals, programs, tailgate dinners and spent many dollars traveling to Knoxville or Nashville over the past 15 years as well as have been a player at DB. Spent money on season tickets and took days off to travel on long road games to support the Indians without even having a kid on the team. So, i believe i have the right to voice my opinion #73. I happen to take this winning thing just a little more serious than you do. For Sensabaugh, Duran Ferguson, Lamon Williams, Teddy Gaines and Adonis Johnson to not have a State Championship ring on their fingers is a huge injustice to these kids. Too much talent. How would Lamons life have changed if he could have won a title? Better? Possibly. I would like to think so. We as fans have said before that we all think the world of Coach but we think he has just been left behind. And for him to throw the players on special teams under the bus for the loss and to blame the Oak Ridge referees for the loss is very disturbing. Just watch the video. www.dbfootballshow.com I will not boycott this team because i love DB football more than i love Tennessee football and a lot of other things. So i will continue to support them as one of their biggest fans for as long as i can but i can tell you i feel that our players and our community of fans are being cheated out of the success of a title that we definately deserve. I'm glad you players have your coaches back but i bet deep inside you know what the problem is as well as we do. All good things come to an end. We should throw a celebration for the man being one of our greatest leaders and coaches of all time and let his legacy live on but it's time to plan for the future. And the future has a gold ball in it. Roll Tribe!!!!!! :thumb:

Don't you just love the smell of arrogance in the morning? :roflol:

Other than Maryville what Knoxville area team is it that DB can't beat? And Im talking about the regular season as we all know we couldn't beat Jerrys kids in the playoffs. We have beat about every 5A and 6A team in the Knoxville area and done so with consistency. Don't say its talent. We have had a bunch of players go on to play on Saturdays and probably had more players on NFL teams than any school in Knoxville. Our problem is we can't win in the playoffs because out coach has brain freeze. Sorry but your wrong.

West, Alcoa, powell, CaK, Grace Christian, Austin East, even fulton and webb could possibly beat them

West, Alcoa, powell, CaK, Grace Christian, Austin East, even fulton and webb could possibly beat them

Come on guy. If your going to put up an argument put some effort into it. You picked out teams that we never play and say they could "possibly" beat us. You more or less said we couldn't compete with the Knoxville area team and I proved you wrong. And again, I am talking about the regular season as everybody knows we couldn't beat Jerrys Kids in the playoffs.

Out of those teams the only one I would consistently pick over DB would be Alcoa, but not this year. For this year, West and Powell maybe, but Austin East and Fulton wouldn't be close at all.

Adding to the list of none cupcakes,some of those Rutherford county teams are always pretty tough,Riverdale,Oakland,Symrna.Also about Fulton,they have had some great teams in the last several years,beating Alcoa when they were very good A year or two,with five or six trips to the finals.This problem is not just a coach Clark problem for the history of DB playoff football.No coach at DB has ever done as well as coach Clark since the playoffs started in the 1960's{look it up}IT's NOT EVEN CLOSE.Coach Clark would have doubled DB's state titles if it were still voted on. Didn't DB have good athlete's and coaches for the last 50 years when coach Clark wasn't there.

Adding to the list of none cupcakes,some of those Rutherford county teams are always pretty tough,Riverdale,Oakland,Symrna.Also about Fulton,they have had some great teams in the last several years,beating Alcoa when they were very good A year or two,with five or six trips to the finals.This problem is not just a coach Clark problem for the history of DB playoff football.No coach at DB has ever done as well as coach Clark since the playoffs started in the 1960's{look it up}IT's NOT EVEN CLOSE.Coach Clark would have doubled DB's state titles if it were still voted on. Didn't DB have good athlete's and coaches for the last 50 years when coach Clark wasn't there.

Shouldn't you be over on the Greenville thread instead of trying to hold onto Clarks coat tail? No coach has had the talent that Clark has had (look it up) ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE. No coach has blown playoff games like Clark (look it up) ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE. Not only just at DB but any school in the state. You can stick up for him until the cows come home but I still haven't seen you or anybody else explain how losing that game to Sevier Co. was not totally his fault. Because you can't do it. You and the couple of other people on here carying his water are dancing around the fact that "HE" lost the game. Its a no brainer.

Shouldn't you be over on the Greenville thread instead of trying to hold onto Clarks coat tail? No coach has had the talent that Clark has had (look it up) ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE. No coach has blown playoff games like Clark (look it up) ITS NOT EVEN CLOSE. Not only just at DB but any school in the state. You can stick up for him until the cows come home but I still haven't seen you or anybody else explain how losing that game to Sevier Co. was not totally his fault. Because you can't do it. You and the couple of other people on here carying his water are dancing around the fact that "HE" lost the game. Its a no brainer.

your waisting your time waco,your preaching to band parents not football people, the 2 best offensive players in the conference never touched the ball in the second half, i like coach clark but he blew it, then put the blame on everyone else, remeber if you are moving the ball you dont have to punt, never punted in first half, sevier county in the second half brought a linebacker up in the A gap right before the snap leaving the middle of the field wide open, im no coach but im not stupid either, last year he would have thrown the ball to his son, this year tightend justin long had zero catches go figure, but did have 3 tds on defense, i talked to his uncle who drove up from atlanta, he said, had he not been here he would never believe db would loose a 28 to zip lead in one qrt, his exact words were why did they try to sit on it and run the clock out, keep trying waco im on your side, i know who you are know, im sure you know me see you in the dome

The playoffs started in 1969. A NET team won that very first year in AAA. The Red Rebels had to wait a year before winning in AA in 1970. :ph34r:

Yes Elizabethton won the first one in 1939{only one classification},Morristown East in 1969,TH twice in the early seventies and JC in the eighties.All before coach Clark was the head coach and had {WACO}the states biggest bandwagon fan{One that supports a team during periods of success}.Yes I played for Greeneville and my son was First team ALL conference and First team all North East Tennessee at Dobyns-Bennett.Waco is Dobyns-Bennett or nothing.I'll take being a Greeneville boy over being Nothing. :thumb: