Dobyns-Bennett Football

ArtVandalay

You will NOT get Rankin as he will not leave Alcoa for another public school as he has enough time in already to start drawing his retirement pay. The only thing he will leave for is a private school job or a public in another state. The only reason Alcoa got him is they gave him an Asst Principal job with the MONEY that entailed after he did NOT get either of the out of state jobs he wanted. One was at Valdosta in Ga and the other was Hoover in Ala.

Now as to what the problem is, I have NO idea because I am not there to watch. I will say it does take something to give up 28 points in a couple minutes over the last quarter. That is CHOKING on a GRAND SCALE! :roflol:

I will say good luck because unless 'something' changes, this will be the same thread NEXT year. You know like it has been for the last 10 years.

One more for you Old Dad since you are a good guy then I am done. Money is not a problem for DB. I am not saying a new coach is the direction they will go, but if it is Kingsport and Oak Ridge pay the most in the state salary wise. Look it up. Couple that with DB easily having the largest season attendance in the state (I have not only witnessed this, but researched as well) plus the largest private company (Eastman) and many others backing and adding to the pay of the coach of their choice. Also in addition to higher school salary, remember cost of living here is cheaper then Knoxville, Nashville, Memphis, Boro, Brentwood, and etc so your money goes further. With the most powerful financially backed QB club in the state, money is not a problem. When MBA tried to hire Clark in 2001 with all of their money, DB simply raised his salary.

I was worried about a different thing ART.We lose some and get some all the time at the high school level.A lot of kids see the grass greener and go.I didn't want to see our top athlete's just coming up at Sevier and Robinson going straight to North or any other school.Starting a trend of taking their buds as they went.Either way,we don't need to lose great players,not one.Nomatter how any of us see all that other stuff,we need to keep our athletes.

I agree Batman, the Indians need to keep "all" student/athletes where they belong, at DB...that goes for all current and all up-coming students. I was told yesterday that "a player or 2 is talking about going to North next year." I don't want that at all.

IMO #32 should have been in the backfield over anybody other than #8 and #24 and #35. He runs hard and never got a carry against Sevier County. The ankle injury to #8 exposed the fact that the Running Backs for DB were not nearly as good as we thought they were, it was just easy for them when #8 is in the game, everybody keys on him. Several times during this last game, 1 particular back had numerous opportunities to get 2,3,4 yards on carries, but because he wasn't going to break off a big run, he would stop and try to cut back and got nothing for it. Those yards could have moved the sticks and kept the clock running.

Maybe this will get the G-Man fired up and he will circle the wagons, and make some good hires to help out.

I bet 15% of the crowd over at North Friday night is DB Fans. Good luck to the Raiders against Austin-East.

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by ArtVandalay

One more for you Old Dad since you are a good guy then I am done. Money is not a problem for DB. I am not saying a new coach is the direction they will go, but if it is Kingsport and Oak Ridge pay the most in the state salary wise. Look it up. Couple that with DB easily having the largest season attendance in the state (I have not only witnessed this, but researched as well) plus the largest private company (Eastman) and many others backing and adding to the pay of the coach of their choice. Also in addition to higher school salary, remember cost of living here is cheaper then Knoxville, Nashville, Memphis, Boro, Brentwood, and etc so your money goes further. With the most powerful financially backed QB club in the state, money is not a problem. When MBA tried to hire Clark in 2001 with all of their money, DB simply raised his salary.

Bud, it was NEVER my intention to try and tear anything down up there. It has just been VERY painfull to observe what has been going on there this last 10 years. Y'all obviously have a good and consistantly winning team, but I NEVER get to see y'all in the third round or beyond. This from a school that has as good of a tradition of winning as Oak Ridge.....almost.

I sincerely hope y'all get it worked out.

To the gentleman that wanted me to fix 'MY' team and coaches, I am trying and continue to remind them not to CHOKE again this year. I guess I am doing it well as it has one of the assistants VERY upset. Does it bother me? No, because until the current staff wins a Gold Ball I will keep pushing!

To the Gentleman up there that made the comment about it all being about WINNING....well why do you think they keep the score? <_<

Ok, now we can have a civil conversation. I don't expect Clark to resign or be fired this year. If the same thing happens next year what do you think? Keep in mind the history of our playoff games in the past 6 years. Keep in mind that we saw the same thing happen in the Jefferson Co. game two weeks ago. Don't forget what we witnessed in the McMinn Co. game. Don't forget Clarks comments after the game Friday night. Don't forget what fans from all over the state have been telling us for 10 years now. And yes I fought with those fans every step of the way. I battled them with every post about the "chokes" and all the "one & done" stuff. Well looks like our chickens have come home to roost. They all work hard as do the players. You make your desision as to support GC or not. Im just saying the evidence is overwelming. He's a good man and used to do a better job of coaching. I don't know what has happened. But its not going to change until he accepts the fact that he is the problem. I will always support the players and will always be a fan.

Glad to here you will always support the players and will remain a fan

I also would like better performance in the post season

I support the staff and agree with you assessment that change has to come from GC

without that change the staff and players cannot realize their full potential

I really hope it happens if not maybe my opinion will change

I agree Batman, the Indians need to keep "all" student/athletes where they belong, at DB...that goes for all current and all up-coming students. I was told yesterday that "a player or 2 is talking about going to North next year." I don't want that at all.

IMO #32 should have been in the backfield over anybody other than #8 and #24 and #35. He runs hard and never got a carry against Sevier County. The ankle injury to #8 exposed the fact that the Running Backs for DB were not nearly as good as we thought they were, it was just easy for them when #8 is in the game, everybody keys on him. Several times during this last game, 1 particular back had numerous opportunities to get 2,3,4 yards on carries, but because he wasn't going to break off a big run, he would stop and try to cut back and got nothing for it. Those yards could have moved the sticks and kept the clock running.

Maybe this will get the G-Man fired up and he will circle the wagons, and make some good hires to help out.

I bet 15% of the crowd over at North Friday night is DB Fans. Good luck to the Raiders against Austin-East.

Roll Tribe Roll

The second half was like a bad dream last week and I'd have to see the whole replay to answer some of the fans questions.I've read why number 8 and 2 didn't touch the ball in the 2ed half by I think DBfanforlife.I know Swafford got the ball even though he was hurt.I don't give all the credit to our team however for the collapse.They had some great playmakers as well.I praised 25 before the first game and he killed us at the end of this one.McMinn was on my mind as well,but I remember a 13-10 lead against SC in 2009,when SC only got one first down from that point and beat us 30-13.Everything that could go wrong in these three games,did go wrong at the end.As for Sullivan North,I've talked to Raiderdad several times over the last week and let him know what a great job his boy and their team have done .Kingsport and all of upper east TN should be very proud of them.This will be a very tough game for them and I want them to go all the way.If they win or not however,it's the greatest year by far in SN history and I'm happy for them.

DB had 3 possesions in the first half agianst Sevier County, all ended in Touchdowns, missed 1 extra point, got a 2 pt conversion, to make it 21-0 at half. Sevier County had 5 possesions in the first half. The last one was a kneel down to run the clock out. They did not get close to the end zone.

The 2nd half started with the Indians already in clock running mode coming out of the dressing room, and a quick 3 and out. A brilliant 66 yard punt put the Smokey Bears inside their own 5 and a bad pass into triple coverage was intercepted and set up the only score for DB in the 2nd half.

After that for DB it was 3 and outs, punts getting blocked, a punt return for a TD and a total collapse, and turnovers...something that panic from the sidelines had to have an influence on.... the Indians had almost no turnovers during the regular season. It was over when Sevier County cut it to 28-14 and everybody knew it. They are lying if they say different. It has played out so many times since the 2005 season.

Art

Thanks for providing some detail on what happened in the game. I drove to Morristown for MoWest/MoEast II, so I didnt see the DB game. There was very little detail in the SWVirginia Times, and for some reason NONE of the big plays that went against Clark's team on Friday night were on Clark's TV show. He certainly didnt discuss these plays on tv either. Out of sincere respect, I havent asked my DB faithful co-workers exactly what happened.

Bud, it was NEVER my intention to try and tear anything down up there. It has just been VERY painfull to observe what has been going on there this last 10 years. Y'all obviously have a good and consistantly winning team, but I NEVER get to see y'all in the third round or beyond. This from a school that has as good of a tradition of winning as Oak Ridge.....almost.

I sincerely hope y'all get it worked out.

To the gentleman that wanted me to fix 'MY' team and coaches, I am trying and continue to remind them not to CHOKE again this year. I guess I am doing it well as it has one of the assistants VERY upset. Does it bother me? No, because until the current staff wins a Gold Ball I will keep pushing!

To the Gentleman up there that made the comment about it all being about WINNING....well why do you think they keep the score? <_<

LOD,

Thanks for the props to Oak Ridge. I too wish better for a comunity that supports their team the way DB does. I have been the first one on here giving them grief about their schedule but I can't even bring myself to do it. Feels like kicking a man when he's down and they went 10-0...again.

I sincerely hope that these loyal fans, parents, students and players get this playoff curse off of them next year and see some of the success they deserve.....except against Oak Ridge....:)

The second half was like a bad dream last week and I'd have to see the whole replay to answer some of the fans questions.I've read why number 8 and 2 didn't touch the ball in the 2ed half by I think DBfanforlife.I know Swafford got the ball even though he was hurt.I don't give all the credit to our team however for the collapse.They had some great playmakers as well.I praised 25 before the first game and he killed us at the end of this one.McMinn was on my mind as well,but I remember a 13-10 lead against SC in 2009,when SC only got one first down from that point and beat us 30-13.Everything that could go wrong in these three games,did go wrong at the end.As for Sullivan North,I've talked to Raiderdad several times over the last week and let him know what a great job his boy and their team have done .Kingsport and all of upper east TN should be very proud of them.This will be a very tough game for them and I want them to go all the way.If they win or not however,it's the greatest year by far in SN history and I'm happy for them.

yeah i must have been watching another game somebody else in maroon and grey going dive dive dive punt, swafford was fine why else would he use him overtime, you can turn this anyway you want to but coach clark tried to run the clock out, watch the dbfootballshow and watch him shuffle papers because he didnt know what to say, there was no mayberry quip for this collapse, so he was lost, the spotlight was on him and he couldnt handle it, evertbodies fault but his even the referees are you kiddind me

Roll Tribe Roll

So let me get this straight.....you don't want the DB athletes going to North or South or other schools. BUT, it is fine for the athletes that choose to come to DB to do so. How many athletes on the the team should be at North or South......

Just wondering aloud.....

Edited by rebelfan99

So let me get this straight.....you don't want the DB athletes going to North or South or other schools. BUT, it is fine for the athletes that choose to come to DB to do so. How many athletes on the the team should be at North or South......

I guess thats why all the other schools around here lose during the season, huh? All their good athletes choose to go to DB? Just wondering aloud...

IMO I don't think any parent of a city school district child should jump on a bandwagon just because another team has a winning season. Don't get me wrong, I am very happy to see North accomplish what they have so far this year. It's the first time in the history of the school (from what I understand - that could be incorrect) that they have went undefeated in football. They have some really good kids that play and a great coaching staff. I hope they take it all the way! Yet who knows how much longer North will even be a highschool? So much talk about it being closed down year after year or transformed into something other than the good Ole Golden Raiders.

For those who live in the DB zone that want to yap about going somewhere else, I say go on. There are plenty more where you come from that will step up and you'll never be missed.

And for those who arent supposed to be at DB...well apparently their parents think otherwise, and I'm sure they pay a pretty penny to have it that way.

Get this straight Rebel fan, keep everyone of your student/athletes over there. I don't want 1 of them, period. Now, for North, since #50 Trevor Gilliam is already here, I'd like to keep him for his Senior year, but not a Rebel is welcome (to me).

Edited by ArtVandalay