Dobyns-Bennett Football

ArtVandalay

While push ups and sit ups are good, there is also some things that should be done to go along with it you can both do together. Even a Mom can do this and join in. Go for a run with him. Start small and slow, but stay constant in doing it EVERY day. After you get up to a mile a day, start adding weight to a back pack to go along with the run. Get a camelback bladder system for the REALLY long runs from 1 to 5 miles. This will allow for water along the way.

When my son entered his Senior year at R'dale he was up to 75 pounds in his pack for his twice a day runs. This was in ADDITION to what he did at school and practice. Not only did this help with his football, he tells me he credits it with saving his life more than once when he was in Iraq. For an inexpensive pack that will carry this much weight try a surplus store for a GI 'Alice' pack and NOT the 'Molle' one. The Molle's do not stand up to the weight and abuse over time.

Yes this not only sounds hard, it IS hard, but it works.

While very young, encourage them to play soccer. It is NOT the sissy game that most think it is. Slide on an ice covered field with only shorts and long socks on. It is the best cardio training for young kids there is. For example the average pro player runs about 16 kilometers just in ONE game. I found this out from playing soccer in England from when I was 13-16. It helped my American football greatly. Same for the Rugby I played there. Imagine our football, with NO pads. Of a 33 man team, we only had two withOUT a broken bone during the season. Granted mine was only a nose and a couple of fingers, I learned to play hurt from it with no backing off.

Folks have commented that I am HARD in this and other threads. Hopefully I am. For this, Thank You as I take it as a compliment.

Good stuff Old Dad.My two oldest went through the martial arts system as well.I looked back to my middle sons workouts when he was 12.Besides doing 1000 pushups a week and 700 situps,he had a very well rounded workout.When I started him on the weights,he was already very strong.These are the things that not only help young kids,but set the bar to encourage other kids to work as well.DB had some very weak boys starting to school a few years ago but have been getting stronger as a group.TY Hayworth has been a great leader for the last few years to help the others get going.

Edited by BatmanDB

Greenville head coach Caine Ballard has been on the job for three years. In that three year span he has turned around a Greenville program who has been an average team over the years to the next dynasty in local football. Ballard was a former coach at Maryville where he sharpened his skills to soon become a head coach hiself. His first year at Greenville he led his team to Cookeville for a chance to win a State Championship on his first try. He came up a little short. The following year he reloaded with the aid of a transfer student from North Carolina named Willie Carmichael. Willie led the team back to Cookeville and on the way broke the state scoring record for a team in a single season and won the State Championship. Again this year, Ballard had led his team back to Cookeville and captured another state title. Now, can anyone say coaching. It looks to me that when he arrived in Greenville he brought with him an extreme weight training regiment and conditioning drills. His players look like college level players especially on the line of scrimmage. And his finess players such as QB and wide receivers are as physical as most teams linebackers. Whatever Ballard is doing is working. Time to get out the check book Kingsport and get this man on the job. The team we have coming back next year is the most capable team i beleive we have ever had and we have the best Indian to ever put on the jersey in #8 Devaun Swafford. Yes, i said it. He's the best that we've ever had. Better than Adonis Johnson, better than Lamon Williams, better than Chris Sensabaugh and so on and so on. Period!!!!! No question and no need to respond different. It's fact!!!!! Anyway, get out the check book, sign it, and let him fill in the blank. It's time!!!! Roll Tribe!!!!!!!

Greenville head coach Caine Ballard has been on the job for three years. In that three year span he has turned around a Greenville program who has been an average team over the years to the next dynasty in local football. Ballard was a former coach at Maryville where he sharpened his skills to soon become a head coach hiself. His first year at Greenville he led his team to Cookeville for a chance to win a State Championship on his first try. He came up a little short. The following year he reloaded with the aid of a transfer student from North Carolina named Willie Carmichael. Willie led the team back to Cookeville and on the way broke the state scoring record for a team in a single season and won the State Championship. Again this year, Ballard had led his team back to Cookeville and captured another state title. Now, can anyone say coaching. It looks to me that when he arrived in Greenville he brought with him an extreme weight training regiment and conditioning drills. His players look like college level players especially on the line of scrimmage. And his finess players such as QB and wide receivers are as physical as most teams linebackers. Whatever Ballard is doing is working. Time to get out the check book Kingsport and get this man on the job. The team we have coming back next year is the most capable team i beleive we have ever had and we have the best Indian to ever put on the jersey in #8 Devaun Swafford. Yes, i said it. He's the best that we've ever had. Better than Adonis Johnson, better than Lamon Williams, better than Chris Sensabaugh and so on and so on. Period!!!!! No question and no need to respond different. It's fact!!!!! Anyway, get out the check book, sign it, and let him fill in the blank. It's time!!!! Roll Tribe!!!!!!!

dbfan, We could never win a biding war with Niswonger to get Ballard. We would come closer to getting Quarles away from Maryville, and we know thats not possible. Clark is not going to resign and he will never be fired as long as he keeps winning all his regular season games. He has been smart in surrounding himself with friends and yes men on the staff and they will always support him no matter what. DB is now forever known as the team that chokes in the playoffs and I hate that for all the players, past, present and future. Someone already started a thread on this board with a 2012 top 10 and they have DB ranked 4th. It only took to the second post for someone to say DB would do good in the regular season but would choke in the playoffs. Its etched in stone now. This staff CAN NOT prepare for a playoff game. Can't do it, not now not ever. We're screwed.

Ha!Ha! Just read in the Kpt/db times that they want to spend 7.4 Million to upgrade J fred stadium. That will bring the state championships to the model city. This is the biggest waste of money I have ever seen. Is this stimulus money from Obama (the KING of wasting taxpayers money)? I knew it wouldn't take long, after Science hill improved their stadium. Kpt is spending twice what JC did. Does the elite such as yourself and WACO need Luxury suites as the paper stated? You get all of this you might giveTom Dooley down there in Knoxville a call. :roflol:

Ha!Ha! Just read in the Kpt/db times that they want to spend 7.4 Million to upgrade J fred stadium. That will bring the state championships to the model city. This is the biggest waste of money I have ever seen. Is this stimulus money from Obama (the KING of wasting taxpayers money)? I knew it wouldn't take long, after Science hill improved their stadium. Kpt is spending twice what JC did. Does the elite such as yourself and WACO need Luxury suites as the paper stated? You get all of this you might giveTom Dooley down there in Knoxville a call. :roflol:

I don't think you could count db91 or myself as elites. I agree with you. This is a complete joke. I knew this was comming when JC built their new stadium and I knew after the half million dollar parking lot/maze this wouldn't be far behind. Your so right, a big waste of money. This will make us an even bigger joke to the rest of the state. I can here it already, 10 million dollar stadium and they still can't win a playoff game.

I don't think you could count db91 or myself as elites. I agree with you. This is a complete joke. I knew this was comming when JC built their new stadium and I knew after the half million dollar parking lot/maze this wouldn't be far behind. Your so right, a big waste of money. This will make us an even bigger joke to the rest of the state. I can here it already, 10 million dollar stadium and they still can't win a playoff game.

Yep wiser use of funds to spend a fraction of that and solve the real problem

Yep wiser use of funds to spend a fraction of that and solve the real problem

The luxury suites will be for all the blue hair's that leave at halftime. The'll probably bring in lemos to the 50 yard line to pick them up when they come down on the elivator. It'll be nice for them to use for the Fun Fest concerts to. The plus side is maybe they'll attend a first round playoff game and see in person what happens.

Yeah, we need luxury seats for about six home games a year. Anyway, a waste of money or not, it's going to get done. We have too much pride in Kingsport to be out done by Johnson City. So, if i have to give a donation of 1000.00 per seat one time to keep the great seats i have, i will. I'm aggravated as much if not more than anyone but this is still my team. And we are still D-B. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!

What kind of idiotic Consulting Firm came up with Razing J. Fred Johnson Stadium? They don't know Kingsport, for one thing. You don't tear down your past, nor a historic City landmark....no matter what. That is what Johnson City does, not Kingsport. Upgrade the existing Stadium all you want, but tearing down the Original Stadium is not going to happen.... Not no way, not no how.

I am all for putting in modern Restrooms and Concession Stands on the Home Side... I always walk to the visitors Cocession Stand.

Most of those "recomendations" will never come to fruition.

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by ArtVandalay

I like my seats and can hold it until after the game.If I get to old to walk to the top of the stands,I'll get tickets half way up.If they are going to do it nomatter what.These are some things I've heard people would like.Put a new baseball stadium somewhere else{maybe where the pool is or where the girls softball field is},then build a new home side with the sun at our backs.I don't see them detroying the stone castle in Bristol,why do it to J Fred.Just upgrade here and there.The parking lot cost a half million and has less parking.That was a good one.I think the only building most of us want is in the trophy rooms.That can start by getting the use out of another project that was completed a few years ago behind J fred.The weight room !!

What kind of idiotic Consulting Firm came up with Razing J. Fred Johnson Stadium? They don't know Kingsport, for one thing. You don't tear down your past, nor a historic City landmark....no matter what. That is what Johnson City does, not Kingsport. Upgrade the existing Stadium all you want, but tearing down the Original Stadium is not going to happen.... Not no way, not no how.

I am all for putting in modern Restrooms and Concession Stands on the Home Side... I always walk to the visitors Cocession Stand.

Most of those "recomendations" will never come to fruition.

Roll Tribe Roll

Im thinking your going to change your mind in about one week.

2012 should be the last time you get to beat up on the Rebels. I hope a lot of you Indians turn out for it. We could sure use some of that money. While you city folk are busy rebuilding your stadium , we could get some serious renovations done too, like resowing our field so you can have grass to play on next September.