Dobyns-Bennett Football

ArtVandalay

How do you beat a stacked line??? Run right at it? Didn't work. Run around it? Tried that. Throw over it? No time. Short dumps? Didn't work. Pick routes, shallow crosses, rub routes? Nope, couldn't get the pass off...those were scrambles. Vary the snap count? Go on first sound? Didn't help. Misdirection? Fail. Oh, cut the line splits, max protect an get your speed down field with your best player underneath....they can't cover both!!! Yeah, they did.

How about spread the field and let Cook run....he had a huge game on the ground. I think that would have been a good option that was not tried in the 2nd half. And I do agree with you KPTVOL, the players had as much to do with poor execution in the second half as the Coaching. I do not agree with, nor do most DB fans, setting on a lead and trying to run out the entire 2nd half clock. I am more in favor of the way Greeneville has treated their opponents over the last 3 seasons.....stop us if you can, because we are not letting up.

Roll Tribe Roll

In response to the weak conference games excuse:

You couldn't win it all when you were in the Big Yeast conference, or the Big 10, so don't blame the Big 8.

The biggest reason you can't win it now is that since about 1965 you actually have to win on the field.

Good luck finding a better coach than Clark. There are some out there but they have a team already.

I'm talking about little kids training to become big kids.I'm talking about doing something instead of sitting on my AZZ like you.

Situp's and pushups. Man thats a great ideal. While your at it maybe you could teach the kids how to walk and run also. Im sure nobody has thought of that either.

While push ups and sit ups are good, there is also some things that should be done to go along with it you can both do together. Even a Mom can do this and join in. Go for a run with him. Start small and slow, but stay constant in doing it EVERY day. After you get up to a mile a day, start adding weight to a back pack to go along with the run. Get a camelback bladder system for the REALLY long runs from 1 to 5 miles. This will allow for water along the way.

When my son entered his Senior year at R'dale he was up to 75 pounds in his pack for his twice a day runs. This was in ADDITION to what he did at school and practice. Not only did this help with his football, he tells me he credits it with saving his life more than once when he was in Iraq. For an inexpensive pack that will carry this much weight try a surplus store for a GI 'Alice' pack and NOT the 'Molle' one. The Molle's do not stand up to the weight and abuse over time.

Yes this not only sounds hard, it IS hard, but it works.

While very young, encourage them to play soccer. It is NOT the sissy game that most think it is. Slide on an ice covered field with only shorts and long socks on. It is the best cardio training for young kids there is. For example the average pro player runs about 16 kilometers just in ONE game. I found this out from playing soccer in England from when I was 13-16. It helped my American football greatly. Same for the Rugby I played there. Imagine our football, with NO pads. Of a 33 man team, we only had two withOUT a broken bone during the season. Granted mine was only a nose and a couple of fingers, I learned to play hurt from it with no backing off.

Folks have commented that I am HARD in this and other threads. Hopefully I am. For this, Thank You as I take it as a compliment.

While push ups and sit ups are good, there is also some things that should be done to go along with it you can both do together. Even a Mom can do this and join in. Go for a run with him. Start small and slow, but stay constant in doing it EVERY day. After you get up to a mile a day, start adding weight to a back pack to go along with the run. Get a camelback bladder system for the REALLY long runs from 1 to 5 miles. This will allow for water along the way.

When my son entered his Senior year at R'dale he was up to 75 pounds in his pack for his twice a day runs. This was in ADDITION to what he did at school and practice. Not only did this help with his football, he tells me he credits it with saving his life more than once when he was in Iraq. For an inexpensive pack that will carry this much weight try a surplus store for a GI 'Alice' pack and NOT the 'Molle' one. The Molle's do not stand up to the weight and abuse over time.

Yes this not only sounds hard, it IS hard, but it works.

While very young, encourage them to play soccer. It is NOT the sissy game that most think it is. Slide on an ice covered field with only shorts and long socks on. It is the best cardio training for young kids there is. For example the average pro player runs about 16 kilometers just in ONE game. I found this out from playing soccer in England from when I was 13-16. It helped my American football greatly. Same for the Rugby I played there. Imagine our football, with NO pads. Of a 33 man team, we only had two withOUT a broken bone during the season. Granted mine was only a nose and a couple of fingers, I learned to play hurt from it with no backing off.

Folks have commented that I am HARD in this and other threads. Hopefully I am. For this, Thank You as I take it as a compliment.

Some pretty good stuff there Old Dad. But I think you know that our problem is not with properly conditioned athletes. Afew years ago we had a group that didn't work very hard but that was short lived and the only time I can ever remember a DB team that didn't give 100%. We don't have a problem laying the wood to anybody we play in regular season but only go half speed in the playoffs.

Some pretty good stuff there Old Dad. But I think you know that our problem is not with properly conditioned athletes. Afew years ago we had a group that didn't work very hard but that was short lived and the only time I can ever remember a DB team that didn't give 100%. We don't have a problem laying the wood to anybody we play in regular season but only go half speed in the playoffs.

I heard that. Was trying to give some ideas to the ones that wanted to know what they could do to actually help their young men at home.

I was serious as to asking the Coach WHY he thinks he is not getting beyond the third round. If nothing else his answer should be interesting and give everybody some insight as to y'alls future.

The topic of this discussion is "DB the future". Just seems interesting that everybody wants to discss the future of DB football when everybody outside of DB already knows their future. Round 1 or 2 and OUT!!!! You guys on here crack me up. All this talk and you know deep down inside whats going to happen>>>Round 1 or 2 then DONE!!!! So just keep on talking and wearing your DB football crap and all of us who didn't go to DB will be sitting back laughing at you. You know you are making fools of yourself.

Happy Football Talk, ha ha ha!!!!!!