Dobyns-Bennett Football

ArtVandalay

A public apolgy to Graham Clark and Family is due from me. Here it is. I don't want to see anybody fired, not in todays economy, it's hard enough to find a job much less keep one.

In the haste of the loss to Sevier County, I let my emotions take over and I vented more than I should have. I just want to see the Indians win big games and set up the big games we have been waiting for as fans. There are hundreds, thousands of DB INDIAN FANS, in the stands every Friday, an hour before kickoff, watching the team warm up, watching the band march in, watching with PRIDE, as the Football Team breaks it down. I have been in the stands for almost every game since 1990, I graduated in '82 and was chest pumping proud to show my two sons DB FOOTBALL, and I still am proud to be a part of the Tribe.

Graham Clark is an awesome Coach, how do you win 82% of your games if your not. The G-Man has a great family and I am very sorry if I may have cause them any kind of problems since 11/11/11. Clark has proven over and over again that he can adjust his offense to fit the players he has, shotgut or triple option, he can coach it all and he has been spectacular at it. Graham Clark has 25% of the all-time wins of DB FOOTBALL. Clark is fantastic with the media and Kingsport is proud to have him as our Head Coach.

The disapointment of losses has meant too much to me over the years, and it will not ever mean that much to me again. I will always cheer and pull for my Indians no matter what....but losses will never mean enough to me to cause hurt to people that I know and care for... not again.

Roll Tribe Roll

I will continue to support the Tribe and yes, i will be at the games an hour before kickoff to watch all the warm ups and pre-game stuff but keep in mind this, i am upset and i will not ever forget the crap that has happened in the playoffs the last few years. I still want a change. I would be happy with Clark staying as long as he gives up the play calling some what to an assistant who can make the difference when it counts. He just needs help.Yes, Coach Clark has done a very good job in his time and with his play calling has won us a lot of games but it's time to start getting someone else ready to take over in the future. My choice a couple years ago was Coach Wagner but he has since been given the head coaching job for the baseball team. Maybe he's still interested. I've often wondered why his dad Doug Wagner was'nt given a bigger part of the program. He was my freshman Coach and is the best football coach i ever had. I looked at him when we lost to Sevier County and the frustration on his face had to be the exact way i was feeling. He has a true passion for the Indians just like the most of us fans do. I would just love for some of this to overflow to the staff who can do something about it. I'm ready for next year to come and i will be possitive about it because i know what we have coming back, but i know what will happen when the playoffs start. Smae old crap. Roll Tribe!!!!!

Now we change games......

Already answered that one.......

Pappas took himself out! Seriously, Ask him!

I answered your questions.....you answer mine! What was the problem all the other years, back before 10 years. With the other sports. How many staffs you gonna go thru? Got good men in place....got good players that are working their butts off to win and be great!

Why does anybody have to be fired....don't be a jerk, just be a fan!

when this thread was started you cant find were i ever said to fire coach clark, i said i like coach clark, my original post said he tried to run the clock out and it was obvious the qb was watching the umpire count down before he snapped the ball, dont watch the clock just play the game the clock will take care of its self, when you hire a new coach you lose a season or two to much talent coming back to waste

I have not talked to anyone close to the team since the last game.Still wonder who will be the key members of the line next year ? A lot of fine players will be moving on.It all starts with the big guys.Will there be any depth as well ? Nothing flashy about these questions,but a lot will depend on the answers for next season.

I have not talked to anyone close to the team since the last game.Still wonder who will be the key members of the line next year ? A lot of fine players will be moving on.It all starts with the big guys.Will there be any depth as well ? Nothing flashy about these questions,but a lot will depend on the answers for next season.

Not sure about the line other than most of them will be gone and have to be replaced by underclassman but i feel very confident in the athletes we have coming back. Starting QB Cook is back for his senior year along with Big Eight Conference Player of the Year Swafford. Starting fullback will be Zack Casey. The other runningback position will probably be Trey Tremmell unless the coaching staff wants to plug in Foreman at that position. Foreman at wide receiver. Not sure after that. If anyone has any other people they would like to add please add to the list. On defense, we are going to have to replace some very good players. Coming back on the defensive line, Nick Sensabaugh and Trevor Gilliam. At linebacker we lose a couple good players. Justin Long and Will Allen will graduate but we have Sam Taylor coming back. We will have Swafford and Foreman in the defensive backfield. Swafford was also 1st team conference on defense. And special teams, look for Foreman to have another great year returning the ball if anyone will kick to him. Hopefully someone can add to this list. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!

Let's get one thing straight right now, I didn't have a fast guy and I had no way to get 6 or anyone else the ball and I wasn't up 28 nor down 7.....That was the team and our Coaches....BUT

......after 10 pages of trying, it comes down to one play, one friggin play??? Alright, let's examine your suggestion...

Slaughter, Casey, Swafford, Cook.......couldn't get through the onslaught with 10 coming, not thinking Malik in the backfield is very smart idea there, coach. Tried to get it to him on the edge but couldn't. Keep trying, you are still ofer!

Didn't try the fumblrooskie, double reverse, stop flicker, throw back either! Dang! You're right! Let's fire'em all!

KptVol, i'm not a member on here and i can't read your private message. Is it anything you can tell me on here or do we need to arrange something else? Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!1

About the play calling and OC. Clark wears a headset, but does anyone know what info is passed back and forth? I do know that it is sometimes impossible to see the big picture or even the little picture from the sidelines at field level. Someone competent upstairs needs to either be calling the plays or passing along adjustments as the game goes along. The problem with passing along the information is that takes precious time, causes conflicts and sometimes confusion. This is all critical in close games against good teams under pressure situations.

Well looks like everything has been said that can be said. All the different types of DB fans have voiced their opinions, even the coaching staff has been represented here. Some think that unless you are a coach or have been a coach or if you can't prove you could do a better job than the present staff, that you should just keep out of the argument. Well when a person goes into a resturant and the food is bad you don't need to be a cook to complain. I suppose if you wanted to spend the time to go over every single play you could mold your argument any way you wanted. You could say the players didn't execute the plays and the plays were the correct plays. Well in the first half of the Sevier Co. game would you think the correct plays were called and the players executed and in the second the wrong plays were called and the players couldn't execute. If rushing 9 or 10 players every play was so sucsessful everybody would do it and there would be very little offense in any football game. The coaching staff blew a 28-0 lead because they couldn't make adjustments. Thats the bottom line. A player taking himself out of the William Blount game did not lose that game. The one thing that stays the same is the coaching staff. Players come and go and we have the same results every year. I could be wrong about this but Im thinking that we have been favored to win every playoff game we have lost except for one in the past 12 years. Does that not tell you something? 12 years of upsets? The staff does a great job preparing the team in the off season, during practice, and during regular season games. What happens to them in the post season? Nobody has hit on that yet. Our school has become the laughing stock of the entire state now. Most wins of any team in Tennessee, many undefeated reg. seasons, several #1 rankings through the past 12 years and can barely make it to the second round before losing to a team we're picked to beat, year after year. Someone do the reserch, I bet theres not a football program in the country, high school, college, or pro, that has had the success in Reg. season and non-success in the post season. So can we use a little common sinse here. Its not the fans and its not the players. Do I really want to see any of our coaches lose their job? Really? Heck no. I don't want that. What I really want is to see them fix this problem they have. The problem is, they have yet to realize they have a problem. Everybody in the state knows it, they've been shoving that down our throats for the past 10 years. Our school is now branded the "choke" & "one & done" school and it is not the fault of the fans or the players. Our coaching staff is among the highest paid in the state. We as tax payers pay their saleries. Thats another reason we have to complain. We could make it to the second round for half the money. Now some fans that have voiced their disapointment earlier have already folded and decited they would rather have a place at the table. And thats ok, nothing wrong with that if their content with losing early in the playoffs every year. Nothing at that table but salad. No main dish, no desert. I want a main dish and desert for my old school. See u-all next year.