Dobyns-Bennett Football

ArtVandalay

The BIG question???

Who "favored" DB over Sevier County? Most people that I talked to and read said, after watching the second half of the first game, that we didn't have a prayer! Let's stick with one game at a time. I'll have to go back and get the roster and give you the run down on all of the injuries in the William Blount game....can't call them all off the top of my head. As for McMinn.....remember a man named Chris Sensabaugh? Go back for me and tell me how many yards he had in the first half of that game and how many he had in the second half ? I can tell you, but you need homework too!

Your dancing around and playing lose with the facts. I have no ideal what Walton, Wilson, VanHuss etc. etc. have to do with Clarks record in the playoffs. You have yet to explain why Clark continues to lose to teams he's favored to beat in the playoffs. Have any ideal why he blew a 28 point lead to Sevier Co. and didn't have a clue how to beat their stacked line in the second half? Have any Ideal how he blew a 24 point lead in the second half against McMinn Co.? You can do all the play by play you want. Your not answering the big question. You've come up with every excuse in the book so far, but you haven't answered the big question. Year after year, same result. Different players, same coaches. Get it? The only thing your doing here is giving the Greenville boy one orgasm after another. This is the most action he's had in 20 years. Have you ever heard what the entire state of Tennessee has been telling us for the past 10 years? Does "Choke" or "one & Done ring any bells? I fought these people every year all year lone, but hey, I finally get it. Maybe you and the Greenville boy never will, but at some point reality will probably hit you like a brick wall. Go ahead and get your excuses ready for next year because the same thing is going to happen.

Wait....had to quote it so I can remember why I'm laughing so hard!

The BIG question???

Who "favored" DB over Sevier County? Most people that I talked to and read said, after watching the second half of the first game, that we didn't have a prayer! Let's stick with one game at a time. I'll have to go back and get the roster and give you the run down on all of the injuries in the William Blount game....can't call them all off the top of my head. As for McMinn.....remember a man named Chris Sensabaugh? Go back for me and tell me how many yards he had in the first half of that game and how many he had in the second half ? I can tell you, but you need homework too!

More excuses....Blew a 24 point lead. :popcorneater:

Oh, One mor thing KptVol. I have some home work for you. Find a coach anywhere in the country that has had the success that Clark has had in the regular season (# of wins), and the non-success in the playoffs that Clark has had. Get the Greenville boy to help you and get back to me on that. Good luck :popcorneater:

Easy one.Coach Waco and his long time assistant Eldorado { college of disneyland }

thumbnailbl.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Really would hate to go play by play bc it's not necessary and it would require naming players. That's not acceptable either. I only go play by play because of the incorrect allegation, by you and your devout followers, that "we went conservative and quit at halftime"

The big picture is that we came out of halftime with good enough halftime adjustments to control the ball and the clock for the 3rd quarter and scored the first points of the second half with 3:47 to play. The halftime adjustments were fine. Then...and only then, did SC go unconventional. The coaches pick up on it immediately....you saw the results. YOU, sir, obviously have NO clue what all was done, called, tried, re tried, and attempted to overcome what they were doing. You SIR, have no idea who all was consulted and had input on the decision making and the play calling during the fouth quarter. You make your assumptions and your big questions all that you like. But you are wrong.

I have told you what happened to blow a 28 point lead, but I get chewed out because I suggest that we have to do what we are coached to do in coverage, special teams and tackling. At some point it requires that that somebody in maroon has to beat somebody wearing purple at the point of attack. Somebody has to make a block, somebody has to break a tackle, somebody has to find an open receiver and make a play even though they are hanging on your arm and are in your face, somebody has to get open OR make a block on the edge. Otherwise, the play calls are worthless...

Not any one single person or player...nobody wasn't playing hard or trying....it's a team.

How do you beat a stacked line??? Run right at it? Didn't work. Run around it? Tried that. Throw over it? No time. Short dumps? Didn't work. Pick routes, shallow crosses, rub routes? Nope, couldn't get the pass off...those were scrambles. Vary the snap count? Go on first sound? Didn't help. Misdirection? Fail. Oh, cut the line splits, max protect an get your speed down field with your best player underneath....they can't cover both!!! Yeah, they did.

Maybe coach Waco has another idea? No....Waco doesn't have to have any answers, in fact, let's just attack the guy that's providing the proof that the mighty air bag, I mean Waco, is full of it!

Let me help you out. I would waste any time dreaming up excuses for the McMinn game. Clark already said after that game that he didn't do a very good job of coaching. So theres nothing to pull out of your hat on that one. You have a good night. Im goin' fishin'. :mrgreen:

Yeah, because we now have experience with how well it goes over when you suggest that the players ACTUALLY made enough plays to win but there were some bad calls clearly evidenced on film...multiple bad calls, two years in a row. Or that we needed to make some more plays during crunch time and do what you have been coached to do since July when the cards are on the table.......if he would have said,"well, our only real weapon hurt his shoulder and nobody else on our team could make a play without him" it would not have gone over then either. But go ahead and call for the head of 21-2, let me know if you have any " ideals."

Yeah, because we now have experience with how well it goes over when you suggest that the players ACTUALLY made enough plays to win but there were some bad calls clearly evidenced on film...multiple bad calls, two years in a row. Or that we needed to make some more plays during crunch time and do what you have been coached to do since July when the cards are on the table.......if he would have said,"well, our only real weapon hurt his shoulder and nobody else on our team could make a play without him" it would not have gone over then either. But go ahead and call for the head of 21-2, let me know if you have any " ideals."

So what's going on up there in DB land? Any news about Clark being fired or no? Hope things get better!

So what's going on up there in DB land? Any news about Clark being fired or no? Hope things get better!

I can't see coach Clark being fired.His teams win most of their games and conference titles every year.Even with the bad luck in the last few years,DB has made 3 of their 4 state semi's under coach Clark.I think he leaves when he wants to and only then.When spring practice gets close,I'll start asking the same questions that will make a difference next year{who is on the line} and how deep is the team.I just hope the team works hard and gets ready for next season.I look forward to it and can't wait until spring practice.Roll Tribe