Dobyns-Bennett Football

ArtVandalay

The worst thing hampering J.Fred right now is the baseball field. I say move it somewhere else. It's rediculous where it is right now.I thought the perfect place for it was on the football practice field and put a net up on eastman road to keep from hitting into traffic. As far as the track, who knows. The new stadium stands need to have stadium chairs but i could care less about luxury boxes. Railing is a good idea as well. I like the football team entering under the scoreboard so i don't like putting a stage at thaty location. Anyway, the ball is rolling so something is going to happen. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!!

What kind of idiotic Consulting Firm came up with Razing J. Fred Johnson Stadium? They don't know Kingsport, for one thing. You don't tear down your past, nor a historic City landmark....no matter what. That is what Johnson City does, not Kingsport. Upgrade the existing Stadium all you want, but tearing down the Original Stadium is not going to happen.... Not no way, not no how.

I am all for putting in modern Restrooms and Concession Stands on the Home Side... I always walk to the visitors Cocession Stand.

Most of those "recomendations" will never come to fruition.

Roll Tribe Roll

I think this is just a little game their playing. Throwing out the 7.5 million figure so when they end up with a 5 million dollar project we'll all think we're getting a real deal. In the end they will screw the whole thing up. These are the same people that brought us new turf and couldn't figure out how to put bleachers on the visitors side. The same people that brought us a half million dollar parking lot with less parking and you have to have a map to get out of. Yeah, this is going to be fun to watch. :roflolk:

Like a MAFIA boss once told me a long time ago, if you want to know why somebody is doing something you think is strange. FOLLOW THE MONEY!

I 'think' you will find it interesting in the long run.

First ask 'who' is actually benefitting from building? Who is the consultant and WHO do they have connections to? Who will be doing the building and WHO do they have connections to?

This not only applies to now, but should also be tied to the last 'improvement'.

Answer those questions, and you may have the source of the REAL problem. Know up front though by asking them you also open yourself to them wanting to get even with YOU.

Good Luck.

Like a MAFIA boss once told me a long time ago, if you want to know why somebody is doing something you think is strange. FOLLOW THE MONEY!

I 'think' you will find it interesting in the long run.

First ask 'who' is actually benefitting from building? Who is the consultant and WHO do they have connections to? Who will be doing the building and WHO do they have connections to?

This not only applies to now, but should also be tied to the last 'improvement'.

Answer those questions, and you may have the source of the REAL problem. Know up front though by asking them you also open yourself to them wanting to get even with YOU.

Good Luck.

I had a buddy that was invited by a boss to a private party.When he got there,{the help didn't know he was invited}Two or three jumped up and pulled their guns before he could say anything.He then said,guys I'm half Italian !!.One huge guy told him if he wanted to grow up and be a big Italian,he better get the F out of there.The boss then stood up and said,I invited him!!.Sometimes it's better not to ask or even show up when some money is involved !!

I had a buddy that was invited by a boss to a private party.When he got there,{the help didn't know he was invited}Two or three jumped up and pulled their guns before he could say anything.He then said,guys I'm half Italian !!.One huge guy told him if he wanted to grow up and be a big Italian,he better get the F out of there.The boss then stood up and said,I invited him!!.Sometimes it's better not to ask or even show up when some money is involved !!

You've been watching to many movies.

You all should be glad your local politicians are willing to put more money into your already awesome facilities .... here at Maryville we apparently can't even get our guys to buy a bag of grass seed . :roflol:

Yeah well, its our money but we have no say so in how its spent. But Im sure you know how that goes.

I think this is just a little game their playing. Throwing out the 7.5 million figure so when they end up with a 5 million dollar project we'll all think we're getting a real deal. In the end they will screw the whole thing up. These are the same people that brought us new turf and couldn't figure out how to put bleachers on the visitors side. The same people that brought us a half million dollar parking lot with less parking and you have to have a map to get out of. Yeah, this is going to be fun to watch. :roflolk:

WaCo, I admit in the past I have thought you were bipolar and at times hoped we'd cross paths so I could 'choke' you, but you are 100% correct on the above post. Kingsport taxpayers are gonna get a "deal".

You've been watching to many movies.

NO, he hasn't. I can honestly say it probably went down like that. I know as my FIRST wife was a MAFIA 'Princess'. I was VERY thankful to get out of that one alive.

You want to see old time Mafia, go down to New Orleans. The 'family' there has never been busted up like in New York and Chicago. It is so bad that a federal task force about 20 years ago found out the biggest paid 'Hit Squad' was made up of the Homicide section of the New Orleans POLICE DEPARTMENT!

I do not know what the bad blood is between you two, but it is NOT helping DB. I am NOT expecting y'all to kiss and make up, but you BOTH need to treat each other with the respect you would with someone you are doing buisness with.

End of rant.