What happened in Tellico?

mneerpapaw22

Hard to have names when no teaching positions are open. (http://www.monroe.k12.tn.us/jobs/)

I had heard the entire staff resigned, not sure about that though. I haven't been in since August.

Many people (especially outsiders) look at Tellico as one of two things:

1. Stepping stone - If I can turn it around, I can go to a bigger/better school.

2. Career killer - If I take this job, it will probably be my last/only chance to be a HC.

There are a few people I wish were interested but probably not going to happen.

Hard to have names when no teaching positions are open. (http://www.monroe.k12.tn.us/jobs/)

I had heard the entire staff resigned, not sure about that though. I haven't been in since August.

Many people (especially outsiders) look at Tellico as one of two things:

1. Stepping stone - If I can turn it around, I can go to a bigger/better school.

2. Career killer - If I take this job, it will probably be my last/only chance to be a HC.

There are a few people I wish were interested but probably not going to happen.

I know of a coach that's interested, wants to move his family back closer to that area. His wife's family is from that area. He told me too that he could probably bring a former head coach with him as a coordinator . But that's a maybe .

I'm hearing Derek Dooley may take the job.

funny! As long as Chaney doesn't come too! Well the guy is a pretty good guy and this would be his first HC job but if he were to leave its be because he wasn't getting the job done and they made him leave. He likes the smaller schools and loves that area.But who knows!? Most of the time there is a list of people to call when this happens and I'm sure calls have been made.

The last 2 season has been bad. I hope the new coach can get things turned around

This could be a job that attracts more coaches than you think. Tellico is a great community and beautiful place to live , that could attract people. Some coaches might look at this job as a challenge that could really help there coaching career if they turn the program around. my hats off to the coach that steps up and takes a chance on this job

This could be a job that attracts more coaches than you think. Tellico is a great community and beautiful place to live , that could attract people. Some coaches might look at this job as a challenge that could really help there coaching career if they turn the program around. my hats off to the coach that steps up and takes a chance on this job

I hope they hire someone young but not too young...someone who wants the job and everything that comes with it. I'm sure someone will fit. Someone who's been at smaller schools before.

I hope they hire someone young but not too young...someone who wants the job and everything that comes with it. I'm sure someone will fit. Someone who's been at smaller schools before.

Yea someone young with alot of energy needs to take over this program. Now people need to realize whoever does take over this job , your gonna have to be patient with them and realize it takes a few years to turn a program around , it just doesnt happen overnight

Yea someone young with alot of energy needs to take over this program. Now people need to realize whoever does take over this job , your gonna have to be patient with them and realize it takes a few years to turn a program around , it just doesnt happen overnight

there is a coach from Grace who's family is from Blount and Monroe county and he is my coworkers son in law and he may be trying to move his family back closer to that area. I know how people feel about the private schools(especially Grace..but I tell you they are good people) but if he applys I hope no one would hold that against him. But like I said before I'm sure there's a list somewhere and people have already made calls.