What happened in Tellico?

mneerpapaw22

Which assistant from Grace is looking at it? That would be a good addition for a school like Tellico. Look at what the former OC from Grace has done with Greenback. Is that the coach who would bring a former head coach as coordinator with him?

Not sure of his name. I get my information from my co worker. He is his son in law I do know that. I WILL find out though. Not talked a whole lot about it at work. From what I hear about him is he is young, lower to middle 30s I think and he's passionate about football and his coaching. He wants to stay in 1 and 2 a football. Maybe he can do better for you guys. I don't think he would be one of those resume building coaches. His family lives up there and I think he would stay.

No offense but no one is going to build their resume coaching football at TPHS

You might end your career at a school like TP but not pad your resume or build it. A young coach would be better off going to a good program and working as an assistant coach or coordinator than going to a poor football program and becoming a HC

Edited by bigredbird

No offense but no one is going to build their resume coaching football at TPHS

You might end your career at a school like TP but not pad your resume or build it. A young coach would be better off going to a good program and working as an assistant coach or coordinator than going to a poor football program and becoming a HC

Don't get be wrong, his father in law says all the time he loves coaching at Grace but his wife has some business opportunities that would require them to move. If he were to get it they could do it. If not he is happy at Grace. They went undefeated this year but couldn't go to playoffs. (We all know why if you want to talk about that go to a different thread)...but as I said before...i don't have a dog in the fight, and I just hope a good one gets hired. My godson plays at heritage so that's where I'll be. But I just like to keep up with area schools. Haven't had that chance in a long time

Don't get be wrong, his father in law says all the time he loves coaching at Grace but his wife has some business opportunities that would require them to move. If he were to get it they could do it. If not he is happy at Grace. They went undefeated this year but couldn't go to playoffs. (We all know why if you want to talk about that go to a different thread)...but as I said before...i don't have a dog in the fight, and I just hope a good one gets hired. My godson plays at heritage so that's where I'll be. But I just like to keep up with area schools. Haven't had that chance in a long time

[/

Edited by mneerpapaw22

I watched Tellico Play twice this year and twice last year. They improved ALOT on defense from one year to the next. I think the offensive coordinator for Tellico was a JOKE! It looked like somebody was trying to play Tecmo Bowl from the old NES with that offense. I still have not figured out how a team can drive down the field running the ball and then start throwing the ball once they hit the 20! Both games I watched that happened. that is one area that one person can hurt the team. It seemed like our team knew what they were running before they called it. I hate to see that staff go. All I have heard is how most of the coaches were a class act. If one of Grace's young coaches can make the move, i say send him! put him with taht young guy at Sweetwater, make Monroe County a place to see hard nosed football!

• Upvote 1

I watched Tellico Play twice this year and twice last year. They improved ALOT on defense from one year to the next. I think the offensive coordinator for Tellico was a JOKE! It looked like somebody was trying to play Tecmo Bowl from the old NES with that offense. I still have not figured out how a team can drive down the field running the ball and then start throwing the ball once they hit the 20! Both games I watched that happened. that is one area that one person can hurt the team. It seemed like our team knew what they were running before they called it. I hate to see that staff go. All I have heard is how most of the coaches were a class act. If one of Grace's young coaches can make the move, i say send him! put him with taht young guy at Sweetwater, make Monroe County a place to see hard nosed football!

Well I can tell you he wants it...talked some about it today and word is they have about 5 candidates in mind. Trying to find out some names....anyone got any information ?

I wouldn't expect anything until after the holidays. They go on Thanksgiving break this afternoon and then Christmas Break is in 2-3 weeks, probably with a hectic schedule.

Interviews could happen over the next couple of weeks, or right before the spring semester begins. I have interviewed places before the semester began.

Patience, a coach will be in place.

Edited by cathey

I wouldn't expect anything until after the holidays. They go on Thanksgiving break this afternoon and then Christmas Break is in 2-3 weeks, probably with a hectic schedule.

Interviews could happen over the next couple of weeks, or right before the spring semester begins. I have interviewed places before the semester began.

Patience, a coach will be in place.

Yeah that is usually the case, I was curious if there were names out there yet, I know of one but was wondering other names.