11AA 20011-12 Thread

ksgovols

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boys and girls will be seeded after Reg. Season is done. 2/ 13 2 vs. 7; 2/14 3 vs. 6; 2/15 4 vs. 5; 2/17 semis; 2/18 cons/championship! Tourney should be a blast, having seen all teams play it seems like everyone is chasing the mighty Cubs. On any night any of the 7 teams can win! Coaches voted to do away with play-in games @ higher seeds and use 1 location. Should be Fun! Hoops tourney means we r closer to baseball! Sorry folks had to throw that in! PEACE!

Word. If we could get girls and boys to separate their tournaments like softball and baseball have managed to do, we could get on with the getting on even sooner. I hate......................the week of the girls basketball state tournament. Just ticks me off that we're waitin' that much longer.

Edited by ksgovols

Word. If we could get girls and boys to separate their tournaments like softball and baseball have managed to do, we could get on with the getting on even sooner. I hate......................the week of the girls basketball state tournament. Just ticks me off that we're waitin' that much longer.

Camden beat Bruceton in non district game 76-57

Last night Camden defeated Hollow Rock-Bruceton (76-57) to avenge what was their first lost of the season(56-60) 18 days earlier.

Here is a look at the currect District 11-AA Standings:

1.) Cheatham County: 18-5 (7-0)

2.) Camden: 15-3 (5-2)

3.) Waverly: 11-8 (4-2)

4.) Harpeth: 11-8 (4-3)

5.) Creek Wood: 7-10 (3-4)

6.) Montgomery Central: 5-14 (1-6)

7.) Stewart County: 5-16 (0-7)

Tonight's Action

Stewart County at Cheatham County

Camden at Creek Wood

Harpeth at Waverly

Montgomery Central (BYE): plays Houston County on Thursday in a non-district contest

In last night's action:

Cheatham County pounded Stewart County by 28.

Creek Wood defeated Camden by 11.

Waverly outlasted Harpeth by 2.

Here are the NEW District 11-AA Standings

1.) Cheatham County: 19-5 (8-0)

2.) Waverly: 12-8 (5-2)

3.) Camden: 15-4 (5-3)

4.) Harpeth: 11-9 (4-4)

4.) Creek Wood: 8-10 (4-4)

6.) Montgomery Central: 5-14 (1-6)

7.) Stewart County: 5-17 (0-8)

The Cheatham County Cubs have walked off of the court "winners" in each of their last 9 contests and overall they've won 15 out of their last 17 games played. The Cubs play a 10 (sometimes even 12) man rotation that consists of 1 senior, 5 (sometimes 6) juniors, and 4 (sometimes 5) sophomores. This is a basketball program that has a chance to be good for a while to come.

What is the schedule for this week? I know we have Mont. Central and Cheatham. What does everybody else have? Looking forward to a great basketball atmosphere Friday night. Should be a good game if we show up to play. After watching the Camden game on Friday we looked really good. I didn't go to the Sycamore, not sure what the deal was there. We can't seem to put two games together.

Thursday Night

Stewart County lost to Houston County 50-55

Friday Night

Harpeth defeated Camden 70-52

Waverly beat Montgomery Central 46-40

Creek Wood knocked off Stewart County 70-57

Saturday Night

Harpeth lost to Sycamore 46-57

HERE ARE THE NEW DISTRICT 11-AA STANDINGS

1.) Cheatham County: 19-5 (8-0)

2.) Waverly: 13-8 (6-2)

3.) Harpeth: 12-10 (5-4)

3.) Camden: 15-5 (5-4)

3.) Creek Wood: 9-10 (5-4)

6.) Montgomery Central: 5-15 (1-7)

7.) Stewart County: 5-19 (0-9)

As you can see there is a huge difference between playing in the 2 vs 7 & 3 vs 6 games as oppose to playing in that 4 vs 5 matchup to open the district tourney. Harpeth, Camden, and Creek Wood have all played one another twice and all of those meetings were "splits". It's likely going to come down to how they all perform vs Cheatham County (all 3 teams are 0-1 against the Cubs) & Waverly (Harpeth is 1-1 against the Tigers, Camden and Creek Wood are 0-1 against the Tigers).

Montgomery Central was competitive against Waverly, Harpeth, and Creek Wood but they were blown away by Camden.

Stewart County was competitive against Camden and Creek Wood but they were blown away by Waverly and Harpeth.

Well the stage is set for the big showdown, Cheatham brings their perfect district record to Harpeth on Friday night. This should be a great contest in front of a great crowd. Harpeth has to put together back to back games where we show up ready to play. We have been so good at times this season, and so bad at others. Just depends on which team shows up, how competitive we will be. Looks like Cheatham has been the class of the district with no letdown games in district play. Should make for an interesting game....

The Cheatham County Cubs, 20-5 on the season, will bring their A-GAME to the other side of the river on Friday night. There are no excuses now as the Cubs could wrap up the #1 spot in the district and an automatic trip to the region tourney with a win in this one.

The Cubs are currently riding a 10 game winning streak and have won 16 of their last 18 games overall since starting the season off at 4-3.

I just hope that the Harpeth iHigh broadcast is hooked up and ready to roll because THE SHOW IS COMING TO TOWN!!!!!