11AA 20011-12 Thread

ksgovols

The bottom line is I-high is important to promoting high school sports. Mistakes are made, sure, and the best thing to do to correct them is to address them. That was the reason I 'called out' Cheatham. In my opinion all schools should fall over themselves to attract and accommodate whatever positive media attention they can get. It is about the kids which is exactly why I feel this way. The whole tree falling in a forest and who hears it sort of thing. If you're not actually attending the game, how would anyone know who won if it's that important? Newspaper, radio, live feeds streaming to computers, tv cameras are only going to promote what the young people on the court are doing and the adults should be doing everything in their power to make sure that happens. If a couple of days of bickering on coacht gets that done, it was worth the effort. If we operate in a vacuum and don't communicate effectively what have we accomplished 'for the kids'? To me I-high is the best thing that's come around in high school sports since coacht. And that's because it promotes high school sports and the kids that play them. The ones that win and the ones that lose if that's the thing that floats your boat.

Edited by ksgovols

• Replies 434
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we operate in a vacuum and don't communicate effectively what have we accomplished 'for the kids'? To me I-high is the best thing that's come around in high school sports since coacht. And that's because it promotes high school sports and the kids that play them. The ones that win and the ones that lose if that's the thing that floats your boat.

FINALLY! Something that we can actually agree on!

I'm on to tonight's great schedule and will attempt not to respond to any further false accusations or attempted insults that can be made by bbgocats (or anyone else for that matter) :thumb:

Creek Wood at Cheatham County

Camden at Waverly

Montgomery Central at Harpeth

FRA at Stewart County

"Radio Boy"..........that hurt really :roflol:

Now look here CAMERA BOY (now don't I feel better about myself now that I have joined you in this elementary school level name calling battle).....

I doubt you would want to meet me in person. I know who ksgovols (Keith S.) is and I'll continue to post his name since he was the first one that threw my name out there on this topic. In my opinion you are simply just a gutless coward who hides behind a screen name on CoachT and makes false statements. If I did meet you face-to-face it would be a waste of my time (and a "not so-good" memory for you.

If you put your little camera (or anything else) anywhere near my face you'd better make sure that Collins and/or Mitchell are standing alongside you because your feelings would most definitely wind up being hurt by the time that situation was said and done.

Once again, you should practice reading the posts before you make a "reply".

As far as coachcutt let's just say I don't need you to introduce me to him. I know who he is. He's burned his bridges and knows it!

NOW PERHAPS YOU SHOULD WORRY ABOUT BEING ABLE TO PLAY WITH MONTGOMERY CENTRAL TONIGHT AND STOP WORRYING ABOUT ISSUES THAT HAVE NO BEARING ON THE ACTUAL ATHLETIC EVENTS THEMSELVES!

Yes.....that would be step #2 after you've completed stp #1 (which is actually reading a post) ;)

I'll be sure to introduce myself the next time I see you! I've never hidden behind a screen name, run a check and you'll find that I've offered who I am to the masses multiple times in my post. Elementary school name calling... Where you not the one who launched the whole name calling issue... I think so.

Edited by bbgocats

Where you not the one who launched the whole name calling issue... I think so.

First off it's "were you not the one" not "where". Those two words carry completely different meanings.

Secondly see Post #79 on this topic! That is when the name-calling began when you called Cheatham "un-gracious".

Finally the "real life name shouting" began in Post #80 on this topic. That is when ksgovols (better known as Keith) first introduced my name for everyone to read on here.

THE FACTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES RIGHT THERE!!!!! Prove me wrong I dare you!

I am already looking forward to February 3rd.....SEE YOU THEN :thumb:

Meh, everybody in the district already knew who you and I are howdoitknow. They've known for years. All the Harpeth coaches, Creek Wood and Sycamore and Waverly, even Station Camps guys and I figured Cheatham know who I am if that's important. I wasn't trying to 'out' you. Everybody that I know in the district that wants to know, know who we are. Heck, ksgovols has been my email address since 1996 and my screenname on coacht since the first day I joined. I've had 3 kids in the Cheatham County school system, was on the Little League board for 8 years or so and been very involved in Harpeth athletics for the last 5 or 6 years. Dr. Webb and every teacher any of my kids ever had know who I am. I thought all of that was established. Keith Seagraves, Pisces. I wasn't trying to embarrass you or be a jerk by calling you by your first name. Not my style. Sorry if it seemed that way.

The O.P. was to correct an issue with getting I-high feeds for district games and to reiterate the importance of such an outlet for some of us. If it doesn't matter to those that attend every game like parents of players and school administrators, it does matter to others and I wanted that established in our district thread. It also matters to the folks that are volunteering their time and their resources in making the I-high broadcasts for their respective high school. Perspective is the reality until the air is cleared. Don't you think that has been accomplished? This district has never been known for doing things the easy way. I knew when I posted the O.P. the thread would go about the way it has. I hope the ends will justify the means.

Edited by ksgovols

Meh, everybody in the district already knew who you and I are howdoitknow. They've known for years. All the Harpeth coaches, Creek Wood and Sycamore and Waverly, even Station Camps guys and I figured Cheatham know who I am if that's important. I wasn't trying to 'out' you. Everybody that I know in the district that wants to know, know who we are. Heck, ksgovols has been my email address since 1996 and my screenname on coacht since the first day I joined. I've had 3 kids in the Cheatham County school system, was on the Little League board for 8 years or so and been very involved in Harpeth athletics for the last 5 or 6 years. Dr. Webb and every teacher any of my kids ever had know who I am. I thought all of that was established. Keith Seagraves, Pisces. I wasn't trying to embarrass you or be a jerk by calling you by your first name. Not my style. Sorry if it seemed that way.

The O.P. was to correct an issue with getting I-high feeds for district games and to reiterate the importance of such an outlet for some of us. If it doesn't matter to those that attend every game like parents of players and school administrators, it does matter to others and I wanted that established in our district thread. Perspective is the reality until the air is cleared. Don't you think that has been accomplished? This district has never been known for doing things the easy way. I knew when I posted the O.P. the thread would go about the way it has. I hope the ends will justify the means.

Amen...

It is amazing to me that anyone would jump on a soapbox and act as if something wrong didn't happen. There are so many different ways this entire issue could have been avoided. To act as if this came down to a "permission" issue is laughable. To try to 180 the blame and point fingers at the students for not following some unwritten protocol is also just as laughable. The entire issue really pissed me off because no one would step up and say we made a mistake. Instead, excuses where given and the blame was placed with Harpeth. We were the cause! I'm not buying it!

Again, I was there. I saw it with my own eyes. It could have been handled differently.

To address BARONSWORD... The fact that HowDo has offered to let Creek Wood setup where they want to only as more fuel to the fire. To make that sort of statement would suggest to me that it is being done out of spite?.... yet, you tell me that it wasn't done on purpose. I'm supposed to believe that the first time was not done maliciously? Maybe not, be HowDo sure does not help the case. In regards to asking for permission to setup... You can't blame a kid for not knowing where they should set up when 99% of the locations they film from are located on the visitors side of the gym. Yes we all make mistakes... but instead of blaming someone else for the issue... take responsibility and apologize instead of attempting to place blame somewhere else. A darn sign could solve all of this... "CHEATHAM FILM CREW ONLY" ... communication is key and it's not the job of students who are volunteering their time to do something to support their school to deal with the politics of the unwritten rules in a freakin' gym! If it's your rule there... then POST THEM so we all know!

I'm done!

No Offense Taken!

My issue wasn't about that. I only brought that up because bbgocats called me out for having done so in an earlier post that he made and I was simply just proving my point that I wasn't the first to do so. Perhaps I should stop finding these facts to prove what is fact because it should be a given that whatever bbgocats says at this point is simply false information.

Amen...

It is amazing to me that anyone would jump on a soapbox and act as if something wrong didn't happen. There are so many different ways this entire issue could have been avoided. To act as if this came down to a "permission" issue is laughable. To try to 180 the blame and point fingers at the students for not following some unwritten protocol is also just as laughable. The entire issue really pissed me off because no one would step up and say we made a mistake. Instead, excuses where given and the blame was placed with Harpeth. We were the cause! I'm not buying it!

Again, I was there. I saw it with my own eyes. It could have been handled differently.

To address BARONSWORD... The fact that HowDo has offered to let Creek Wood setup where they want to only as more fuel to the fire. To make that sort of statement would suggest to me that it is being done out of spite?.... yet, you tell me that it wasn't done on purpose. I'm supposed to believe that the first time was not done maliciously? Maybe not, be HowDo sure does not help the case. In regards to asking for permission to setup... You can't blame a kid for not knowing where they should set up when 99% of the locations they film from are located on the visitors side of the gym. Yes we all make mistakes... but instead of blaming someone else for the issue... take responsibility and apologize instead of attempting to place blame somewhere else. A darn sign could solve all of this... "CHEATHAM FILM CREW ONLY" ... communication is key and it's not the job of students who are volunteering their time to do something to support their school to deal with the politics of the unwritten rules in a freakin' gym! If it's your rule there... then POST THEM so we all know!

I'm done!

I hope that they set up to film wherever they choose to do so and I further hope that the camera angles are better than the ones that CBS provides during the Final Four. I only hope this just so that it will crawl under your skin..... :rolleyes:

Tonight's District 11-AA Results

Cheatham County beats Creek Wood (63-34)

Harpeth beats Montgomery Central (52-41)

Waverly beats Camden (59-44)

Stewart County loses to FRA (24-62)

The NEW District 11-AA Standings

1.) Cheatham County: 15-5 (4-0)

2.) Waverly: 10-6 (3-1)

3.) Camden: 11-2 (3-1)

4.) Harpeth: 9-7 (3-2): will play Dickson County on Saturday

5.) Creek Wood: 6-8 (2-3)

6.) Stewart County: 5-13 (0-4)

7.) Montgomery Central: 3-12 (0-4): will play East Hickman on Thursday

Friday's Schedule

Harpeth plays East Literature in non-district action

Cheatham County plays Camden

Waverly plays Creek Wood

Montgomery Central plays Stewart County

Addition Information Regarding iHigh

I'd like to point out that Cheatham County was very accepting of Creek Wood's wanting to set up an iHigh webcast of the games this evening. The Red Hawks broadcast team set up on the balcony opposite of where the Cubs radio broadcast was located. Cubs boys assistant basketball coach (Coach Stuart) was very helpful in the process of making sure that the Creek Wood broadcast was a success!

I hope that they set up to film wherever they choose to do so and I further hope that the camera angles are better than the ones that CBS provides during the Final Four. I only hope this just so that it will crawl under your skin..... :rolleyes:

Doesn't bug me at all... Just makes you look like an even bigger "donkey"! :D

Tonight's District 11-AA Results

Cheatham County beats Creek Wood (63-34)

Harpeth beats Montgomery Central (52-41)

Waverly beats Camden (59-44)

Stewart County loses to FRA (24-62)

The NEW District 11-AA Standings

1.) Cheatham County: 15-5 (4-0)

2.) Waverly: 10-6 (3-1)

3.) Camden: 11-2 (3-1)

4.) Harpeth: 9-7 (3-2): will play Dickson County on Saturday

5.) Creek Wood: 6-8 (2-3)

6.) Stewart County: 5-13 (0-4)

7.) Montgomery Central: 3-12 (0-4): will play East Hickman on Thursday

Friday's Schedule

Harpeth plays East Literature in non-district action

Cheatham County plays Camden

Waverly plays Creek Wood

Montgomery Central plays Stewart County

Addition Information Regarding iHigh

I'd like to point out that Cheatham County was very accepting of Creek Wood's wanting to set up an iHigh webcast of the games this evening. The Red Hawks broadcast team set up on the balcony opposite of where the Cubs radio broadcast was located. Cubs boys assistant basketball coach (Coach Stuart) was very helpful in the process of making sure that the Creek Wood broadcast was a success!

I do not know what has happened at Cheatham with filming in the past but I do Know that tonight Cheatham was very helpful. A situation arose where we need some IT assistance and one of the coaches from Cheatham went above and beyond. It has been confusing on where to film from in the past but not tonight so maybe there will be no more trouble this year. Again thanks for your kind help tonight.

I do not know what has happened at Cheatham with filming in the past but I do Know that tonight Cheatham was very helpful. A situation arose where we need some IT assistance and one of the coaches from Cheatham went above and beyond. It has been confusing on where to film from in the past but not tonight so maybe there will be no more trouble this year. Again thanks for your kind help tonight.

Great to hear! Sounds like the agenda worked. I'm pretty sure that was the purpose the entire time and had nothing to do with who won or lost the game.