District 3AAA

corbus

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I congratulate West and Maryville, but I am proud of both Karns and Powell for their performances. Both teams found themselves down double digits, both teams fought their way back, just dug too big a hole. As a Powell fan, I give a special shout out to this team, picked by most to be at the bottom of the pack in 3AAA, to make it to regional semis is truly a special accomplishment, and I know as a parent and a fan I am proud of all the special moments this year and especially all the players. Good luck to West and Maryville in substate, represent the area well!!

I congratulate West and Maryville, but I am proud of both Karns and Powell for their performances. Both teams found themselves down double digits, both teams fought their way back, just dug too big a hole. As a Powell fan, I give a special shout out to this team, picked by most to be at the bottom of the pack in 3AAA, to make it to regional semis is truly a special accomplishment, and I know as a parent and a fan I am proud of all the special moments this year and especially all the players. Good luck to West and Maryville in substate, represent the area well!!

guess we found out who the better district is lol. Congrats to all teams involved.

Edited by SweetScience

Well its over for 3AAA and I guess thats ok. Powell was the big winner in the district this year. They over achieved all season. Biggest under achiever this year had to be AC. They had as much talent as teams 3-9 and just didnt gell this year. Im Glad to see all the crowds coming back to 3AAA. I see OR and Karns being the top teams again next year( providing Sibley stays at Karns ), with everyone fighting for 3-8, with Clinton having a firm grasp on the 9 spot. Enjoyed meeting all u guys and I hope we see each other next season for some more heated debates. Go Mavs and Go Cougars!!!! See ya.

To me Hardin Valley was the biggest disappointment in the district. They looked better than anyone in warmups, had a lot of returning players, and had more overall size than anyone. Gunn, Sherrius, and the Carters were flat out too good to finish 7th. No doubt that AC and Central also underachieved, but replacing Dre was impossible for the Bobcats. AC only returned Torres and Cannon, and Cannon was suspended until midseason.

Very impressed with Powell this year. Everyone expected Oak Ridge and Karns to go deep, but Powell? Still surprised that Halls got upset in both guys and girls, but its a tournament game.

Who's returning the most next year?

Oak Ridge returns a lot. Fagan, Merrion, and the big kid inside. Rian Hall and Jalen Henderson at guard as well as some depth from this year.

Karns returns Sibley and Maples. Sibley is probably the best returning player in the league. Stetson is really good but Sibley is still improving and growing.

Halls has Stetson and some depth. They had some guys that played a lot if minutes off the bench that return.

Powell loses Parsons and Macourek, their two best scorers, but returns everyone else. Payne, Rase, Waters, Fields will be a solid nucleus.

CC loses Chapman and Litton, their size. They will have a lot of guards led by Poteet, Simpson, Torres, and Gillenwater.

AC loses a lot. Hayes and Hicks return as well as some depth.

Central loses a lot too. They have the big kid back inside, but lost a lot of guards.

Clinton returns the majority of their team. Theyshould be a lot better.

Hardin Valley loses some quality players. Zack Carter will be one of the better players in the district and Jalen Carter will a force inside.

Edited by chill

To me Hardin Valley was the biggest disappointment in the district. They looked better than anyone in warmups, had a lot of returning players, and had more overall size than anyone. Gunn, Sherrius, and the Carters were flat out too good to finish 7th. No doubt that AC and Central also underachieved, but replacing Dre was impossible for the Bobcats. AC only returned Torres and Cannon, and Cannon was suspended until midseason.

Very impressed with Powell this year. Everyone expected Oak Ridge and Karns to go deep, but Powell? Still surprised that Halls got upset in both guys and girls, but its a tournament game.

Who's returning the most next year?

Yea GURU, u might be right on that HV assesment. I kinda forgot how they underachieved. I dont think they use the carter kid the right way either. He seemed to be a 4th or 5th option everytime I saw them play.

Chill, Thanks for the update on each team. I saw all of them play this year, but saw AC and CC play the most so I can comment the best on them. AC has Hayes and Hicks and thats it. Nobody to get them the ball. Cant win with no guards. CC will be hard pressed to replace litton, but I think they have enough hiegth in the program to replace Chapman, and their 3 freshman guards played alot this year and should be alot better next year. Poteet will have a good year now that he wont be looking for Litton every trip. Plus Simpson is back I think.

I think OR is the team to beat and will be the only team to have any freshman get valuable varsity minutes next year. Ur right tho, I may re- think this and say Halls, Powell, or CC could challenge Karns for second place. HV could if they can get it together.

Yea GURU, u might be right on that HV assesment. I kinda forgot how they underachieved. I dont think they use the carter kid the right way either. He seemed to be a 4th or 5th option everytime I saw them play.

Chill, Thanks for the update on each team. I saw all of them play this year, but saw AC and CC play the most so I can comment the best on them. AC has Hayes and Hicks and thats it. Nobody to get them the ball. Cant win with no guards. CC will be hard pressed to replace litton, but I think they have enough hiegth in the program to replace Chapman, and their 3 freshman guards played alot this year and should be alot better next year. Poteet will have a good year now that he wont be looking for Litton every trip. Plus Simpson is back I think.

I think OR is the team to beat and will be the only team to have any freshman get valuable varsity minutes next year. Ur right tho, I may re- think this and say Halls, Powell, or CC could challenge Karns for second place. HV could if they can get it together.

Who will play as freshmen for Oak Ridge CC?

Who will play as freshmen for Oak Ridge CC?

Didnt mean to insinuate that OR would have any freshman start or be 6th man at all. Its just since I have seen alot of the middle schools play this year with my son, OR is the only one to have have any frshman coming in that can compete at the varsity level. I really dont know their names but OR is getting two really good looking kids from Robertvile. As good any any theve produced in the last few years. I honestly didnt realize OR had that much talent coming back next year. I definately think their the team to beat now! That should be illegal to have that much talent left from a team that won 25 games. I just meant they had a couple that could get some varsity minutes, but after seeing Chills post, im not so sure.