District 9-AAA

adbsnap

Lebanon beats Mt Juliet tonight 59-56! Great win for Lebanon considering Mt Juliet didn't lose anyone from last years team! The game wouldn't have been as close if Lebanon would have made their free throws at the end of the game. Mt. Juliet shot the ball pretty average, and Lebanon came up with big baskets when they needed them. It doesn't seem Mt. Juliet has gotten any better from the end of last year, which is surprising. Station Camp only wins by 11? I figured Beech would end up 7th or 6th this year. Anyone watch the game?

MJ is the best team in the state for making substitutions.... Allen is a joke...  never won a district.... runs an offense similiar to a girls team... skip pass, skip pass shoot...  no screening, no moving without the ball, no post up work...

unfair to the players to have a sub-par coach.

Did you go to the game Friday night? You have to give credit to Lebanon.. They ran a 1-3-1 packed in like they have for the past year or so, and forced MJ to be patient. MJ likes to shoot.. a lot.. and to set up your shooters in a zone you have to utilize skip passes and screening the wings. MJ screened to get their shooters free, and they weren't able to knock them down as consistent as they would have liked. Also, Lebanon went man to man a little late, and every time Austin Brown got the ball posted up and scored. In the end, Lebanon did what they had to do to win, and pulled it out.

I do agree that MJy subbed too much. They aren't good enough to go 5 in 5 out, and Allen tries to control the offense to the max. In reality, this is just early December basketball.. I guarantee Allen won't be subbing that much come late February.

where's that coach from GP ?   indian chief  ?  somthing like that? BigChief.... where you at brother....

I am right here. Always. The GP comment lets me know you have no idea who I am however.

I have seen MJ play twice so far. Not real deep. Marginally athletic. Tend to force shots. Play hard though. Pretty typical MJ boys team. Your dislike of TA blinds you to the fact that he is a good coach. Last year's finish with the talent there proved that.

The comment about a district championship is laughable. If that is the measuring stick then MJ has NEVER had a "good" boys coach in the 90 or so years it has existed. :rolleyes:

I will say that after also seeing the girls play twice this will be one of those rare years in Bear Country where the girls game plays second fiddle to the boys. :blush:  Chris, John and Anna have their work cut out for them.

Tell Purvis I said hello.