District 9-AAA

adbsnap

Tyler f mjhs chase f schs Tay j lhs

I am a little biased, because the only team I have followed closely is Lebanon, but I think Tay Jackson has been the MVP so far. Lebanon has no sub for him at point guard, and he is the one that makes them go. Freeman is a solid player but he has had one great game vs Lebanon and that's it. One game doesn't justify MVP, and that same game, Jackson had 20 points, 9 assists, and 7 rebounds. Faulkenberry has a pure shot, but he or any other player in the district doesn't impact their team more than Jackson does for Lebanon.

I am a little biased, because the only team I have followed closely is Lebanon, but I think Tay Jackson has been the MVP so far. Lebanon has no sub for him at point guard, and he is the one that makes them go. Freeman is a solid player but he has had one great game vs Lebanon and that's it. One game doesn't justify MVP, and that same game, Jackson had 20 points, 9 assists, and 7 rebounds. Faulkenberry has a pure shot, but he or any other player in the district doesn't impact their team more than Jackson does for Lebanon.

One good game for Freeman? Come on now, you just told everyone how biased you are. You must not pay attention at all. Jackson is having a good season but saw he had just 4 points against WC. You can impact the game without scoring but was this the case? Freeman, since Christmas, has had games of 28, 19, 21, and 18 and that's just scoring.

Chase Freeman is the best player in the league hands down!!

One good game for Freeman? Come on now, you just told everyone how biased you are. You must not pay attention at all. Jackson is having a good season but saw he had just 4 points against WC. You can impact the game without scoring but was this the case? Freeman, since Christmas, has had games of 28, 19, 21, and 18 and that's just scoring.

Chase Freeman is the best player in the league hands down!!

Well I said I was biased haha but an MVP should be the player who is irreplaceable by that team, and I believe Jackson is that for lebanon. Lebanon only goes 7 or 8 deep, and there is no way they would be 18-3 without him. They are probably around .500 without him. SC has way more depth than lebanon, and I don't believe they would be too far from undefeated without freeman. Last year's MVP kyle Anderton did not have his best year (I think he had a better year as a junior) but without him SC doesn't go to sub state. It's all about who impacts their team more.

Edited by readytowin

Well I said I was biased haha but an MVP should be the player who is irreplaceable by that team, and I believe Jackson is that for lebanon. Lebanon only goes 7 or 8 deep, and there is no way they would be 18-3 without him. They are probably around .500 without him. SC has way more depth than lebanon, and I don't believe they would be too far from undefeated without freeman. Last year's MVP kyle Anderton did not have his best year (I think he had a better year as a junior) but without him SC doesn't go to sub state. It's all about who impacts their team more.

Chase Freeman makes everyone on a Station Camp better. He always helps his teammates be in great position for an open look. No one dares to press Station Camp because he will break the press and either score or get to an open shooter.

Since Freeman took the starting point job after Christmas in 2014, the Bisons are only 45-4. Their only losses was in 2014-15 season against McCallie, Gallatin, Mt. Juliet, and the State runner up Brentwood.

Freeman is by far 9AAA MVP, but I guess there will be a show Tuesday night when a Station Camp goes to Lebanon and Freeman steals the show...

Edited by ut49er

Chase Freeman makes everyone on a Station Camp better. They lose the Lebanon game without him, and they probably have 6 or 7 losses without him.

Since Freeman took the starting point job after Christmas in 2014, the Bisons are only 45-4. Their only losses was in 2014-15 season against McCallie, Gallatin, Mt. Juliet, and the State runner up Brentwood.

Freeman is by far 9AAA MVP, but I guess there will be a show Tuesday night when a Station Camp goes to Lebanon and Freeman steals the show...

You are out of your mind and are just as biased as me if you believe that SC would have 6 or 7 losses without him AND give him credit for being 45-4... Freeman was abysmal last season and shared the time with Zazarro (not sure if thats the back up pg's name).. And before Christmas Freeman wasn't making much noise.. It's easy to go 45-4 when you have easily had the best team 2 years in a row.. SC size the past two years have overpowered everyone else in the district..

But I guess we will see Tuesday night! I'm sure Lebanon will be tired after a hard game against MJ the night before, but it will be fun to see what happens! I hope both players play well and make it a good game!

One last thing: At SC, Lebanon focused on Dotson and Reed and left Freeman wide open, so it will be interesting to see what they do Tuesday.

I don't think I'm as biased in this conversion but from where I sit You could look at it two ways

1. Look at the best player in the best team. There has to be something to an undefeated record so credit has to go to that player. I'm not sure freeman is even the best player on his team. Length and strong shooting is the identify of SC

2. Look at what team can't survive without. That has to be Jackson. Teams don't even try to press Lebanon with him at the point. Tempo, distribution, execution are all dictated by Jackson.

Thru games of 1/29:

Station Camp    10-0

Lebanon            8-1

Mt. Juliet            6-3

Beech                6-4

Gallatin              4-6

Wilson Central   3-6

Hendersonville   1-8

Portland              0-10

Monday 2/1 games (postponed from 1/22):

Lebanon @ Mt. Juliet

Hendersonville @ Wilson Central

Tuesday 2/2 games:

Mt. Juliet @ Beech

Gallatin @ Wilson Central

Station Camp @ Lebanon

Portland @ Hendersonville

Thru games of 1/29:

Station Camp    10-0

Lebanon            8-1

Mt. Juliet            6-3

Beech                6-4

Gallatin              4-6

Wilson Central   3-6

Hendersonville   1-8

Portland              0-10

Monday 2/1 games (postponed from 1/22):

Lebanon @ Mt. Juliet

Hendersonville @ Wilson Central

Tuesday 2/2 games:

Mt. Juliet @ Beech

Gallatin @ Wilson Central

Station Camp @ Lebanon

Portland @ Hendersonville

Interesting game tonight for lebanon. Almost a "trap" game. You know mt. juliet going to be well coached and wanting a win. 

Wonder if lebanon will be looking ahead and get beat tonight?

Other intriguing game is Portland/ Hendersonville.  Hendersonville played station camp tough, but another opportunity for the panthers to maybe get them a district win, even though I doubt it...

Edited by essencOFtruth

Lebanon/Mt Juliet will be very interesting.  A MJ win would not surprise me at all.  With that said, if MJ does win it won't be because Lebanon is looking ahead to Station Camp.  I think Lebanon fully understands that MJ is capable of beating them.  If Lebanon falls behind by 19 points like they did Friday they won't be able to rally for a win.