District 9-AAA

adbsnap

Can't believe there was ever any real discussion about who the best player was in this district. Williams is a total boss. Was not impressed with Anderton when I saw him play last year but don't think SC has a very good coach.

Hope WC wins the Region so we don't have to play them again in Sub-State for the third straight year. SC might have the raw athletes but WC is well-coached and hard to beat w/ that odd-but-effective zone they run.

Can't believe there was ever any real discussion about who the best player was in this district. Williams is a total boss. Was not impressed with Anderton when I saw him play last year but don't think SC has a very good coach.

Hope WC wins the Region so we don't have to play them again in Sub-State for the third straight year. SC might have the raw athletes but WC is well-coached and hard to beat w/ that odd-but-effective zone they run.

Not a good coach??? He has no Seniors,Starts a Freshmen,Soph.,and two Juniors and beat WC the first time.WC is Senior led.Great Team,plays hard...But to say that about SC....WOW!

And the funky zone is a 1-3-1 stolen from Beech...

Couple of things eagle- last night WC played 90% 1-2-2 zone against SC

Also- Beech and coach Joines do a great job of running their 1-3-1, but to compare it to centrals is comical!! Beech plays really wide and extends its top guy to half court, while centrals top guy is at the top of key and wings play in tight. Two great coaches that show you can play the se base defense in completely different ways!!

Couple of things eagle- last night WC played 90% 1-2-2 zone against SC

Also- Beech and coach Joines do a great job of running their 1-3-1, but to compare it to centrals is comical!! Beech plays really wide and extends its top guy to half court, while centrals top guy is at the top of key and wings play in tight. Two great coaches that show you can play the se base defense in completely different ways!!

1-2-2,1-3-1 still zone....Beech played first and longest in district as base...Never said anything w wrong with stealing it or is it comical..Good coaches "steal" from each other.They did not invent the wheel....However, to say SC coach is bad....THAT IS COMICAL!!!

I will rate them. But will leave sc out. Best coach in district is 1. Wilson central made state tourney last year. 2. Beech made state tourney couple years ago. 3 Gallatin made state tourney many years ago. 4 Hendersonville needs to get more aggressive 5. Mj coach is too predictable 6. Lebanon shoots too many 3s. 7. Portland this coach makes too many excuses don't say you don't because you do great coaches make players better you are there to compete. So rank the coaches.

Williams was always the considered the top player in 9AAA this year. Anderton is very good despite you watching a game last year. Anderton is considered the best post in the district this year and considered by many to be the top returning player next year.

WC also has a few other teams in the district that can make a run and win the district tournament and win region as well. Kenwood may even be better in region play.

Not a good coach??? He has no Seniors,Starts a Freshmen,Soph.,and two Juniors and beat WC the first time.WC is Senior led.Great Team,plays hard...But to say that about SC....WOW!

And the funky zone is a 1-3-1 stolen from Beech...

Brentwood needs to worry about Ravenwood in district tournament before a fan talks up region and sub-state. Massey is a good coach but I doubt he started only 4 players and beat WC. 

Rate top 3 coaches in 9aa. This will show best coaches in district. Go ahead and give your best 3

I don't know about 9AA but 9AAA has many excellent coaches. Massey's record was great in 8AA with Jenkins for sure but, 9AAA is very competitive year in and year out with great people leading those programs.

I will rate them. But will leave sc out. Best coach in district is 1. Wilson central made state tourney last year. 2. Beech made state tourney couple years ago. 3 Gallatin made state tourney many years ago. 4 Hendersonville needs to get more aggressive 5. Mj coach is too predictable 6. Lebanon shoots too many 3s. 7. Portland this coach makes too many excuses don't say you don't because you do great coaches make players better you are there to compete. So rank the coaches.

Seems you are rating schools from recent history not their coaches. I will not attempt to rank these people but I will applauded Gallatin High School's Bobby Luna as a excellent coach. 

Coach Luna - 19th year at Gallatin  

425+ wins overall

4x 9AAA Coach of the year

2x TACA District Coach of the year

5x District Regular Season Champions

3x District Tournament Champions

3x Region Tournament Champions

3x State Tournament Appearances

2x State Final Four Appearances 

1x State Championship Game Runner-Up

I believe he is as good as any coach in 9AAA.

Green Wave Pride!