District 9-AAA

adbsnap

Lebanon dropped their regular season finale @ White Co. 48-46 as White Co. scored as time ran out.  Lebanon finishes regular season 14-11, 6-8 in 9aaa. 

Thanks, TheRealTruth, for your classy post.

I plan on doing our program's reconnaissance for the 9-AAA quarterfinals/semifinals. Should be some really good games those nights. Funny to see how Lebanon dropped all the way to a #6 seed given how hot their year started!

Brentwood, Lebanon has really struggled the 2nd half of the year when teams get them into a half court game.  Lebanon is very guard oriented, want to get out and run.  If they can't get anything in transition they usually have trouble scoring in the half court.  They don't have a true back to the basket post threat like Anderton, Schroeder, Palmer, etc.  They typically live & die by the three when it comes to possession by possession basketball.  They have had some great shooting nights this season but the past few weeks have been as cold as the first 10-12 games were hot.

But it's tourney time now and we'll see if they can get a big win Friday night.  I'm sure Real Truth and other Wave supporters will disagree but I sure like the idea of a neutral site game rather than playing @ Gallatin.  :)  Gallatin gives Lebanon all kinds of matchup issues as evidenced by their sweep this year.  Physical bigs on the inside as well as quick guards who take care of the ball and Williams who can score inside & out.

Looking forward to all the 1st round matchups being in one place so I can see them all for one price!  If I was MJ I'm sure I'd feel a little different.

firstandgoal, I like Gallatin's 1st round matchup with Lebanon for the reasons you stated. If Gallatin wins, a 2nd round game versus either SC or Hendersonville would be a great matchup. I am also fine with the neutral site as the coaches voted for this.  One reason is officials are usually spread too thin during tournament time and this should allow for officials to call two games instead of one thus the better officials being utilized and hopefully getting better and more consistent calls. In theory, of course.

Sorry for the delay.

SC 41 Hendersonville 34 OT

Hendersonville missed free throws late to solidify a victory in regulation as Perry hit a big 3 late to send it to OT. SC took over from there. 

Gallatin 53 Lebanon 50

Sloppy 1st round but, Robert Clayton finished strong with a driving lay up and added the free throw with 3.7 seconds left after sitting much of the first half in foul trouble.

Wilson Central 63 Portland 42

Wildcats cruise with 4 in double figures.

Mt. Juliet 53 Beech 47

Beech lead by 8 at the half and went down by 3 after 3 with Mt. Juliet making the plays it needed in the 4th.  

Edited by TheRealTruth