District 9-AAA

adbsnap

So the 4 10AAA team that will meet up with 9AAA. In Regionals are Kenwood, Henry Co., West Creek, and Springfield.

TEAM OVERALL PF PA

Kenwood High School 22-5-0. 1695 1317

Henry County High School 17-7. 1322 1225

Springfield High School 16-11. 1501 1492

West Creek High School 16-16. 1803 1797

If you try to gauge there ability based of if the wins and loses you will be mislead. I have seen all these teams play so I will help you guys out with the scouting reports.

Springfield big turn around mid way through the season 8-1 in there last nine games. Only loss coming to Henry County. Average athletes with an effective full court press. No real post presence Very average zone and man to man defense. Average shooters. Above average rebounders for there size. They would have to play there best game to beat the top 4 of 9 AAA and they are playing there best ball right now. No real star player, 4 averaging around 10ppg lead by McCarroll at 12ppg. Sleeper team 

Henry Co. Has no true ball handelers, can't break down defense/ get in the lane. Very disciplined defense thats good enough to win games for them. Probably the best back to the basket player in the region in Donaldson at 25 and 10 per game great passer if you double team good mid range jumper, complete post player. Houston is thier best and only consistant shooter at 11ppg. Good senior leadership that plays together and doesn't make a lot of mental mistakes. Keys to a win: don't let Donaldson touch it . Pressure there guards. Good enough to beat anyone in the field.

West Creek is another team who has turned it around 8-1 in there last nine. Only loss coming to Kenwood. Small but very athletic. Solid ball handlers. Typically use a full court man to man, presurre levels come and go by design. Very weak at defending post play and rebounding. But is often neutralized by good shooters with above average ability to hit the 3. Good group of drive and kick players. Biggest frame maybe 6-3 175. Best players Almon at 16 per and Pressley at 12 per. keys to win: Keep guards out the lane and defend the 3. 

Kenwood has 3 D1 caliber players on there roster including a 2014 Mr. Basketball finalist. Average athleticism as a team but great shooters with 5 players shooting around 40% behind the arc. One of the better defensive teams in the state. They all buy into there roles on the offensive side (6 players around 8ppg or more). Only 7-8 deep after that they lose talent fast. Good inside presence with 6-8 Rivers and a work horse in Harrison who has proven he can guard any post player regaurdless of strength and size. Best players D. Norl at 22 per and Rivers at 15 and 11 per. keys to win: Speed the game up, rebound the ball, avoid double teaming. Probably favorite to win Regionals.

• Upvote 1

So the 4 10AAA team that will meet up with 9AAA. In Regionals are Kenwood, Henry Co., West Creek, and Springfield.

TEAM OVERALL PF PA

Kenwood High School 22-5-0. 1695 1317

Henry County High School 17-7. 1322 1225

Springfield High School 16-11. 1501 1492

West Creek High School 16-16. 1803 1797

If you try to gauge there ability based of if the wins and loses you will be mislead. I have seen all these teams play so I will help you guys out with the scouting reports.

Springfield big turn around mid way through the season 8-1 in there last nine games. Only loss coming to Henry County. Average athletes with an effective full court press. No real post presence Very average zone and man to man defense. Average shooters. Above average rebounders for there size. They would have to play there best game to beat the top 4 of 9 AAA and they are playing there best ball right now. No real star player, 4 averaging around 10ppg lead by McCarroll at 12ppg. Sleeper team 

Henry Co. Has no true ball handelers, can't break down defense/ get in the lane. Very disciplined defense thats good enough to win games for them. Probably the best back to the basket player in the region in Donaldson at 25 and 10 per game great passer if you double team good mid range jumper, complete post player. Houston is thier best and only consistant shooter at 11ppg. Good senior leadership that plays together and doesn't make a lot of mental mistakes. Keys to a win: don't let Donaldson touch it . Pressure there guards. Good enough to beat anyone in the field.

West Creek is another team who has turned it around 8-1 in there last nine. Only loss coming to Kenwood. Small but very athletic. Solid ball handlers. Typically use a full court man to man, presurre levels come and go by design. Very weak at defending post play and rebounding. But is often neutralized by good shooters with above average ability to hit the 3. Good group of drive and kick players. Biggest frame maybe 6-3 175. Best players Almon at 16 per and Pressley at 12 per. keys to win: Keep guards out the lane and defend the 3. 

Kenwood has 3 D1 caliber players on there roster including a 2014 Mr. Basketball finalist. Average athleticism as a team but great shooters with 5 players shooting around 40% behind the arc. One of the better defensive teams in the state. They all buy into there roles on the offensive side (6 players around 8ppg or more). Only 7-8 deep after that they lose talent fast. Good inside presence with 6-8 Rivers and a work horse in Harrison who has proven he can guard any post player regaurdless of strength and size. Best players D. Norl at 22 per and Rivers at 15 and 11 per. keys to win: Speed the game up, rebound the ball, avoid double teaming. Probably favorite to win Regionals.

Thanks for the breakdown. Great job on your efforts. I know that 10AAA could win any or every game versus 9AAA or vice versa. One disagreement in your post. You can gauge their ability to some wins and losses. West Creek and Springfield's 8-1 runs to finish season were primarily against weaker district opponents. 9AAA was pretty solid 1 through 7.

Let's look at 9AAA versus 10AAA this season:

9AAA is 16-3 versus 10AAA with their 2 wins against Portland and 1 early against Gallatin with multiple starters still playing football.

Also, noted Kenwood and Henry County have not played 9AAA as well as Wilson Central not playing 10AAA and Mt. Juliet only playing Clarksville.

Overall, I believe the top 4 teams in each district are in and I like 9AAA's chances.    

Thanks for the breakdown. Great job on your efforts. I know that 10AAA could win any or every game versus 9AAA or vice versa. One disagreement in your post. You can gauge their ability to some wins and losses. West Creek and Springfield's 8-1 runs to finish season were primarily against weaker district opponents. 9AAA was pretty solid 1 through 7.

Let's look at 9AAA versus 10AAA this season:

9AAA is 16-3 versus 10AAA with their 2 wins against Portland and 1 early against Gallatin with multiple starters still playing football.

Also, noted Kenwood and Henry County have not played 9AAA as well as Wilson Central not playing 10AAA and Mt. Juliet only playing Clarksville.

Overall, I believe the top 4 teams in each district are in and I like 9AAA's chances.

I agree top to bottom hands down 9AAA is better. But lets break down this 16-3 record your talking about. A total of 19 games, 16 of which are games where one or both team will not be at regionals which leaves 3 games West Creek vs Station Camp, SC won by 4. Gallatin vs Springfield twice. Gallatin won both by 16 and 5. Springfield is not 8-1 in there last 9 because of week competition in those 8 wins they beat 2 teams with 20 plus wins. Look they are not bringing the same team to regionals that you saw early in the season. West Creek however dose have the same roster they are just playing a lot better. 

This is how I see it shaping out.

Kenwood (1) vs Gallatin (4)

Henry Co. (2) vs Wilson Central (3)

Springfield (3) vs Station Camp (2)

West Creek (4) vs Mt. Juliet (1)

Kenwood and Mt. Juliet in the finals with Kenwood.

I would have WC advancing but if they match up with HC it will present a problem. I see HC wining that match up by double digits

I thnk it is funny that we want to compare schedules between Wilson Central or anyone in 9-AAA with Kenwood or anyone in 10-AAA.  But if you look at the schedules between Kenwood and Wilson Central on Coach T website, Kenwood has played against 4-5 ranked teams especially teams like Dyer Co. and South Fulton, CPA, Cheatam Co, that will be State contenders in their areas, I dont see those same types of teams on WIlson Central's schedule besides siegel?... Thats just an observation though. 

I agree top to bottom hands down 9AAA is better. But lets break down this 16-3 record your talking about. A total of 19 games, 16 of which are games where one or both team will not be at regionals which leaves 3 games West Creek vs Station Camp, SC won by 4. Gallatin vs Springfield twice. Gallatin won both by 16 and 5. Springfield is not 8-1 in there last 9 because of week competition in those 8 wins they beat 2 teams with 20 plus wins. Look they are not bringing the same team to regionals that you saw early in the season. West Creek however dose have the same roster they are just playing a lot better. 

This is how I see it shaping out.

Kenwood (1) vs Gallatin (4)

Henry Co. (2) vs Wilson Central (3)

Springfield (3) vs Station Camp (2)

West Creek (4) vs Mt. Juliet (1)

Kenwood and Mt. Juliet in the finals with Kenwood.

I would have WC advancing but if they match up with HC it will present a problem. I see HC wining that match up by double digits

Great job, again and I will continue the "funny" comparisons for well... fun. Springfield did upset Kenwood by 2 and recently lost by 24 to Kenwood. The other 20 win team is East Robertson which actually has 19 wins in 10A.

Springfield is 1-4 versus 9AAA

Lost to #3 Gallatin 60-44, 44-39

Lost to #7 Hendersonville 69-55

Lost to #5 Beech 56-33

Beat #8 Portland 51-46

West Creek is 0-3 versus 9AAA

Lost to #2 Station Camp 61-57

Lost to #5 Beech 43-39, 50-47