District 9-AAA

adbsnap

WVkid, the coach is building another champion as we speak. he takes losing teams and builds winners wherever he goes. He wanted the challenge of Portland plus its location to his family. I am not talking about Portland coaches just the Portland administration. They had a chance to hire a good coach who would have stayed but went this current direction of a coach a year. I havent seen Portland this year so I cant comment on current coach, but in past years they lacked any fundamentals. You can win a lot of games with fundamentals. They probably couldnt play in the state with the talent they currently have but you can get them competitive.

Who did they ever have that went to UT? Corey Brewer went to Florida like 9 years ago. I don't remember them having anybody since.

I was mistaken I knew brewer went to an SEC school just assumed it was UT...

CrimsonTide- I have seen them play, fundamentals get you something's... I think the kids at Portland play hard, but the talent level really just isn't there to compete in that div. and I could be wrong but don't think they have competed since Brewer left 8-9 years ago... Shocked that a state title coach would leave a state contender to go to Portland.... I'm around a lot of coaches in middle tenn and I've never heard anyone waiting for Portland job to open up... I'm talking about good quality coaches... I think the coach at Portland works hard and I think his players play hard but like I've said there's only so much you can do... Can't coach speed and size...

You were already talking as the ticket was punched for sub-state vs. WC, then state. Why back down now? FYI... this is 9AAA. No one here is concerned about Brentwood or 11AAA ...yet. If you want to boost, go post how good Brentwood is to White Station or any other Memphis team. I am sure they are open for discussion. Stay humble, my friend.

Now back to 9AAA...

Brentwood doesn't have the right to talk about any Memphis team it hasn't ever played, but 9-AAA teams certainly don't have much precedent (apart from sub-state two years ago) to act like they'd beat us straight-up.

Edited by ThePiedPiperOfBrentwood

Brentwood sucks. I have seen them play. They look like hickory in hoosiers. A bunch of goofy kids that pass the ball around. They have no players going to a real college. They would look perfect in short shorts. When 9aaa puts Brentwood out of tourney. I will buy ad in paper letting everyone know. Stick to cricket and soccer Brentwood.

Brentwood sucks. I have seen them play. They look like hickory in hoosiers. A bunch of goofy kids that pass the ball around. They have no players going to a real college. They would look perfect in short shorts. When 9aaa puts Brentwood out of tourney. I will buy ad in paper letting everyone know. Stick to cricket and soccer Brentwood.

Do you always spew dumb things that you can't back up? Is Kyle Anderton your prom date or your son?

Brentwood destroyed Station Camp@Station Camp 63-38 last year. Their coach e-mailed our head coach and said we were the program he wanted to model his own team after because of how we conducted business on and off the court. Our players don't talk mess, they just beat you soundly by maximizing possessions and, in doing so, make teams without a plan look like amateurs. And yes, we play fundamental hoops but have had several D-1 caliber guys the last few years (including a couple guys about to sign with Lipscomb). We have the thickest playbook in the state.

The most imposing thing SC did against us was Anderton landing his gut on our best defensive player, breaking his foot and ending his career. And we STILL beat 30-0 Blackman in the state tournament after finishing off Wilson Central in sub-state.

I can't remember the last time we lost to Beech (like that 1-3-1 they run, though) and, including summer games, we've beaten Mt. Juliet four times this season.

Don't really see how any of y'all can talk mess about a program that has that kind of resume over your district. I won't say a cross word about Wilson Central because they're my second-favorite team in the state because of the rivalrly we've developed with them, but the rest of your district hasn't earned the right to say jack.

Edited by ThePiedPiperOfBrentwood

Son we are talking about this year. Yall play like the guys in the 70s did. Talk is cheap. Jimmy pass it 8 times before you get it past foul line. Kyle is one of my best friends. He will be playing college ball. He has so many offers. The hickory Bruins will be watching Kyle on tv. Those post YMCA days will be amazing. Go hickory. Bruins lose in 1st or 2nd round in region. Can you smell what the rock is cooking.