Giles at Greeneville!

DevilMan03

Whio wins?  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Greeneville?
    • Giles?

Neither you nor your compadres answeered my question which is of no suprise, but I will reply to yours. 1, Fairview- a very good 3a team that would compare to Alcoa this year. 2. Dekalb Which was number 2 or 3 for most of the year on the TSSAA board 3. Marshall Co. which is a huge rivalry game. Irazzory, their back has a ton of talent 4. Page, while their record may not prove it we did beat them the week before they manhandled Lexington which was 1 or 2 most of the year. 5. Lewis Co. I still don't know what happened in that game, but I know after it we matured a great deal. 6. Brainerd...Alabama was there scouting the Rooks kid. We did quite well against him.

6 teams from our district made the playoffs. Its no cakewalk.

I'm still waiting for you to name a team better than Mo West, Science Hill, and Alcoa that you have played. Don't let Alcoa's record confuse you they would beat every 3a team besides CAK it seems. Dekalb Co. got beat by Livingston 42-7 who the got beat by Fulton 30-7 who Greeneville beat 42-0 so no not a great team. Lexington was beating up on weak west tennessee teams all year so please don't try and say Page was good just because they beat them. Brainerd wasn't even a top 5 team in Chatt and we have went through Chatt the past 3 years with ease. Don't be talking about who teams have played when your schedule is weak at best :thumb:

Edited by Swipes

I'm still waiting for you to name a team better than Mo West, Science Hill, and Alcoa that you have played. Don't let Alcoa's record confuse you they would beat every 3a team besides CAK it seems. Dekalb Co. got beat by Livingston 42-7 who the got beat by Fulton 30-7 who Greeneville beat 42-0 so no not a great team. Lexington was beating up on weak west tennessee teams all year so please don't try and say Page was good just because they beat them. Brainerd wasn't even a top 5 team in Chatt and we have went through Chatt the past 3 years with ease. Don't be talking about who teams have played when your schedule is weak at best :thumb:

:roflol: Hillarious...since you don't wish to talk about football lets talk smack.

The number one reason Greenville won their quad?....................They turned in Signal Mountain :roflol::lol:

:roflol: Hillarious...since you don't wish to talk about football lets talk smack.

The number one reason Greenville won their quad?....................They turned in Signal Mountain :roflol::lol:

You were the one asking who we have played besides Mo West, Science Hill, and Alcoa and you started rambling off teams that wouldn't beat any of the teams listed above....sorry the truth hurts sometimes.

Greeneville didn't turn in Signal Mountain nice try tho :thumb: We would have loved for them to come up to Burley and played us. You do know they have been beaten twice? One by an ok Polk Co. team

Edited by Swipes

Just letting the numbers speak:

Greeneville's regular season opponents records - 58- 54 (+4)

Giles Co's regular season opponents records - 48 - 62 (-14)

Greeneville beat 2 6A teams (Science Hill (8-4) & Franklin Co (3-7)) and lost to a 5A team (Mo West (11-2)). Science Hill lost in the 2nd round of the 6 A playoffs, Mo West lost in the Quarter finals, Franklin Co didn't make the playoffs. They also beat 3A Alcoa out of conference who was eliminated in the Quarter finals.

Giles Co's non conference schedule consisted of a loss to 6A Lincoln Co. (4-6) and win over 5A Lawrence Co (1-9). Neither team made the playoffs.

Prior to the playoffs, Greeneville had played five teams that finished with a winning record, with one more making the playoffs with a 5-6 record. Giles Co. had played three teams that finished with a winning record and two more that made the playoffs with 5-6 and 6-6 records respectively.

Greeneville has played a tougher schedule.

Giles County has caught fire at the end of the season and is on a good run. Sometimes teams catch fire in the post season and make a deep run.

I fully expect Giles County's run to end in Greeneville on Friday night. I'm hoping for a good close game but after looking at the records and opponents, I am not optimistic.

Edited by LilDevilsDad

Greeneville is a big,powerful team that scores alot of points.Giles Co. is you average size border line small team that gets the job done.Yes Greeneville is a heavy favorite.Will they blow Giles Co. out?They might and should according to the Internet and on paper.But the last time I checked this game wasn't played on paper nor was it played compared to how many points who beat someone by or who lost to who or who beat who.This is going to be a huge challenge for the Bobcats and if they didnt want to drive 6 hrs to play this game they would have rolled over last week.So win or lose Friday they will be there and be ready.

Greeneville is a big,powerful team that scores alot of points.Giles Co. is you average size border line small team that gets the job done.Yes Greeneville is a heavy favorite.Will they blow Giles Co. out?They might and should according to the Internet and on paper.But the last time I checked this game wasn't played on paper nor was it played compared to how many points who beat someone by or who lost to who or who beat who.This is going to be a huge challenge for the Bobcats and if they didnt want to drive 6 hrs to play this game they would have rolled over last week.So win or lose Friday they will be there and be ready.

All smack aside,both of these teams are loaded with talent and have superior coaching staffs. I believe Greeneville has the edge in size,speed,depth and experience. I think this one will be won on the line and I do believe Greeneville has the definite advantage on both sides of the ball. This has been the most fun thread of the season...I always enjoy sparring with you kittycats. I can hardly wait for Friday night. I'll bring the turkey sammiches WOMG if you bring the hot chocolate. :flower:

I'm sorry, but how anyone that has not seen this Green Devil team play really should not worry about who they play. I'm from Greeneville, but am a Riverdale graduate. I was at Riverdale when coach Rankin was making his run.But I'm back in east Tennessee now. I watched Riverdale play some very very physical teams. I've seen Riverdale have some very good defensive teams. I now go to all the Greeneville games because my wife is the majorette instructor for greeneville. This devil team is as good as any team I've ever seen defensively. I'm telling you GC fans. Don't base this team on who they play. Their only loss they still only gave up14 in that game. I'm not here to just be spouting off. I'm just telling you. If your looking for some angle to diminish the devils. You obviously have not seen them play. If you had seen them play. You would not be making these preliminary assumptions.