Maryville vs. Riverdale

Red Rebels

A few of my parents give money to Maryville to help out with the football program and improve stadium and concession stand conditions.

A few of your parents? I did a double take on that at first, but I guess you could come from a divorced home. Does that mean 3 of 4 parents are boosters? We need to get this 4th parent on board!

My questioning that there is booster money out there for our program stems from the fact that so few capital improvements have taken place recently. The locker room, coaches' office & trainer's room were remodeled years ago, but nothing as of late (that I'm aware of). Maybe if we didn't have to buy rings at teh end of every year --- nah, let's keep doing that!

I may be alone on this, but the football concession stands need to be pumping money into the football program. I know that the band parents put the work into it, but it chaps my rear to see them send their group on trips to NYC & other places, when football is bringing them all their customers. Surely we can organize a group of volunteers to work a concession stand...

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few of your parents? I did a double take on that at first, but I guess you could come from a divorced home. Does that mean 3 of 4 parents are boosters? We need to get this 4th parent on board!

My questioning that there is booster money out there for our program stems from the fact that so few capital improvements have taken place recently. The locker room, coaches' office & trainer's room were remodeled years ago, but nothing as of late (that I'm aware of). Maybe if we didn't have to buy rings at teh end of every year --- nah, let's keep doing that!

I may be alone on this, but the football concession stands need to be pumping money into the football program. I know that the band parents put the work into it, but it chaps my rear to see them send their group on trips to NYC & other places, when football is bringing them all their customers. Surely we can organize a group of volunteers to work a concession stand...

First off, I apologize for my prior statement that you didn't quote. I didnt realize the direction you were taking the post.

I meant to say a few of my parents' friends haha! My English teacher was rather boring today so I decided to view the board and see if BHS was still making a fool of himself. My fingers were moving faster than my brain was!

The new principal is NOT liked at all by the students. He told students that he would suspend them if they sang the traditional post-TD song. He is more of a tradition killer than Casteel was.

I could agree with that..the good one there is pinkerton. Ive heard he can be strict at times about small happenings but all in all hes the best there. All i gotta say is through all this junk where there tellin students they cant sing fight songs pinkerton got up on the railing and did the "winning team,losing team" chant and led it..thats not spineless thats just understanding some kids once in a while in my eyes..bit hey how did this get turned into talkin about administration? Football is better

GO REBELS