Maryville vs. Riverdale

Red Rebels

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your Sangin was alright , but your DANCING will probably land you on that TV show "DANCIN WIT DA STARZ" !! :roflol:

pep...tham Whitehavun daincurs wuz tryin two sho us up...and eye couldn't jist set thair and lett hit happun wif out a few mooves than eye learnt frum watchin' Ernest Tee Bass... :blush:

Edited by STARSNBARS

It has been said to me that the new principal has been brought in by her majesty director in control of everything to systematically remove everything related to the flag and the mascot. He will not succeed , he is dealing with much more than sutherland ave out here. :thumb:

I hope every booster pulls their money if this joker takes the name away. I can understand if our culture was in the same shape it was in the 1950's-1960's, but now people just want to sue schools and businesses just to cause a stir

I hope every booster pulls their money if this joker takes the name away. I can understand if our culture was in the same shape it was in the 1950's-1960's, but now people just want to sue schools and businesses just to cause a stir

It will not happen. There are hopefully changes on the way to the board in the coming elections or so I have been told.

It has been said to me that the new principal has been brought in by her majesty director in control of everything to systematically remove everything related to the flag and the mascot. He will not succeed , he is dealing with much more than sutherland ave out here. :thumb:

I really don't believe Principal Roach is behind any such move. I don't know him personally, but know someone who knows him quite well. My friend would be really surprised if Principal Roach changes any of these things. West High's mascot is the Rebels and nothing like this happened there. I believe that if any such move is afoot, there may be some old (or new guard) folks that see the hiring of a new principal as an opportune time to make changes... thinking that Principal Roach would hesitate to resist such changes and would be blamed for the changes. JMHO.

I really don't believe Principal Roach is behind any such move. I don't know him personally, but know someone who knows him quite well. My friend would be really surprised if Principal Roach changes any of these things. West High's mascot is the Rebels and nothing like this happened there. I believe that if any such move is afoot, there may be some old (or new guard) folks that see the hiring of a new principal as an opportune time to make changes... thinking that Principal Roach would hesitate to resist such changes and would be blamed for the changes. JMHO.

Sounds very logical. This may be something that has went on for years, but since I have been in Maryville, the first thing I recall was the issue years ago of something being painted on the cafeteria wall and certain ones wanting it removed. I remember they had meetings getting opinions on this matter. I had a banker friend at the time who had kids in the school and I remember telling him that "you all better stand your ground and not give in", and he said "Why, it is just a painting and there is no use in causing an uproar over that, we will get rid of it and everyone will be happy". I began to tell him that I had already been through this in another area and I told him then, if you give ground trying to appease a certain few it will only be the beginning, you will think you have made everyone happy and it will for a year or two and then something else will come up, and then you will change that, and so on and so on, until you look up and over a period of time and they have took everything.

Sorry for the rant...I don't have a dog in the fight, I just hate to see good people keep backing up and backing up until a selective few seeking "political correctness" wins their battle. Seems as if that has happened all too often in our society.