Henry County vs Hendersonville

titanfan33

They will, Hendersonville is good and it will be a good game. I expect HC to pull out a close 1, 21-17, but expect the 42-14 like predictions from some of the HC faithful.....

no way i can call you out because i agreed with you, but still. in hindsight this is a classic post. if HC wouldn't have misfired on its last two extra point attempts, 42-14 would've been the exact score.

i think this was just your subtle way of predicting it yourself. :roflol:

The last estimate that I heard was 4,500-5,000 tickets were sold at the gates tonight.

and from what i read previously in this thread, 1,000 additional tickets were allotted to hendersonville.

either way it was by far the best crowd i've seen in a while. not just in numbers, but in the over all atmosphere they provided. i came away truly impressed with pretty much everything up there. not trying to kiss --- either.

Edited by waveyard14

As I have said ALL ALONG...we are very good and there isn't a worthy opponent in sight. Hendersonville was a fair team...that's all. I have said for WEEKS that we wouldn't get tested until round four or maybe even round five...well. I'm wrong...our test will come in round six (which doesn't exist...nor does the test)! We are very good in a year when the state is very average in 5A. I knew nothing about West but I know plenty about Powell...this game won't be close. They have a very good running back...a good running QB...a poor kicking game...fairly athletic...it should be over by the half.

Ok I'm probably going to get jumped on for this but here it goes. I was not at the Hendersonville game so I cannot speak on what they did and did not do. I will say we beat them pretty decent .... And they showed none of the poor sportsmanship y'all are talking about. Now granted we didn't end their season but I will say my best friend use to date the star player for rossviews basketball team several years ago. Henry county played at Rossview and because of some patriots fan that game got out of hand. It wasn't kids eitheir, it was grown men and they took to fighting all the way down the bleachers onto the floor were multiple people from Henry county were jumping in it; i even believe someone got arrested that night. They were upset because they loss to Rossview. I was there and though I'm not a Rossview fan I could of cared less who won I will say I have always thought that was poor behavior. I know you can't judge a school on poor behavior by multiple parents because every school has them; but to judge hendersonville so much over a few things is not really being fair.

The incident you speak of has been and still is a black spot on Henry county's reputation and certainly something most of our fans are ashamed of.However,overall, I think our reputation is pretty good. WE are welcomed in most places we go but largely because we travel so well due to our pride in our little community an

d in our young athletes. Henry County High is a past winner of the Bridges Sportmanship Award. I hope we won't forever be judged by this incident.

GO BIG RED

Ok I'm probably going to get jumped on for this but here it goes. I was not at the Hendersonville game so I cannot speak on what they did and did not do. I will say we beat them pretty decent .... And they showed none of the poor sportsmanship y'all are talking about. Now granted we didn't end their season but I will say my best friend use to date the star player for rossviews basketball team several years ago. Henry county played at Rossview and because of some patriots fan that game got out of hand. It wasn't kids eitheir, it was grown men and they took to fighting all the way down the bleachers onto the floor were multiple people from Henry county were jumping in it; i even believe someone got arrested that night. They were upset because they loss to Rossview. I was there and though I'm not a Rossview fan I could of cared less who won I will say I have always thought that was poor behavior. I know you can't judge a school on poor behavior by multiple parents because every school has them; but to judge hendersonville so much over a few things is not really being fair.

I was also at this game and the refs were horrible. And henry county won the game. The reason the whole mess started was a rossview assistant pushed a henry county player after the game was over. Then when they went to review the tapes for some reason they didn't work where it all started.

They will, Hendersonville is good and it will be a good game. I expect HC to pull out a close 1, 21-17, but expect the 42-14 like predictions from some of the HC faithful.....

Kevin, I'm sorry but I can't resist.

Facts:

1 Hendersonville High School was not good

2 The game was not close

3 Henry County's second team would have beaten Hendersonville High School soundly

4 This Henry County faithful predicted a 42-14 like final score

5 My prediction was predicated on my opinion that Hendersonville High School could score a touchdown against our starters

6 I was wrong about number 5 above

HC is a good Football Team. I saw them play Beech, and they stopped Beech's offense in the 1st half. However Beech had success with their Passing attack in the third quarter, which in turn helped their running game. So Beech scored in both the 3rd, and 4th quarters against HC. The score the second half was HC 15- Beech 14.

Sure HC won the game 37-17 which was because of their defense in the 1st half. Beech came on strong on both sides of the ball the 2nd half. Could HC have done more?

HC is a good Football Team. However their strength of schedule is soft. They are ranked 88th hardest schedule in the State and this is across all Divisions, 6A, 5A, 4A, etc. Hendersonville's strength of schedule ranking is 9th hardest. 9TH.!(across all Divisions)

HC is a good Football Team. Hendersonville can score on the ground, in the air, and the Kicker....He can tackle too. Wing-T, Pro set, Wildcat, Pistol...Coach Hat is a multi-tasker

HC is a good Football Team. Hendersonville only lost to one 5A team this year, Gallatin. Hendersonville then beat Gallatin in the 2nd round of the Playoffs. HC lost to no one...think about it.

HC is a good Football Team. Go Commandos! :thumb:

I didn't notice any of this from my seat on the 50 yard line.

PI Article

Don't take this the wrong way, but if Priddy thinks this Ridgeway team was one of the best teams HC has EVER played...he has lost his mind.

Way to jump the gun in the article, too. The semi-final monkey hasn't gone anywhere as of yet.

Fact: Ridgeway is the best team we've played this year. Hendersonville was not average. They would be 6-4 at best as a 10-AAA member.

This thread is almost identical to the one last year. Seems like HC can not be beat, just like last year. Seems like HC has better athletes, bigger, stronger, just like last year. Seems like HHS should not even bother traveling to HC, just like last year. The only "fact" from last year is who won the game. Don't count out the Commandos just yet..........

Consider yourselves counted out

Complete domination after the 1st quarter by HC. Najee Ray played his best all around game this year. #20 for Hendersonville was a tough player and never quit. The scuffle at the end was uncalled for but expected. The refs got it right though and I applaud them for that. Good luck to Hendersonville next season.