CPA @ MILAN let's get it started

thedawg44

Seems to me Goodpasture has been pretty successful beating Milan and teams from the west over the last few years and CPA has competed very well against Goodpasture those same years, even beating them a few times.

I have great respect for Milan, and they may be the best team CPA will play this year, but I believe both Goodpasture and Maplewood would compare to Milan. I guarantee Milan has not played anyone with the coaching, play calling, and fundamentals CPA has. BTW, CPA beat a very good Pearl Cohn team last night that outweighed them on the line by probably 40# average, and CPA missed 3 FG's that had the distance and were slightly wide or it would have been 30-7. PC had one first down in the 2nd half.

Two really good teams with great tradition and crowd support. Will be a classic and I look forward to visiting Milan.

I think at this point, whoever you're playing, they are gonna be a pretty good football team.

I would say both CPA and Milan have played some quality teams with maybe

a slight edge to CPA, but the Dogs are playing at home so that may be a wash.

Milan should be at full strength injury wise and I hope CPA is likewise.

Should be a really good game!!!

Johnnie Hale Stadium, for those who don't know, is right in the middle of town.

Here's some info for the CPA fans.....best place to park is at the two banks across HWY 45 from the

stadium...Johnnie Hale, for those who don't know, is right in the middle of town.

Chow Wagon has great food, it's like an old fashion Dairy bar, nothing is cooked ahead of

time, one of the best Rueben's you will ever eat......no matter what your GPS tells you, get off

exit 80B in Jackson, it's the fastest way....if you're staying overnight, stay in Jackson!!!!

DO NOT SPEED when going through Medina!!!!!!!

Seems to me Goodpasture has been pretty successful beating Milan and teams from the west over the last few years and CPA has competed very well against Goodpasture those same years, even beating them a few times.

I have great respect for Milan, and they may be the best team CPA will play this year, but I believe both Goodpasture and Maplewood would compare to Milan. I guarantee Milan has not played anyone with the coaching, play calling, and fundamentals CPA has. BTW, CPA beat a very good Pearl Cohn team last night that outweighed them on the line by probably 40# average, and CPA missed 3 FG's that had the distance and were slightly wide or it would have been 30-7. PC had one first down in the 2nd half.

Two really good teams with great tradition and crowd support. Will be a classic and I look forward to visiting Milan.

we've beat gp and gp has beat us and cpa has beat gp. BIG WHOOP! i guess after we beat cpa then the circle will be completed. :thumb:

Here's some info for the CPA fans.....best place to park is at the two banks across HWY 45 from the

stadium...Johnnie Hale, for those who don't know, is right in the middle of town.

Chow Wagon has great food, it's like an old fashion Dairy bar, nothing is cooked ahead of

time, one of the best Rueben's you will ever eat......no matter what your GPS tells you, get off

exit 80B in Jackson, it's the fastest way....if you're staying overnight, stay in Jackson!!!!

DO NOT SPEED when going through Medina!!!!!!!

Thanks for the tips :thumb:

This is not not the CPA team of the past 8 years that passed first out of a spread formation. CPA has a whole new coaching staff this year. CPA is now a run first team that operates mostly out of a pro set. They can burn you deep with play action and do have weapons at WR and TB. They also run multiple sets so you will see some shot gun and wildcat, etc. Like others have said though...they win games with defense. This will be the toughest game Milan has played in my opinion. Will also be tough for CPA to play on the road in a hostile environment. I think this is a 4 qtr game that comes dowm to a late score for one team to win. Fewest mistakes wins.

• Upvote 1

Dude, no need to hate on Henry Co. I know there's a rivalry between yall...from the past debating on who's the best team in rural, W. TN....but, that Henry Co. team was really, really good....they just couldnt get past Hillsboro that year. BTW, Milan had a great team at the same time, in the same years as Teague and Allen; but I dont seem to remember Milan winning the Gold Ball in those years of the Coleman's(Justin and Christian), Gilbert, and Avery Williamson...does that mean that those Milan teams were no good, too?

Let's keep it real, folks. I think some of the fans commenting in these threads need to remember that decaf coffee is available...and, life will still go on...even if your team loses.....lol.

Come on to henry county. I think this years defense is the best we've ever had. In the regular season our first team defense only gave up 9 points. Come early and enjoy some rally good tailgating. It will be a college atmosphere with 5000-10000 fans.

Come on to henry county. I think this years defense is the best we've ever had. In the regular season our first team defense only gave up 9 points. Come early and enjoy some rally good tailgating. It will be a college atmosphere with 5000-10000 fans.

1st team only gave up 9 points, huh? Interesting. Maybe should have played your first team defense against Huntington, then you wouldn't have given up 24. You put in the subs against Westview only winning 16-7, and against Covington only winning 28-26?

My bad, that's what happens when people start posting about other teams in a thread that has nothing to do with those teams. Didn't expect someone to be talking about HC's defensive stats on a Milan/CPA thread. :thumb:

Henry County fans just can't seemed to get over Milan running over them the last 4 times we played,

so they crash our threads a lot, sorry!!