CPA @ MILAN let's get it started

thedawg44

You can play the "what if" game if it makes you feel better, but that game can be played both ways. If CPA gains ten more yards on it's last possession and kicks a field goal then CPA wins. If CPA doesn't give up the long pass play in the second quarter, you could say that they win. If CPA doesn't have key injuries..... As in every close hard fought game one play here or there makes the difference. Milan made the plays to win.....would think that would be enough.

"What if" CPA's starting quarterback played the whole first half? He did and they only scored 1 TD. The only thing that makes me "feel better" is the final score. I understand that playing good defense is part of the game too. Heck, it was Milan's defense, not the offense, that put up the only score in the second half. I know the "what if" game can be played all day long. The fact is that Milan held the starting offense to 1 TD and that cant be argued. It was a good game from start to finish and I congratulate both teams on a wonderful season.

I apologize if I offended anyone anyone from CPA. That was not my intention. I was just bragging about how well our defense played throughout the game.

No apology needed, but my point is that if you are a Final 4 team and you are defending a team that loses their starting QB, and is totally one-dimensional in their attack, you should hold them scoreless. If you don't, you aren't very good. What was amazing was CPA defense being backed up the whole 2nd half with Milan dominating time of possession, and CPA defense didn't give up a score against a Milan team at full strength. Don't mind you braggin', so I am as well.

Good luck next week. Work on your pass defense. It will have to be good against CAK.

What was the final score... Ok you got help throughout the game by the Milan coach if he wasn't trying to save plays and players energy and health groups have had Coleman slam it down CPA throat. But that did not happen Milan still won and you still think y'all did so go to Cookeville and see who plays CAK wear your purple and get of thread.

The officicals had no effect on the outcome of the game, but they were as lost as an easter egg. Anyone ever seen that many official timeouts? And the reason we were booing on the lone offensive TD- check this out... Hightlights

Yeh, what was with all the timeouts? I think it was the play clock not setting or resetting right. it's great that you have play clocks, but HS refs aren't used to them.

What was the final score... Ok you got help throughout the game by the Milan coach if he wasn't trying to save plays and players energy and health groups have had Coleman slam it down CPA throat. But that did not happen Milan still won and you still think y'all did so go to Cookeville and see who plays CAK wear your purple and get of thread.

I read this post several times and I still have very little idea what you are trying to say. Milan's coaches were holding back? Not a very good idea in a game decided by 2 points. Who thinks that CPA won? All I see on this thread is people congratulating each other and breaking down the game. I'm gonna try to forget this post and give you another shot at writing one that is coherent and adds to this thread.

Now for my thoughts. First of all, congrats to Milan on getting it done, regardless of injuries or circumstances on the other side of the field. You guys have a great atmosphere and tradition. I thought CPA would be able to pull it out in the second half because of several reasons: I expected Coleman to get tired, which it looked like he did to some degree. CPA's defense has proven over the course of the season to be one of if not the best in 3A, and it seems like they almost always get the stops when they need them late in games. CPA's D didn't disappoint last night, and got all those stops. CPA's coaching staff has impressed me all season, but I sure wish that they had been more creative in the play calling in the second half, as they seemed to be marching backwards on every possession. That's not to take anything away from how well Milan's D played. I read in an earlier post that Cranford was hurt, i must have missed that does anyone know what happened? I was wondering why CPA didn't try to get the ball in his hands more. If Wharton or Kemp had been given the more opportunities to throw in the 2nd half, I feel like there were opportunities to be had there. But alas, they know much more than I do so I have to assume that they were doing what they thought would give CPA the best chance to win. Both teams played their hearts out so congrats to CPA on it's best season since '02 and good luck to Milan at state.

Side note: It seems that some people had issue with the PA announcer, but to me his cheerleading was more humorous than bothersome. It's your home field, so I feel like you can do what you want in those regards since it has very little effect if any on the game. What I did have a problem with was the play-clock operator. In the first half, when it was working, the play clock would often start WAY before the chains were set, and sometimes even before the ball was set. Not trying to accuse anyone of cheating, but c'mom, people are gonna notice that.

Edited by matt610

I read this post several times and I still have very idea what you are trying to say. Milan's coaches were holding back? Not a very good idea in a game decided by 2 points. Who thinks that CPA won? All I see on this thread is people congratulating each other and breaking down the game. I'm gonna try to forget this post and give you another shot at writing one that is coherent and adds to this thread.

Now for my thoughts. First of all, congrats to Milan on getting it done, regardless of injuries or circumstances on the other side of the field. You guys have a great atmosphere and tradition. I thought CPA would be able to pull it out in the second half because of several reasons: I expected Coleman to get tired, which it looked like he did to some degree. CPA's defense has proven over the course of the season to be one of if not the best in 3A, and it seems like they almost always get the stops when they need them late in games. CPA's D didn't disappoint last night, and got all those stops. CPA's coaching staff has impressed me all season, but I sure wish that they had been more creative in the play calling in the second half, as they seemed to be marching backwards on every possession. That's not to take anything away from how well Milan's D played. I read in an earlier post that Cranford was hurt, i must have missed that does anyone know what happened? I was wondering why CPA didn't try to get the ball in his hands more. If Wharton or Kemp had been given the more opportunities to throw in the 2nd half, I feel like there were opportunities to be had there. But alas, they know much more than I do so I have to assume that they were doing what they thought would give CPA the best chance to win. Both teams played their hearts out so congrats to CPA on it's best season since '02 and good luck to Milan at state.

Side note: It seems that some people had issue with the PA announcer, but to me his cheerleading was more humorous than bothersome. It's your home field, so I feel like you can do what you want in those regards since it has very little effect if any on the game. What I did have a problem with was the play-clock operator. In the first half, when it was working, the play clock would often start WAY before the chains were set, and sometimes even before the ball was set. Not trying to accuse anyone of cheating, but c'mom, people are gonna notice that.

Even though the clock was being run by an official I agree with your assessment. The clock would be started before the ball was blown in for play. It was a great high school football game and good luck to the dawgs!

No offense taken. I was just pointing out how silly your argument was.

My argument was that Milan's defense held CPA's starting offense to 1 TD. I didn't think that it was silly until I seen bulldawgs#1's post. CPA really never scored. Thanks for correcting my silly argument.