CAK vs Austin East (AE)

FootballDad

Congratulations to AE for a fantastic season :thumb: The Roadrunners played hard and never gave up. They kept the pressure on the entire game. I think AE represented themselves well and it was encouraging to see them bring a nice crowd. Hope to see you again next year, playing quality opponents like AE is what it takes to make us better, Iron Sharpens Iron.

And finally, congrats to my Warriors!!! You did yourself proud tonight by hanging tough when things weren't going our way. I was impressed with AE's defense and their overall athleticism, but that even makes the compliments about CAK's offense even better. I still believe CAK's receiving corp from top to bottom is the best I've seen in a long time. They went against a tough press coverage tonight on top of AE dropping 7 & 8 men into coverage at times and still came up big. The QB was spot on most of the night with some pinpoint passes that would have been picked if it weren't for such accurate passes and aggressive receivers fighting for the ball. The D had their hands full for the 2nd straight week against some very big linemen and some very fast backs and receivers. It wasn't the defenses best game, but they came up big by being gritty in some very important situations. Congrats to the entire team and all those former team members that were there tonight wearing their letterman's jackets proudly and encouraging their former teammates. Now its on to Cookeville :thumb:

A big Congratulations to CAK!

CAK will bring back to East Tennessee the State Championship.

I am really excited about this game as throughout the year CAK has shown they can play with any team at any level and win too. Not only has CAK taken out Alcoa twice this year, this victory over AE solidifies CAK as the real package. Just a little upset the breaking of Tanner’s record LOL :) but this is the dream team for Arial assaults in 2011.

Good Job Men. This final game will be a huge test but I have confidence in CAK ability to never give up and never surrender to any team.

Thanks CAK......... AC Mavericks pulling for you guys and our prayers are with you!

A big Congratulations to CAK!

CAK will bring back to East Tennessee the State Championship.

I am really excited about this game as throughout the year CAK has shown they can play with any team at any level and win too. Not only has CAK taken out Alcoa twice this year, this victory over AE solidifies CAK as the real package. Just a little upset the breaking of Tanner’s record LOL :) but this is the dream team for Arial assaults in 2011.

Good Job Men. This final game will be a huge test but I have confidence in CAK ability to never give up and never surrender to any team.

Thanks CAK......... AC Mavericks pulling for you guys and our prayers are with you!

Thanks, thats a very nice compliment. :flower: I hope our boys can live up to the tradition of E.TN football when we go to Cookeville. We know a lot of teams in E.TN are pulling for us. As are the W.TN teams for Milan. Should be a good game.

Edited by FootballDad

I am thrilled to win this game and advance to have an opportunity to win a state championship. A couple of observations on this game. On a positive note, the coaching staff did an absolute tremendous job shuffling personnel. The movement of 58, 18, 90, and 75 was genius. Also, rotating at one corner (with 16, 25, and 5) was excellent, as has been noted in previous games. If I may offer a comment where it could have been handled better, early in the 3rd, the other corner should have been rotated as well. Having 2 of the three of 16, 25, and 5 on the field at the same time changes our defense dramatically. It also changes the way opposing coaches call plays, which could be seen in the offensive change in the Alcoa game. This was the semis, and it was time to do what is best for the TEAM. There was an opportunity to but our best athletes on the field and put some separation between these two teams. Secondly, we need to improve on how to run out the clock. We took way too many unnecessary risks at the end of the game. With no time outs left and 2 minutes on the clock, there was no need to hand the ball off and run directly up the middle at number 10. A simple kneel down would have accomplished the same thing without risking number one a hand off, and number 2 a strip / fumble during a tackle, while running at the opponent's best player. While we were running out the clock, the only way CAK could lose was a fumble, and we took unnecessary risks. Having said that, what an exciting time to be a CAK fan. This week is going to be exciting but long waiting on Friday afternoon!

Edited by Govolsknox

I am thrilled to win this game and advance to have an opportunity to win a state championship. A couple of observations on this game. On a positive note, the coaching staff did an absolute tremendous job shuffling personnel. The movement of 58, 18, 90, and 75 was genius. Also, rotating at one corner (with 16, 25, and 5) was excellent, as has been noted in previous games. If I may offer a comment where it could have been handled better, early in the 3rd, the other corner should have been rotated as well. Having 2 of the three of 16, 25, and 5 on the field at the same time changes our defense dramatically. It also changes the way opposing coaches call plays, which could be seen in the offensive change in the Alcoa game. This was the semis, and it was time to do what is best for the TEAM. There was an opportunity to but our best athletes on the field and put some separation between these two teams. Secondly, we need to improve on how to run out the clock. We took way too many unnecessary risks at the end of the game. With no time outs left and 2 minutes on the clock, there was no need to hand the ball off and run directly up the middle at number 10. A simple kneel down would have accomplished the same thing without risking number one a hand off, and number 2 a strip / fumble during a tackle, while running at the opponent's best player. While we were running out the clock, the only way CAK could lose was a fumble, and we took unnecessary risks. Having said that, what an exciting time to be a CAK fan. This week is going to be exciting but long waiting on Friday afternoon!

I was thinking the same exact thing GVK at the game about that very point and said so much to the guys sitting beside me. However; it worked out for us this time and we're moving on to Cookeville. :D

Congratulations to CAK.

Thanks 'CBNS' :flower: Your Roadrunners were very worthy opponents and didn't disappoint in regards to their athleticism and hard play. AE put some mighty fine athletes on the field last Friday and I can see why they made it to the semi-finals. The fake FG was pretty sneaky and well executed :thumb: Defensively AE is tough, fortunately our passing game limited #10's impact and despite nice man coverage by a couple of your DB's, accurate passes, precise route running & athletic receivers won most of those battles. Since this was our first time ever meeting with AE in football, I'm curious about your honest opinion on CAK. Did we earn some props or do you think we still have something to prove to you?

Edited by FootballDad

Congratulations to CAK.

Thanks for the nice post Columbia. Would have liked to have met you last Friday before the game. Your team was impressive. The offense looked pretty potent to me and the defense had a fantastic year as a whole. Definitely a lot of team speed. I was also really impressed with the way both teams conducted themselves on the field with no extra curricular activity even with a lot of pressure on both teams. Hope we get to see the Roadrunners next year.