Milan VS CAK

Slim88

I've got much respect for Milan and look forward to bantering with you this week. CAK doesn't have too many posters on Coacht so I guess this thread will be dominated by Bulldog fans, ha. Since we've never been to the "ship" before you guys will have to give us some tips on how to handle it all from a fans perspective. I hear Bobbie Q's has good BQ their in Cookeville :hungry:

Just a little info on CAK: we started our football program 11 years ago, we have an enrollment of around 430, we are located in West Knoxville, we have about 56 players on the team including our freshmen, only 8 seniors, and despite what many believe about all privates CAK cannot and does not recruit. We play with the 1.8 multiplier, CAK is not a football factory, although it wouldn't hurt my feelings if we were, ha. And while we like our small, quaint campus and our small & cozy facilities, it appears that Milan's stadium and facilities are much higher end than ours. So hopefully you will find us to be respectful and pleasant. Oh yeah, we don't have any photo shop gurus so you probably won't be as entertained with all the creative artistic posts that our friends from Alcoa are so good at. Although I may have to employee their services for a post or two. :D

Edited by FootballDad

As a rule: I never eat BBQ east of Kentucky Lake, and the closer to Memphis the better. East TN does better football, overall and generally, but the BBQ recipes haven't made their way east yet. I have no idea what to expect from CAK. Y'all put out the champs so we all owe you a pat on the back for that. This isn't our best team and we're still pretty young, but we do have talent and some of the best coaches around. I look forward to not seeing someone other than the beasts in maroon.

Looking forward to a Milan/CAK game finally. It's been stated many times, here on coach T, that

CAK was the second best team when Alcoa was winning all those championships. I thought it would

have been a heck of game and still do.

Milan will be considered the underdog in this game and without a doubt CAK will be the best

team we've played. This might not be our most talented team in recent years, but they are playing

good solid football and seem to know that their No. 1 fan, Mr. Charlie Reagan, is rooting them on.

Good luck to both teams

Milan by a field goal.

As a rule: I never eat BBQ east of Kentucky Lake, and the closer to Memphis the better. East TN does better football, overall and generally, but the BBQ recipes haven't made their way east yet. I have no idea what to expect from CAK. Y'all put out the champs so we all owe you a pat on the back for that. This isn't our best team and we're still pretty young, but we do have talent and some of the best coaches around. I look forward to not seeing someone other than the beasts in maroon.

I certainly can't blame you for that! :D Those maroon monsters are certainly beasts and we were fortunate to get past them twice within 3 weeks. I don't think you will confuse us with them, ha, we approach the game from a different angle. They are more like a tank/bulldozer and we are more like a guided missile, but both are effective, just in different ways.

Looking forward to a Milan/CAK game finally. It's been stated many times, here on coach T, that

CAK was the second best team when Alcoa was winning all those championships. I thought it would

have been a heck of game and still do.

Milan will be considered the underdog in this game and without a doubt CAK will be the best

team we've played. This might not be our most talented team in recent years, but they are playing

good solid football and seem to know that their No. 1 fan, Mr. Charlie Reagan, is rooting them on.

Good luck to both teams

Milan by a field goal.

OK, so the posturing begins ;) Not that it really matters, but I would contend that Milan would be the favored team. You have a better overall record, were ranked higher in the last AP poll, and you have been to this game several times before. Of course I understand the thought process that we knocked off Alcoa and that alone could make CAK the favored team, but I believe at best this matchup should be considered a push, but I see CAK coming in as the underdog primarily because of Milan's history, its our first time in this game and we have never played on turf.

Edited by FootballDad

Maybe some of you Milan fans will load up the smoker and haul it to Cookeville with you and we can congregate in the parking lot for a tailgate. I'll throw a few bucks in the jar to get to taste some of that Memphis style BBQ. :hungry: