FCS VS Dresden

therealfan

West TN football is weak...always has been...FCA by 35 popcorneater.gif Dressdan mighta finished 4th in region 4 roflol.gif

Truth is the shoulda, wouldda,coulda's and the maybe's and might's and take it to the bank's and the "you think I'm kiddin' but I'm nots" are all history now. People can say what they want about West TN and it just fuels our fire. There is a VERY good chance that the east end is gonna get a surprising wake up call this weekend. None the less, I'm supporting all the west end teams that will be in Cookville and like I've already posted there are at least 3 Gold Balls likely coming back over here this time. Actually in Div.II I believe we already have one so............!

Next thing ya' know the championship games may be moved to Johnson City to get as long of a trip as possible from us but, we would still be there then! We are like a bad habit.....hard as heck to break.

I know some of the Dresden faithful and support them all the way. Same with Henry Co.! Don't have much regular contact with Milan but will be pulling for them as well. Know nothing at all about Wayne Co. except they beat a very tough team in Huntingdon to get over there to Cookville. I hope they can pull one off but kinda thinking South Pitt in that one. Know even less about Whitehaven and not sure they can even ruffle Maryville's feathers so we will see. Maryville are the Rebels and it's really hard for me to support against that!!!!

Seems like almost every opponent that Dresden has faced took them for granted. Once early in the season I did say that I didn't think they were strong enough to win our district and it proved out they weren't at that time but they are in Cookville and none of the rest of us are so shut up and play. From what I"ve seen, the Lions are gonna show up dead serious about winning the Gold. One won't automatically take home the Gold this time in 2A just because they are from east TN.

Go LIONS!!!

Edited by duckman38201

Wasn't the movie Deliverance filmed in East Tn? Granted we have a hog farm close to our school but the hogs are used for food not recreational purposes like in the middle/ eastern parts of the state.

Can you say squeal like a pig? :o

LOL, that's funny but I was thinking more along the lines of the movie "Friday" and the sequil!!!!!

Truth is the shoulda, wouldda,coulda's and the maybe's and might's and take it to the bank's and the "you think I'm kiddin' but I'm nots" are all history now. People can say what they want about West TN and it just fuels our fire. There is a VERY good chance that the east end is gonna get a surprising wake up call this weekend. None the less, I'm supporting all the west end teams that will be in Cookville and like I've already posted there are at least 3 Gold Balls likely coming back over here this time.

Next thing ya' know the championship games may be moved to Bristol to get as long of a trip as possible from us but, we would still be there then! We are like a bad habit.....hard as heck to break.

I know some of the Dresden faithful and support them all the way. Same with Henry Co.! Don't have much regular contact with Milan but will be pulling for them as well. Know nothing at all about Wayne Co. except they beat a very tough team in Huntingdon to get over there to Cookville. I hope they can pull one off but kinda thinking South Pitt in that one. Know even less about Whitehaven and not sure they can even ruffle Maryville's feathers so we will see. Maryville are the Rebels and it's really hard for me to support against that!!!!

Seems like almost every opponent that Dresden has faced took them for granted. Once early in the season I did say that I didn't think they were strong enough to win our district and it proved out they weren't at that time but they are in Cookville and none of the rest of us are so shut up and play. From what I"ve seen, the Lions are gonna show up dead serious about winning the Gold. One won't automatically take home the Gold this time in 2A just because they are from east TN.

Go LIONS!!!

You have got to understand that these posters are not the FCS football team or coaches. I spoke with the coaches today, and trust me they are not overlooking you. Said you have a fine team and that we would have to give great effort if we want to win. So dont let these non FCS people trick you we will be ready for a DOG FIGHT. Good luck to all.

You have got to understand that these posters are not the FCS football team or coaches. I spoke with the coaches today, and trust me they are not overlooking you. Said you have a fine team and that we would have to give great effort if we want to win. So dont let these non FCS people trick you we will be ready for a DOG FIGHT. Good luck to all.

Don't take me wrong, I know that. I've gone round and round with some of these guys for years. I expect nothiong but class from FC and from Dresden. I'm not even from Dresden. They beat us to eventually get to ya'll. We beat them in regular season play and lost to them in the first round of the playoffs. My feelings on this are if you have to lose, lose to the best. Dresden is only about 15 miles from me and in our district. I have friends aplenty from there too. And I support them now as I hope they would us.

Gotta be honest though, it really gets us fired up when we start getting put down just because we're from west TN even if it's not the team our area kids are coming to play.

Good luck to Dresden and safe travel and game to both teams. Thank you for this post, finally someone with sanity and class.

Edited by duckman38201

Thanks for the support Duckman. I hope the boys go to Cookeville with the same mentality, heart & toughness that they have had in the last 4 playoff games. These boys haven't been picked to win a game yet & have won them all convincingly. It may bother us fans when people don't give our Lions a chance but it really just fires our boys up to play even harder & they could really care less what others are saying. GO LIONS!!! DLU!!!