Maplewood Panthers versus Greeneville Greene Devils

midtnmale

There is no limit on the number of un-paid or volunteer coaches that these schools can have. The only requirement TSSAA has is that the names of all (high school) "non-faculty" (volunteer) coaches must be submitted to the TSSAA each year and that the volunteers must complete the National Federation of High School Coaches Education Program in a TSSAA-approved course within two years of his/her employment and must attend the TSSAA coaches training session within the first year of being named a coach. I believe several years ago, Parkins added an additional requirement that they also undergo a criminal background check. Greeneville has dne an excellent job, bringing former players on board in both paid and unpaid positions. The county schools could do a beter job targeting young teachers with a college athletic background and a desire to begin a coaching career.

I know what the TSSAA says barb, but the Greene County school trumps them and does limit the number of non-faculty coaches.

Although 89-50 may still be a stretch, I do think Greeneville will win the conference. I just don't think it will be a breeze! Dunk contest in 2nd half? How many players on greenevilles team can dunk? Now I don't mean how many can dunk in practice by running in from the 3-pt line while their teammates say "hey, watch this johnny can dunk". How many can actually dunk while dribbling (required in basketball) and with the other teams playing defense (most teams at least try this, some better than others).

As for this Saturday: greeneville wins!

Greeneville has bout four players that can but two of them are constitent at it.... And it won't be a breeze some of the brac competition is good and it's basketball anything can happen :thumb:

SHARKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Privates and open zoned schools. Pick up 5 players and not have to worry about the other 45 that would be at the school to in fact change their classification. Get ready! Factoring up open zoned schools will be considered in the next reclassification

Don't see that happening by next season when they reclassify everyone. If it does all of Greene Co. will be unhappy since its all open-zoned. Not to mention alot of other counties across tn that aren't even great at sports.

listen buddy, you may wanna stop all this #### talk. real talk.. dont worry about henry co. what you need to be thinkin about is how your going to get that pitchfork out your #### this sat. you guys are holding onto this, oh we held the devils to only 17 points last year.. and your right BUT look at the #### hole we come to mud ankle deep??really? and we still beat you all. greeneville was not trying to run up the score they come for a .W. and got it.. you will be playin real ball this sat you say your team is bigger,faster,stronger?? we are way better than last year my friend sorry about you but your maplewood powder puffs are running into a team thats in it to WIN..and I PROMISE MAPLEWOOD WILL NOT WIN LMAO! greeneville is ranked number 1 in the state and after sat it will be the same GO DEVILS 2010&2011 STATE CHAMPS!!!!! devils win 49-14

just for fun.

Devil Star player d-line "man lets blame all this mud on why we cant run up the score" greendline2.jpggreenhidefootball.jpg

Devil Second string 4.3er "i think we should hide the ball in the mud to cover our fear also!"

mini2panther.jpg Big Bad Panther "umm guys i still smell it!"

Greeneville is going to hit you hard.Late hits and hits in the back are going to cost the team.Coaches are going to praise a clean hard hit.You get a 15 yard penaltiy or a bad hit that cost a touchdown like last week.I doubt your going to get a"good job son" on the sidelines.

:Greeneville coaches to a man.SON-hit them like your straight out of Hades{but not late}

devh.jpg

Edited by BatmanDB

I know what the TSSAA says barb, but the Greene County school trumps them and does limit the number of non-faculty coaches.

really? so how many do they allow? I remember a big deal was made about volunteer assistants at elementary schools...I can't however find anything in board policy stating the limits. If that's the case, it creates an inequity in their ability to be competitive in sports. Why hasn't anybody challenged them? That is a law suit waiting to happen.

anyway you all might remember when this happened. I had just moved into town from Ottway and there was a big deal at the elementary school there over a volunteer assistant.I can't recall the details but these 2 stories were in response to the situation.

http://greenevillesun.com/story/270523

http://greenevillesun.com/story/270923

really? so how many do they allow? I remember a big deal was made about volunteer assistants at elementary schools...I can't however find anything in board policy stating the limits. If that's the case, it creates an inequity in their ability to be competitive in sports. Why hasn't anybody challenged them? That is a law suit waiting to happen.

anyway you all might remember when this happened. I had just moved into town from Ottway and there was a big deal at the elementary school there over a volunteer assistant.I can't recall the details but these 2 stories were in response to the situation.

http://greenevillesun.com/story/270523

http://greenevillesun.com/story/270923

They are allowed 1 volunteer assistant in basketball and 3 in football (maybe just 2 in football). Sometimes paid assistants split the already-low assistant supplement...and yes this does definitely affect the attempt to build a program, especially in football when you have 70 boys to coach with 6 coaches (or less). Elementary schools are allowed 1 assistant in football (2 coaches for ? Kids).