District 12AA 2012

GCBSBLL9

Dale Burdick from Summit. He was the starting shortstop for Independence last year as a freshman.

Out of all the players in 12AA he is the top player to watch? I didnt hear anything special from this kid last year. i hope he comes to play and shows me differently

Hickman County

Kellen Beard SS/P Senior - makes very few errors at shortstop and good on the mound. he is quick will be a threat on the base paths

Blane Wright 3rd/C/P Senior - consistent at the hot corner, solid at the play, and will help the bulldogs on the mound. he has a good bat, he will be a hard out for many pitchers.

and Aaron Hays Senior - OF/P good arm, hits sports and can track down a ball pretty good in the outfield

Marshall county

Cody Vernon P Senior - Main position is pitching. he moves the ball very well and the igers will be very dependent on him.

Spring Hill

Dathan Prewett SS/2B Senior - Starter on Team Tennessee, MTSU signee, lightning quick, good bat and great plate discipline. He is a threat on the basepaths and is not afraid to take the extra base.

Luke Bigler SS/2B/1B Senior - made Espn player of the week last year. phynaminal stick and very fluent with the long ball, but the new bats may be a difference this year.

Taylor Ellis C Senior - My opinion the best catcher in the division. Very strong arm, it will be hard to steal a base on him, also good with the stick.

Heath Petty P Senior - Left handed pitcher with good velocity and hits spots very well.

Cole Barksdale P Junior - another lefty with good velocity and a off the table curve.

Jake Usher 3B/2B/P Junior - Hard throwing righty that hits spots very well and has power at the plate.

Darien Prewett OF Sophomore - A returning varsity player that made clutch catches late last year to save the Raiders in a couple of games. his speed and bat will help the Raiders.

I havent really heard of anybody other than these few players. I hope I am wrong and somebody comes out of the shadows to play good baseball.

Out of all the players in 12AA he is the top player to watch? I didnt hear anything special from this kid last year. i hope he comes to play and shows me differently

You didn't hear anything about the kid because he was starting at SS for a AAA state tournament team as a freshman. He transferred over to Summitt this year. Watch out for Summitt they will contend for the district possibly this year.

• Upvote 1

Very poor first post Toopanga. First off I never said he'd be the top player though he might be. The question was who will be top players. Work on your reading comprehension. And I guess you've been living under a rock and don't follow any other baseball outside of 12AA. As IndyEagle09 pointed out and as I stated, he played for Independence High School last year. Summit is a new school that is about to play it's first season of baseball ever. He was re-zoned to the new school. Dale was the starting shortstop on a AAA baseball power as a Freshman. He was a key player on a team that came close to winning the AAA state championship last year. Do a basic internet search and see how he is viewed on a national level. Colleges are falling over themselves with verbal offers. He is such a great athlete that after taking a year off from football he came back out this past season and was named a 12AA all district quarterback as a sophomore on a team that went 0-10!

You hope he comes to play and shows you differently? What an absurd statement. I guess you spent a lot of time watching Indy take on Franklin, Ravenwood, and Brentwood last year? Sorry dude. If SEC coaches are impressed enough to ask him to come play for them in three years I think he'll meet your lofty standards.

Edited by SummaryJudgment

You didn't hear anything about the kid because he was starting at SS for a AAA state tournament team as a freshman. He transferred over to Summitt this year. Watch out for Summitt they will contend for the district possibly this year.

Thanks Indy. Coach has been working the boys hard and now that a few of the players are finished with basketball the team is complete and getting ready for March 12th. Good luck to the Eagles this season.

Edited by SummaryJudgment

Hickman County

Kellen Beard SS/P Senior - makes very few errors at shortstop and good on the mound. he is quick will be a threat on the base paths

Blane Wright 3rd/C/P Senior - consistent at the hot corner, solid at the play, and will help the bulldogs on the mound. he has a good bat, he will be a hard out for many pitchers.

and Aaron Hays Senior - OF/P good arm, hits sports and can track down a ball pretty good in the outfield

Marshall county

Cody Vernon P Senior - Main position is pitching. he moves the ball very well and the igers will be very dependent on him.

Spring Hill

Dathan Prewett SS/2B Senior - Starter on Team Tennessee, MTSU signee, lightning quick, good bat and great plate discipline. He is a threat on the basepaths and is not afraid to take the extra base.

Luke Bigler SS/2B/1B Senior - made Espn player of the week last year. phynaminal stick and very fluent with the long ball, but the new bats may be a difference this year.

Taylor Ellis C Senior - My opinion the best catcher in the division. Very strong arm, it will be hard to steal a base on him, also good with the stick.

Heath Petty P Senior - Left handed pitcher with good velocity and hits spots very well.

Cole Barksdale P Junior - another lefty with good velocity and a off the table curve.

Jake Usher 3B/2B/P Junior - Hard throwing righty that hits spots very well and has power at the plate.

Darien Prewett OF Sophomore - A returning varsity player that made clutch catches late last year to save the Raiders in a couple of games. his speed and bat will help the Raiders.

I havent really heard of anybody other than these few players. I hope I am wrong and somebody comes out of the shadows to play good baseball.

Doesn't Page have a few players that could do something this year? I wouldn't be surprised to see them compete at the top with Spring Hill and Marshall county. Edited by baseballguy55

I don't thimk hickman county has 3 of the top players in this district...

I believe my quote was Aaron Hays, Kellen Beard, and Blane Wright are all solid seniors for HC...don't know how they will stack up with the rest of the district's quality players, but they are all 3 solid ball players

Edited by HCbaseballfan

I believe my quote was Aaron Hays, Kellen Beard, and Blane Wright are all solid seniors for HC...don't know how they will stack up with the rest of the district's quality players, but they are all 3 solid ball players

Kellen Beard is no doubt one of the top players in the district playing middle infield and at the the plate. He had a great summer for Columbia Post 19 Jrs. Very hard nosed player.