District 12AA 2012

GCBSBLL9

Anybody around the district scrimmged?

LC has Scrimmaged 4 times. For this team, it just depends on if they wanna hit or not. They have 4 solid all around players. Number 11 Caleb Brewer has started since he was a freshman and a pretty good catcher. Number 20 Charter Helton is a good SS. He is a sophomore now. Started as a Freshman. Number 1 Cody Owen is the second baseman. He is a vacuum over there and he is a Sophomore who started as a freshman. And we have a Kid named Ryan Bell. He is number 6. He moved here from Louisville Kentucky and started up there as an 8th grader at a 5A school. He is the Center Fielder and is a Junior.

Here are the scrimmages we have played.

LC-7

Loretto- 4

LC- 7

Lexington- 3

LC- 6

Collinwood- 3

LC- 0

Perry County- 10

They came out flat against Perry County. Nobody wanting to hit or do anything. Lewis County could have a good season if there sticks stay hot like they are. Obviously it doesn't look like they did good in that last scrimmage but hey, it's pre season, alot of stuff to learn and work on.

LC has Scrimmaged 4 times. For this team, it just depends on if they wanna hit or not. They have 4 solid all around players. Number 11 Caleb Brewer has started since he was a freshman and a pretty good catcher. Number 20 Charter Helton is a good SS. He is a sophomore now. Started as a Freshman. Number 1 Cody Owen is the second baseman. He is a vacuum over there and he is a Sophomore who started as a freshman. And we have a Kid named Ryan Bell. He is number 6. He moved here from Louisville Kentucky and started up there as an 8th grader at a 5A school. He is the Center Fielder and is a Junior.

LC-7

Loretto- 4

LC- 7

Lexington- 3

LC- 6

Collinwood- 3

LC- 0

Perry County- 10

They came out flat against Perry County. Nobody wanting to hit or do anything. Lewis County could have a good season if there sticks stay hot like they are. Obviously it doesn't look like they did good in that last scrimmage but hey, it's pre season, alot of stuff to learn and work on.

I still see LC struggling with SH, MC, and GC espcially now that Ammons has graduated. IDK they may surprise me and others.

LC-7

Loretto- 4

LC- 7

Lexington- 3

LC- 6

Collinwood- 3

LC- 0

Perry County- 10

I still see LC struggling with SH, MC, and GC espcially now that Ammons has graduated. IDK they may surprise me and others.

Page beat Centennial in a scrimmage 10-7. Page might surprise some people this year.

I may be mistaken, but i thought the Page-Centennial scrimmage ended 13-13 in 11 innings.

I wouldn't read too much into this either. I heard from some people who were at the game that Centennial did not pitch anyone who will be a varsity pitcher this year. I also heard that it was 7-2 in Centennial's favor when they started to take out the varsity position players.

Page didn't play well on defense, which could be a problem in this district with teams that usually put the ball in play like GC, SH, and MC. Their pitching is average. They do however hit the ball pretty good and will try to steal bases all night long but I don't think they will win against the top teams because of a lack of good pitching and their poor defense.

You're right. Nobody can replace Desi Ammons. They will have their hands full with SH, MC, and GC. I think they can at least beat one of those teams though. I don't know. But they have had a pretty good pre season. They still need to work. Like every other team.

How did everyone turn out on opening day?

SH drop a 5-2 decision to Eagleville. SH made several errors that hurt. Plus Smith pitched for Eagleville and he is pretty good!

Going off the scoreboard...

HC 4 Waverly Central 2

Blackman 6 MC 1

Page 5 Community 4

GC 1 Lincoln County 0

Centennial 15 Summit 2

Giles looked awful last night. MC was there to scout and I'd say they went home laughing. Could be murder on Monday/Tuesday...

Giles did have a off game and it was an all around team loss, but GC has potential to be an outstanding ball club which they showed with perfect defense and great pitching with a shutout against a very well hitting Lincoln County team