District 12AA 2012

GCBSBLL9

Ok I see where this is headed. If I really took it personal I would ask you to meet me somewhere and lets talk about it. I dont hide behind a screen name. Real Bobcat fans know who I am. They know I support the CATS 100% I dont bash a group of young men that have put in the work and be told they are tearing down a Power. We will just have to agree to disagree on this matter and let it go, unless you want to meet? GO CATS!!!

Well it looks like it's gonna be a "fun family atmosphere" at the bobcat's games this year !

Edited by HOOKEM

Coach Laxson doesn't hide behind the screen name. I also don't bash the kids, but I'm honest with them 100% like I am with my own son, and my father was with me. I don't think there's a whole lot for us to get together and talk about, other than at a game.

Edited by SuperSport

The first game with Spring Hill and Lewis County was a good game up until the 5th inning. LC's starting Pitcher that night was number 6, Ryan Bell and Spring Hill only had 2 hits off of him. His infielders made tons of errors. Then he came out when it was 4-1 in the 5th inning when it should have been 2-1. but the SH took over after that cause there was nothing we could do. Petty threw a wonderful game. We call Spring Hill "the beast" in this district. We say that so our boys can get pumped up when we play them. Only one person came pumped up and that was our pitcher that night.

LC is 5-3 now. 0-2 in district.

Is everyone in the district on Spring Break?

Page lost a sloppy 1st game at Marshall Co 14-6 Monday (5 errors 10 unearned runs}. The Patriots were perhaps still hungover from being swept by a scrappy Summit team last week, Spartans outright beat us in first game, then we lost heartbreaker in bottom of 7th giving up 5 runs with 2 outs. Credit Brown with shuffling the lineup and somehow getting his team focused for the second Marshall game (makeup from Thursday rainout) after a beat down in game one, Jr pitcher Patrick Hood carried a no-no in to the 6th inning, finally surrendering 2 hits and 1 run, but defense made the plays in the 7th and we took a 2-1 win home. Simple game...good pitching and defense (no errors in 2nd game) can win games. Vernon kept the top of Page's order off balance with a ton of deuces and struck out his fair share (can anyone confirm he's signed with Martin Meth?). Marshall Co boys can still hit. Thank goodness for BBCOR or there would have been at least 2 bombs by Marshall in 1st game. IMHOP Marshall has best concessions in district-Wt beans and cornbread were awesome!

Page hosted Fairview Tuesday night and seemed to keep the momentum going. Sr Pitcher Ross Potere used 59 pitches to no-hit Fairview in a 5 inning 11-0 Page victory. Page goes to Fairview tomorrow, then has 4 games in 2 days in the Riverdale Warrior Classic. Page boys have played like many Patriot supporters have hoped they would the last two games, hope it keeps rolling.

LC loses both matches with Marshall. #6 Bell looked good hitting both games. He went 2-3 during each game. He had 2 triples the first game. That's about all LC has. They play Fairview next week. Let's hope they don't go in there all cocky. Their over all record is 6 wins and 6 losses. I hope they play better then they have been playing.

Page 5 Fairview 4

Complete game by Jr Taylor Cathey 5 K's no BB

Sloppy first couple of innings for Page defensively, but settled down and got it done.

Fairview played well in the field both games, may jump up and bite somebody if Lefty that started game 2 gets healthy.

Fairview has definitely improved defensively and on the mound. SS looks really good.