Mr. Football Question

Gerry Bertier

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Every year I ask this question, do you think the TSSAA should award a Mr. Football award to each class instead of lumping to classifications together. It is ok for the TSSAA to profit from 6 champions, but we can't recognized 6 more deserving student athletes? Really would like to see a push for this change.

I totally agree - have thought the same thing before. It is always a good thing for statewide recognition of high school athletes. For some of these players it will be one of the biggest highlights of their life.

Every year I ask this question, do you think the TSSAA should award a Mr. Football award to each class instead of lumping to classifications together. It is ok for the TSSAA to profit from 6 champions, but we can't recognized 6 more deserving student athletes? Really would like to see a push for this change.

Actually sounds like a pretty good idea. I don't like the way the classes are arranged now but you are right if there is a state champion in each class there should also be a Mr. Football for each class.

On a side note, I would like to see a way for the 6 state champions to square off against each other to find one true state champion. I have no idea how this could work with scheduling and the extra games running into basketball and such and I imagine it would be very difficult but also very cool to see.

Actually sounds like a pretty good idea. I don't like the way the classes are arranged now but you are right if there is a state champion in each class there should also be a Mr. Football for each class.

On a side note, I would like to see a way for the 6 state champions to square off against each other to find one true state champion. I have no idea how this could work with scheduling and the extra games running into basketball and such and I imagine it would be very difficult but also very cool to see.

That would take 3 more games if you include Div II. What you might do is add one game, have the Class A , Class AA and Class AAA winners play since they are currently in the same districs during the regular season. As a CAK fan, if we do beat Milan, I am not sure we would want to then face Greeneville. On the other hand, if they win, I would love to see a Powell and Maryville match up

NO!

I agree.. Per 3A for Gerry and bulldawg fan #2 I would like to see Deondre Moore and If Arkel Coleman is a junior in the running for the award next year. Both are outstanding football players with a ton of talent. Both would be deserving of the award.

Slim, I may have misunderstood your post, but are you saying Deondre Moore is only a junior? If that is the case, I definitely would hate for my bulldawgs to run up against your yellowjackets again next year. That kid was amazing.