Gibson County Obion County

pioneer42

Gibson County lost a hard fought game 67-63 against probably on paper one of the most talented teams in AA. Obion on paper has had talent enough the last 4 years to win the state, but always seem to choke in the region semis. Hate to harp on officiating, but the big center for OC must have been related to all the officials because she fouled GC all night and stood in the lane all night but got away with it. Yet GC got called for every little touch on her. She's a good player, but I can tell you if that game would have been played in M boro she would have fouled out in 3rd quarter. Sorry to harp, but it's a disgrace when one team can play physical and the other can't. OC and GC will be a tough game for whoever this year. I haven't seen Covington or Dyersburg play this year, but I would be suprised if 2 teams from 13 AA didn't go to M boro. Bet it will be OC and GC.

Not bashing your post, but the fouling was going on by both teams. I honestly thought that the game was pretty well officiated. It was continous atleast. It was pretty annoying when I did hear OC fans yell that our girls were walking everytime they touched the ball. OC has a good team and I was impressed to see Gibson carry a 37-30 lead into the half. Unfortunately, we couldn't hang on. We shot the ball very well in the first half and went cold in the second half. We had no answer for Brandy Goodman and I doubt many teams do have an answer for her this year. OC should be a contender for a state title this year. They do need some more of their guards to step up. Paige Hicks came off the bench and did play well. Good game played by both teams!

Not bashing your post, but the fouling was going on by both teams. I honestly thought that the game was pretty well officiated. It was continous atleast. It was pretty annoying when I did hear OC fans yell that our girls were walking everytime they touched the ball. OC has a good team and I was impressed to see Gibson carry a 37-30 lead into the half. Unfortunately, we couldn't hang on. We shot the ball very well in the first half and went cold in the second half. We had no answer for Brandy Goodman and I doubt many teams do have an answer for her this year. OC should be a contender for a state title this year. They do need some more of their guards to step up. Paige Hicks came off the bench and did play well. Good game played by both teams!

Obion has a great team, but it was very obvious the OC coach was crying to the refs most of the second half after every timeout pleading for calls when he was getting the calls already. I will agree that GC went cold in the second half, but there was a 4 or 5 minute stretch where there were obvious hacks especially on Joyce's arms when she shot as well as over the backs on rebounds and body contacts all night that wasn't called. I was setting low on the GC side in the second half. I counted 5 or 6 times where OC's center was in the lane for 5 or 6 seconds. I think they got 4 or 5 more calls than we did, and the calls should have gone our way. In a tight game, this swings games. But every one has their own opinion and that's what makes the world go round. I think GC has great perimeter shooters and 3 good players down low if they get the ball down there. I am happy with the coaches. I think there players have improved a lot from last years team. Three things I wished Coach Hart would do more of: get the ball to the low post more (we will have more uncontested threes and keep teams honest), set more screens (especially for Haynes), and mix a little zone in on defense (make Obion beat us from outside). It is what it is. I have seen games where GC gets more of the calls. I just thought OC got them last night. Last year in the region when OC played Liberty refs didn't let her push people around. Just sayin.

Obion has a great team, but it was very obvious the OC coach was crying to the refs most of the second half after every timeout pleading for calls when he was getting the calls already. I will agree that GC went cold in the second half, but there was a 4 or 5 minute stretch where there were obvious hacks especially on Joyce's arms when she shot as well as over the backs on rebounds and body contacts all night that wasn't called. I was setting low on the GC side in the second half. I counted 5 or 6 times where OC's center was in the lane for 5 or 6 seconds. I think they got 4 or 5 more calls than we did, and the calls should have gone our way. In a tight game, this swings games. But every one has their own opinion and that's what makes the world go round. I think GC has great perimeter shooters and 3 good players down low if they get the ball down there. I am happy with the coaches. I think there players have improved a lot from last years team. Three things I wished Coach Hart would do more of: get the ball to the low post more (we will have more uncontested threes and keep teams honest), set more screens (especially for Haynes), and mix a little zone in on defense (make Obion beat us from outside). It is what it is. I have seen games where GC gets more of the calls. I just thought OC got them last night. Last year in the region when OC played Liberty refs didn't let her push people around. Just sayin.

You make good points. I'm impressed with Coach Hart's development of the players since last year. Khadijah has gotten alot better since last year as well as Mullins, Ray, and several others. I was impressed with how well GC played against OC last night. I really didn't expect it to be all that close. I see that coach has the girls playing hard and pressing start to finish. Even though we lost, the future still looks bright!