USJ is the best team in West Tennessee

seminole93

USJ is clearly the best team in West TN this year. Everyone agree?

Surely this is a pathetic attempt at humor. USJ and Division II small schools play flag football. No hitting and no intensity. USJ took one crack at playing with the public schools. I have watched USJ play once and watched tapes of both St. George's games. I will watch this afternoon's rematch because I am a huge football fan. There are only 29 Division II, small school teams in the state--in the Land of the Blind, the one-eyed man is king. See how many of the Bruins are offered scholarships. There are many teams in West Tennessee for whom Mayhall could not start. What happens out on Kirkland Field on Friday nights gives real football a bad name. Only tuition-paying parents and the Jackson Sun are impressed.

As for other teams who could beat USJ, leaving out Memphis, which would have a dozen, my list would include: Arlington, Covington, Huntingdon, Lexington, Liberty Magnet, Obion Central, Chester County, Dresden, Henry County (USJ would not cros midfield and would not have enough players left to finish the game), McKenzie...and that's without any serious surveying. USJ is not even the best team in Jackson or in Madison County...on the black? Maybe.

Just keep the delusion going, don't go out into the real world--there are some players out there who would hurt your kids.

Edited by Augielio

@Professor Chaos- I do believe that both Whitehaven and Henry County could and probably would beat USJ. I think Milan would have a difficult time stopping USJ's offense however.

@Aurielio- You obviously have not watched the USJ games very closely to see that their defense is in fact a hard-hitting and very physical group of players, just ask South Side. Moreover, some of the teams that you listed that could beat USJ shows how ignorant you are about high school football. Mayhall could start at any team in the state of Tennessee. Period.

@Professor Chaos- I do believe that both Whitehaven and Henry County could and probably would beat USJ. I think Milan would have a difficult time stopping USJ's offense however.

@Aurielio- You obviously have not watched the USJ games very closely to see that their defense is in fact a hard-hitting and very physical group of players, just ask South Side. Moreover, some of the teams that you listed that could beat USJ shows how ignorant you are about high school football. Mayhall could start at any team in the state of Tennessee. Period.

My football background: assistant high school coach for 10 years, college recruiter for 2 years, scout for 20 years, watch 20-25 games each week (one at least in person and the others on tapes from various schools). I am 72 years old and have been around football for 60 years. What is your football background, by the way?

USJ's defense is hard-itting when? When they are playing other D2 schools. Which teams on my list do you think the Bruins could beat? Just keep the kids inside when real football is played. You can be secure in the little Division II world, I suppose. You will very likely beat St. George's again, playing basketball on grass. How many schools are after Mayhall? What are his dimensions? his 40 time?

Oh, and your PA announcer would drive Job nuts. He was clearly born under the sign of Michael Buffer or some soccer broadcaster.

My football background: assistant high school coach for 10 years, college recruiter for 2 years, scout for 20 years, watch 20-25 games each week (one at least in person and the others on tapes from various schools). I am 72 years old and have been around football for 60 years. What is your football background, by the way?

USJ's defense is hard-itting when? When they are playing other D2 schools. Which teams on my list do you think the Bruins could beat? Just keep the kids inside when real football is played. You can be secure in the little Division II world, I suppose. You will very likely beat St. George's again, playing basketball on grass. How many schools are after Mayhall? What are his dimensions? his 40 time?

Oh, and your PA announcer would drive Job nuts. He was clearly born under the sign of Michael Buffer or some soccer broadcaster.

@Aurielio- I don't need to hear your résumé. I really do not care. Your knowledge is probably the very reason you were not the head coach. Again, ask South Side (since you blatantly avoided that comment) if USJ is hard-hitting. Mayhall is in fact being looked at by several schools, including Mississippi State. Basketball on grass, ha good one.

@Aurielio- I don't need to hear your résumé. I really do not care. Your knowledge is probably the very reason you were not the head coach. Again, ask South Side (since you blatantly avoided that comment) if USJ is hard-hitting. Mayhall is in fact being looked at by several schools, including Mississippi State. Basketball on grass, ha good one.

I have to agree with Aurielio here. Not being a head coach doesn't mean he couldn't have been one. I'd venture to say his football resume is more attractive than yours...

BTW - Mayhall would not start for schools like Maryville, this year's Powell team, Alcoa, & a few other schools I could list. You want to bring up South Side, really??? :roflol:

I have to agree with Aurielio here. Not being a head coach doesn't mean he couldn't have been one. I'd venture to say his football resume is more attractive than yours...

BTW - Mayhall would not start for schools like Maryville, this year's Powell team, Alcoa, & a few other schools I could list. You want to bring up South Side, really??? :roflol:

so you're telling me that despite an SEC school wanting Mayhall to come play for them, that he wouldn't even start at on a high school football team in Tennessee?

Probably his résumé, considering I'm more than forty years younger than Aurielio, but obviously not his football intelligence. And BTW yes he would start there too. With whom are you associated to be able to question a 35-2 beat down of a good South Side team?

Wait. On what planet is South Side considered a "good" team?

actually mayhall clocked a 4.5 40 at the rivals combine. Also, he is much more notorious for his quickness and ability to make tacklers miss; last time I checked the fastest 40 doesn't win football games. But thanks for letting everyone know how great a scout you apparently were. I must say I would be impressed if I didn't know anything about football

actually mayhall clocked a 4.5 40 at the rivals combine. Also, he is much more notorious for his quickness and ability to make tacklers miss; last time I checked the fastest 40 doesn't win football games. But thanks for letting everyone know how great a scout you apparently were. I must say I would be impressed if I didn't know anything about football

4.5 huh? http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/combine/_/id/131269/lee-mayhall