CAK 3A State Champions

cncgonzo

CONGRATULATIONS, my friend! It was God's will for these young warriors to prevail!

Thanks Buc, you've always had complimentary things to say about CAK. :flower: Of course mentioning God and football to the secular world can be risky business. :D Fortunately for us all, not just private Christian schools, we can call on him. I hope the boys and team represented themselves in a way that was pleasing and I'm proud our coach wasn't afraid to thank God publicly even though he gets blasted every time he does. Hope you have a great Christmas, I know my family has already received our gift :thumb:

Edited by FootballDad

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to CAK, I fully remember the 1st big win in the programs history. Probably the toughest loss in our teams history.But I respected your program then and after watching the title game,nothing has changed my mind. You guys played with CLASS and PRIDE.Its easy to see you have great kids with great leadership. You should be proud. Giving the good lord the credit just makes it that much better. I'm a far away fan.

Congrats to CAK, I fully remember the 1st big win in the programs history. Probably the toughest loss in our teams history.But I respected your program then and after watching the title game,nothing has changed my mind. You guys played with CLASS and PRIDE.Its easy to see you have great kids with great leadership. You should be proud. Giving the good lord the credit just makes it that much better. I'm a far away fan.

Thanks so much for those kind & thoughtful words Pujo. I've enjoyed reading your posts over the past few years. Its apparent that you are a die hard high school football fan and love and support your team and community. Good luck to your boys next year and thanks again for a classy post :thumb:

Pujo,

Thank you so much. I remember that night up on the mountain so well and I always thought that was really the beginning of the program that people get to see today. It means a lot that you still are keeping tabs all these years later because everytime I hear news from Roan Mountain, it does send me back. You've always been one of my favorite people to keep up with on CoachT! Maybe one day, we'll get to meet at a football game up at Orr Field or down at Warrior Stadium but either way, thank you for your kind words!

Pujo,

Thank you so much. I remember that night up on the mountain so well and I always thought that was really the beginning of the program that people get to see today. It means a lot that you still are keeping tabs all these years later because everytime I hear news from Roan Mountain, it does send me back. You've always been one of my favorite people to keep up with on CoachT! Maybe one day, we'll get to meet at a football game up at Orr Field or down at Warrior Stadium but either way, thank you for your kind words!

Quite welcome Coachlogan, I've alway pulled for you guys and I knew the days were coming when you would dethron Alcoa. Some people think I dislike private schools,but its actually quite the oppisite. I respect the heck out of people who wants the best for their kids.You guys should be proud to be a part of such a classey bunch.These kids are getting great leadership.They should turn out to be a asset to society.

CONGRATULATIONS, my friend! It was God's will for these young warriors to prevail!

to suggest it was "God's will" for CAK to prevail is a slap in the face to all the teams CAK beat to win the BCBS state Championship...last time I checked..God didn't take sides in football games...are you suggesting that none of players on the teams that CAK beat went to Church and prayed to God every night?

to suggest it was "God's will" for CAK to prevail is a slap in the face to all the teams CAK beat to win the BCBS state Championship...last time I checked..God didn't take sides in football games...are you suggesting that none of players on the teams that CAK beat went to Church and prayed to God every night?

Like your team, my team is on the list of teams that CAK beat this year. Sounds to me like the poster was just trying to highlight the fact that God is omnipotent, all-powerful, all mighty, etc. Even though we may not understand His plan or how He can be in control if we have free will, it is what it is...

God is in control. It was God's will.

Strawman.jpg

By your logic CAK only became a Christian school this year because it is the first state championship...

Only slap in the face is your inability to formulate a good argument. The original post said nothing about the opposing teams, only CAK which won state this season and that CAK was allowed to do so because God allowed it to happen. Now this may or may not be true based on your belief in the supernatural, but it was never inferred that it was because of other teams “ungodlinessâ€. So the argument was never about Christian vs non-Christian, going to church vs not going, praying vs not praying. Now if you want to debate about the character of God and what we can/do know about God, ok fine let’s roll. But to throw out a strawman argument to bash someone is unnecessary. Besides if you have concrete information to prove God doesn’t care about football games, please by all means enlighten me! Post a link to such great information and I will read and be enlightened.

I think god deals with every human being on a personal basis. He can use a football game or anything else as a life lesson. I don't limit God to Sunday school or preaching on Sunday.Gods infinate wisdom is FAR beyond the minds of us humans.All you have to do is look at all the creations and the unique and detailed design to see the magnitute of his knowledge. I'd be willing to bet no two grains of sand are exactly alike,same could be said for ants,trees, birds or anything else. Its mind boggleling to say the least.We as humans are very limited in our overall knowledge.We see horrible things happen and we as humans ask why. Some of us have great lives and plenty are not as fortunate and I wonder why. I can't see as if I've done anything great to have the many blessings I have. His plans are away over our heads and I try not to question things, but as far as I'm concerned,its not Gods will for anything bad to happen. He made everything and give it all free will,but at the same time he watches out for us and cares. He made us to be able to indure the toughest of things. I know I'm getting carried away,but what I'm trying to say is,God could have allowed CAK to win as a teaching tool to a player,a parent,fan or even the waterboy.I'm a firm believer that God uses all walks of life to teach his people. We're all a little near sighted when it comes to the big scheme of things.

So is God now a respecter of persons? Read Acts 10:34. The Warriors won because of their talent, coaching and effort, NOT because God wanted them to win.

I witnessed the 1st big win in in their history. I still to this day believe it was Gods will they won that night. I even said so right after it happened, alot of people thought I was was crazy then,and they might be right ,but alot of rare things happened in their playoff games that season,they didn't win it all,but that season sure jump started their rise to power.