Warren County vs Van Buren County

TheSnowMan

My comment was made from the perspective of a ref. I ref and in our State meetings the State administrator has strictly told us we are not to declare a forfeit or a winner. We can call a game as in end it due to unusual cicumstances but we are not to declare a forfeit at the game. The circumstances are to be reported to TSSAA and they will decided the forfeit and the outcome. That has been our instructions for years.

Will the TSSAA declare the outcome of the game 2moro?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will the TSSAA declare the outcome of the game 2moro?

I am wondering what kind of punishment the TSSAA will hand down on Warren County and its coach. I always thought as a coach you coached between the sidelines and baselines. I have hard time understanding why he pulled his team off floor. If he was being taunted or name called throughout game why didnt he pull team earlier. Why didnt he go to game administator plus officials and ask for fans to be removed. Why not go to officials and opposing coach and tell them you are pulling your team instead of leaving everyone scratching their heads while this was taking place. Seems to me he didnt follow any of the proper channels for the incidents that supposedly were taking place in the bleachers. Would he have pulled his team if he was up 6 in overtime. Why would he ever push/shove/bump opposing player on way to lockerroom. I am thinking the DVD will show that if it happened. Why would a coach not be a peacemaker in a situation like this one instead of being a spark to a hostile situation. What happens to his team now if same situation arises as they go forward in the season. Hard to imagine the TSSAA not asking these type questions as they go forward in their meetings with WC. Also if your child was the one pushed if the official report says that happened then how would you as a parent respond. I personally think that is totally wrong. Laying hands on player of another team is never to be tolerated and if that happened IMO Coach Montgomery was responsible for throwing gas on a situation he has already helped start the fire.

There is never a good reason why a coach should touch a student athlete... when the Warren County coach came on the floor and chest bumped a VB player, he crossed the line... I am very interested in what the TN association decides...

I was at the game my son is on the team. I never saw Coach put his hands on any player or push/bump any player other than trying to maneuver thru the crowd to get his boys off the floor. Actually the VB player pushed Coach. I am also curious to see what TSSAA decides and what, if anything, will come of all the racial slurs that were said during and after the game to the coaches and the players. I heard it myself so no denying that one.

I was at the game my son is on the team. I never saw Coach put his hands on any player or push/bump any player other than trying to maneuver thru the crowd to get his boys off the floor. Actually the VB player pushed Coach. I am also curious to see what TSSAA decides and what, if anything, will come of all the racial slurs that were said during and after the game to the coaches and the players. I heard it myself so no denying that one.

The racial slurs will happen, they happen everywhere. Believe it or not. But you cannot tell me that you saw for a fact that the Coach did not lay his hands or make contact with the players, since it was a big scuffle infront of the visiting lockeroom. I guess TSSAA's verdict and how they interpret all of these unnecessary actions will silence people. Also, Warren County is basically promoting unsportsmanlike conduct. On December 13th they are incouraging people to a "White Out" game, so when Warren scores their first basket of the game, the students and fans throw toilet paper onto the court. Why do something like that? :?:

Did the referees allow excessive mouthing, call too few fouls, call it one-sided, etc? There have already been several incidents throughout the state this year on the basketball court, some talked about on here and lack of control by the officials has been cited as a specific reason for them.

The racial slurs will happen, they happen everywhere. Believe it or not. But you cannot tell me that you saw for a fact that the Coach did not lay his hands or make contact with the players, since it was a big scuffle infront of the visiting lockeroom. I guess TSSAA's verdict and how they interpret all of these unnecessary actions will silence people. Also, Warren County is basically promoting unsportsmanlike conduct. On December 13th they are incouraging people to a "White Out" game, so when Warren scores their first basket of the game, the students and fans throw toilet paper onto the court. Why do something like that? :?:

Yes I am saying I did not see Coach touch any player. I have been to basketball games with my sons for the past 13 or 14 years and I have NEVER heard racial slurs like I did Friday night. I hope TSSAA does silence people if all people can think up to say is racial comments then they need to be silent. Explain to me how doing a "white out" game is unsportsmanlike??? It is merely for fun thats all and honestly Coach Baird (the girls coach) came up with the idea.

Yes I am saying I did not see Coach touch any player. I have been to basketball games with my sons for the past 13 or 14 years and I have NEVER heard racial slurs like I did Friday night. I hope TSSAA does silence people if all people can think up to say is racial comments then they need to be silent. Explain to me how doing a "white out" game is unsportsmanlike??? It is merely for fun thats all and honestly Coach Baird (the girls coach) came up with the idea.

TSSAA, can not silence or make anyone stop with what they are saying. If it bothered your coach so much or you as a matter of fact you could've went and told a school official or a Police Officer, and yes they were there. & The "White Out" game is unsportsmanlike, because it delays the game and calls for a clean up right after the first basket. Also, it can result in Technical Fouls being handed out. But its all fun right? I didn't think the game of basketball, gave people the opportunity to learn how to throw toilet paper. If you want to throw toilet paper wait till Halloween and go TPing houses. :thumb:

TSSAA, can not silence or make anyone stop with what they are saying. If it bothered your coach so much or you as a matter of fact you could've went and told a school official or a Police Officer, and yes they were there. & The "White Out" game is unsportsmanlike, because it delays the game and calls for a clean up right after the first basket. Also, it can result in Technical Fouls being handed out. But its all fun right? I didn't think the game of basketball, gave people the opportunity to learn how to throw toilet paper. If you want to throw toilet paper wait till Halloween and go TPing houses. :thumb:

That is so ridiculous what you just said it's not even worth commenting on. The bottom line is in no way should racial slurs ever be said to a coach, a player, anyone. It's wrong period!!!

I WAS ALSO AT THE GAME AN SAT BEHIND THE WARREN CO. BENCH THERE WERE ABSOLUTLEY NO RACIAL SLURS COMING FROM THE VAN BUREN CO FANS THE COACH WAS UP RAVING ON THE SIDE LINE AN THE CROWD WAS SAYING STUFF LIKE SIT HIM DOWN, THROW HIM OUT NEVER A RACIAL SLUR. THE FIRST T CAME AFTER A VEN BUREN CO FOUL DONT UNDERSTAND WHAT HE WAS MAD AT THERE. AFTER THE FOUL SHOTS A WARREN CO PLAYER PUSHES A VAN BUREN CO PLAY DOWN FLAT ON IS BACK RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE REF BEFOR THE BALL IS EVEN THROWN IN AN OF COURSE HE GETS A T. I THOUGHT HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN THROWN OUT THEN THE COACH COMES RUNNING OUT I THOUGHT HE WAS GONNA DISPLINE HIS PLAYERS FOR DOING THAT BUT NO HE RUNS TO THE MIDDLE OF THE COURT SCREAMING AN WAVING HIS HANDS FOR HIS TEAM TO GET IN THE LOCKER ROOM THERE DONE. THEN THE JAWING STARTED AN HE DID SHOVE A VAN BUREN CO PLAYER HARD AN THEY SPEREATED EVERY ONE AN HE IS STILL HAVING TO BE HELD BACK BY HIS PLAYERS A REAL LEADER I TELL U. WOULD PAY TO SEE THE TAPE AGAIN. I DONT NO Y THE MAN WAS NOT ARRESTTED. WAS A GREAT GAME WISH THEY COULD FINISHED IT.

I will not defend anyone for yelling racial slurs. There are immature, insensitve and just plain idiots everywhere. When the game is intense, the crowd gets into it and sometimes brings out the worst in them. It happens here, it happens in Warren County, it happens everywhere. I will not say that noone yelled a racial slur Friday night. I will say that I didn't hear one and it would have been hard to hear it unless that person was sitting close to you. It was very loud in the gym that night. If people were slurring all night, why wasn't something done about it? There was plenty of cops and resource officers from both counties standing around the gym. Yes the crowd was really getting on the coach after he got the first technical foul.(have you ever seen a game when that didn't get the crowd fired up?) The ref was warning him and telling him to sit down and the crowd was letting him hear it. And I too thought the coach was running on the floor to discipline his player after the inbound technical foul because he was pointing toward the locker room but then he starts yelling and telling the players on the bench to go as well. I got a feeling both schools will be disciplined for what happened at the end of the game, and thats a shame.