District 7AAA Off-season Thread

DaBlueRaider

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to like both R'dale and Siegel to be vieing for the top spot due to both teams returning really good QB's.

Siegel has probably the best kicker in the District.

Oakland will also be in the hunt, depending on their returning numbers.

Blackman and Smyrna will get beat up on by each other.

LaVergne will continue to farm mushrooms in the cellar.

Spring will be interesting as it will show just who REALLY has worked in the weight room over the winter.

Got to like both R'dale and Siegel to be vieing for the top spot due to both teams returning really good QB's.

Spring will be interesting as it will show just who REALLY has worked in the weight room over the winter.

I think all the teams in district 7aaa except Riverdale (they'll have to wait one more week) will be able to get back together with the coaches this week. I, like you feel the teams will find out what's expected in the offseason and how hard they'll have to work at getting stronger and faster. Although I agree with most of your early thinking and logic. I can't see LaVergne being at the bottom again next year. If they improve as much in the offseason as they did during the past season, they might very well be middle of the pack next year. Smyrna will still be fast but, If the feeder schools tell us anything, Smyrna may be about to fall on hard times. Blackman will have to show a completely new offense after losing some bigtime receivers, a two year starting QB, THE TRAIN and some line spots. On the other side of the ball I think you'll see what was a young defense this past season to be much improved. Oakland used this past season as a reloading year and will be much better. Siegel was the biggest surprise this past season. There is still some concern for one of the QB's knees but Siegel will for sure return a great running game. The team must work on the defense in the offseason and learn how to finish out the big games. Riverdale was the best in the district this past season and showed great promise at the JV level. I'll leave them at the top until someone proves they're better.

The 7AAA World according to MKD.

Riverdale down slightly, should make playoffs.

Blackman down may make playoffs.

Siegal up slightly, should make playoffs.

Smyrner down may struggle to make playoffs.

Oakland up slightly may make playoffs.

Lavergne is Lavergne playoffs...playoffs

We Are Blackman! and we may make the playoffs!

Great to see nine players from Rutherford County competing in the fifth annual Toyota East vs. West Tennessee All-Star Classic, at Carson-Newman College in Jefferson City. The players were Treyton Harris (Siegel), Brandon Hathaway (Smyrna) Edwin Locklayer (Oakland) I'Tavius Mathers (Blackman), DeAntae Glover (Riverdale), Jalen Smith (Blackman), Brad Hughes (Oakland), Scottie McCullough (Riverdale), and Mikey Smith (Oakland).

Congrats to them all and thanks for making district 7AAA proud.

Now all you guys go sign with MTSU and you can make history. (only kidding) But wouldn't that be fun to watch. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Great to see nine players from Rutherford County competing in the fifth annual Toyota East vs. West Tennessee All-Star Classic, at Carson-Newman College in Jefferson City. The players were Treyton Harris (Siegel), Brandon Hathaway (Smyrna) Edwin Locklayer (Oakland) I'Tavius Mathers (Blackman), DeAntae Glover (Riverdale), Jalen Smith (Blackman), Brad Hughes (Oakland), Scottie McCullough (Riverdale), and Mikey Smith (Oakland).

Congrats to them all and thanks for making district 7AAA proud.

Now all you guys go sign with MTSU and you can make history. (only kidding) But wouldn't that be fun to watch. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I did find it in poor taste that the 5th place team in the District had more representatives on the East All Star Team than the four teams it finished behind. But considering the source I am not surprised. :popcorneater:

Thanks for gracing everyone with your knowledge once again.

My predictions:

#1- Siegel- Good group of players coming back

#2- Oakland- Oakland was, somewhat, down this year. They will not be down two years in a row.

#3- Riverdale- Good QB, but losing Davenport and Glover will hurt.

#4- LaVergne- They're not at the bottom, no more. Losing the MLB hurts, but they're catching up with the quality of coaching that is in place.

#5- Blackman- No I-Train, fewer wins. It's as simple as that.

#6- Smyrna- Smyrna's talent level drops off big time, and it will affect the High School for years to come.

• 3 weeks later...

Who besides Riverdale and Siegel are returning their starting QB? That's always a good place to start when getting ready for next year.

If Woodruff gets back to 100% then riverdale and siegal will be the top two teams followed by oakland smyrna blackman and lavergne. Riverdale has alot of returning starters. i know adam and glover will be hard to replace but there are a couple of kids that can do it. i think the line will be fine. the biggest concern is the secondary and linebacker. you have two linebackers returning that had over 250 tackles and about 15 sacs between them, but have to find two more guys to go along. the secondary also has two returning but lose keenan and odom. siegal has just about everyone back.