Mckenzie (Oh MY God) 2012...

VOLnWTN

ok butchie.....i'll break the silence and post something. I'm sure the rebels will be fine if tradition has anything to do with it. Good kids, good program, you will have a good season. I would bet good money you won't be 1 and done this year.

On a completely different note, I would love to see the rebels match up with my beloved Milan Bulldogs. What's it been, since 1998?

When BigD posted that McKenzie didn't have the "history" with Milan to cause a desire on the part of both to play possibly he doesn't recall as far back as I do. The 4 years i played at McKenzie in the early 60's we beat Milan 3 of 4 games. Times are different, teams are different and we have played randomly since then BUT, we do have a "history". Likely more than we have with Dresden actually??? I can't say that it would be of any benefit to either team to play now really and it is a "big deal" to the Huntingdon/Milan crowds. So......................... But, I'm sure the Rebels might jump into the possibility oif a game.

When BigD posted that McKenzie didn't have the "history" with Milan to cause a desire on the part of both to play possibly he doesn't recall as far back as I do. The 4 years i played at McKenzie in the early 60's we beat Milan 3 of 4 games. Times are different, teams are different and we have played randomly since then BUT, we do have a "history". Likely more than we have with Dresden actually??? I can't say that it would be of any benefit to either team to play now really and it is a "big deal" to the Huntingdon/Milan crowds. So......................... But, I'm sure the Rebels might jump into the possibility oif a game.

All We'd Have To Do Is Put On An Alcoa Jersey And They'd Fumble Us The Ball.

Edited by Butchie

All We'd Have To Do Is Put On An Alcoa Jersey And They'd Fumble Us The Ball.

Well Butchie, you could be onto something there. No matter, tha' Duck is checking in for another crazy ride to November!! The Rebels do have some coming together to do and that is not unusual. V&T1 can telll ya'll how it rolls when tha Duck is skeptical. My biggest concern is the Reb D and how well McKinney comes around. Lowe and Chavez should be a dominant force on both sides of the ball. I'd say that the coaching staff is in the spotlight here. Plus someone to establish themself as a team leader. I could suggest some names that SHOULD be doing that. But it's really up to the kids to do that. On a good note, the last time I felt like this about the Rebels we ended up in Murfreesboro playing for a state championship so with that said the burden is on the team to get it done. Hmmmmm, guess that's a challenge to grow teeth and step up and TCB!

Well Butchie, you could be onto something there. No matter, tha' Duck is checking in for another crazy ride to November!! The Rebels do have some coming together to do and that is not unusual. V&T1 can telll ya'll how it rolls when tha Duck is skeptical. My biggest concern is the Reb D and how well McKinney comes around. Lowe and Chavez should be a dominant force on both sides of the ball. I'd say that the coaching staff is in the spotlight here. Plus someone to establish themself as a team leader. I could suggest some names that SHOULD be doing that. But it's really up to the kids to do that. On a good note, the last time I felt like this about the Rebels we ended up in Murfreesboro playing for a state championship so with that said the burden is on the team to get it done. Hmmmmm, guess that's a challenge to grow teeth and step up and TCB!

Well Some Say We Lacked Leadership Last Year...Who's To Say?..What We Need Is A Viscious Linebacker To Step Up And On The Border Of Being Criminal...And Hit Somebody..Anybody...That Will Make A Contagious Disease That Will Spread Through the Defense And Make Em All Head Hunters...So Who Will It Be?...Or Will We Have The Patty Cake Defense We Had Last Year?..I've Seen Meaner Women At A Bake Sale Than We Have Had On Defense...Coaching Can Only Get You So Far...But Until Someone Steps Up And Says....Hey!...I'm Gonna Make A Difference At My Position! And Challenge The Others To Do The Same...It could Be A Dismal Season Again...

Wow these are the exact conversations the Lion Posse have on a regular basis. Who's going to lead and who's going to be the angry helmet ripping off linebacker? Anytime you get ready to ship # 40 away, for any reason, just send him to Dresden. He single handedly beat us in middle school. After attending the crazy H school of defense he will make Ray Lewis nervous.

Wow these are the exact conversations the Lion Posse have on a regular basis. Who's going to lead and who's going to be the angry helmet ripping off linebacker? Anytime you get ready to ship # 40 away, for any reason, just send him to Dresden. He single handedly beat us in middle school. After attending the crazy H school of defense he will make Ray Lewis nervous.

He's A Keeper...

The Black and Blue district has for sure been brutal the last couple of seasons and don't expect it will let up any this time either!!! I don't know if we're all gettin' better or we're gettin' worse but we are sure getting more equal. That alone will make us all better in the end!! More and more west end teams are sneaking into the Blue Cross Bowl in the last 8-10 years so that says something to the rest of the state. With the Black and Blue district one better get good/get tough/or get out of the way!!!!