ENSWORTH OR MARYVILLE

Vols1234

WHO THE BETTER TEAM?

Maryville, is the better "TEAM" this really shouldn't even be in question...Nobody is a better TEAM then Maryville. Their may be more athletic teams, but their aint no better TEAM as a whole then the Maryville Rebels. Plus, Maryville went 15-0, Ensworth lost to Baylor. After saying this though, i think it would still be a good game, but i take Murvil, no question. Better TEAM, and better coaching wins every time.

Maryville, is the better "TEAM" this really shouldn't even be in question...Nobody is a better TEAM then Maryville. Their may be more athletic teams, but their aint no better TEAM as a whole then the Maryville Rebels. Plus, Maryville went 15-0, Ensworth lost to Baylor. After saying this though, i think it would still be a good game, but i take Murvil, no question. Better TEAM, and better coaching wins every time.

I THINK I WOULD HAVE TO AGREE WITH EVERYTHING YOU JUST SAID

I would also agree with "nearly" everything you said as well! However..I would use caution in using statements that "suggest" Ensworth's coaching is anything less than great. Ricky Bowers is a great football coach AS IS George Quarles! Bowers was the "hand picked" coach for the newly built Ensworth School when it opened after his tenure at MBA. Both men are great coaches and have excellent staffs. Saying all of this...I agree that Maryville would have the upper hand this year if they were to play Ensworth.

I would also agree with "nearly" everything you said as well! However..I would use caution in using statements that "suggest" Ensworth's coaching is anything less than great. Ricky Bowers is a great football coach AS IS George Quarles! Bowers was the "hand picked" coach for the newly built Ensworth School when it opened after his tenure at MBA. Both men are great coaches and have excellent staffs. Saying all of this...I agree that Maryville would have the upper hand this year if they were to play Ensworth.

True, i shouldn't have said that, cause to be honest i don't know too much about Ensworth! I know A LOT about Quarles and Maryville being an Oak Ridge fan and having to play them every year, besides following them for 10 years as well since i live about ten mins from their stadium lol...I just know if these two teams play it would be a good game, but it is gonna take a masterpiece for any team to outcoach and outscheme Maryville and to outplay them.

Maryville. They play better as a team, plain and simple. Quarles is a genius. Ensworth lost to a team, that says it all. Can't say you're the best when you were beaten. Plus, Ensworth is a private school and can basically recruit.

very true, i agree. not fair to compare a private school to a public school...i can hear it now...but maryville recruits too, please spare me. The reason Maryville is so good, is becuase the kids on that team have played together since they were 6 years old, they know each other like the back of their hand. Granted, you have a few transfers, and out of state players like Guillermo who come though, but all in all them boys have been playing together since they were 6-7 years old. I used ot think they recruited too, till i lived here and learned it with my own eyes. Championships start at the pee wee levels, and Maryville has proved that. I wish Oak Ridge would get back to that. In our heyday our feeder systems were top notch. Now? not so much. Them boys from Maryville know what their teammate is gonna do without them even talking, they have been together THAT LONG. Being a Maryville Rebel starts in youth leagues! Why they are so DA** good!

I watched both teams play in the state championship games. Ensworth has much more team speed on both sides of the ball. Ensworth is has a better defensive backfield, running backs and interior lineman. Maryville has a better linebacking core and a better qb. Special teams seems to be about the same as far as kicking goes, but Ensworth has the edge in the return game. If they both played their best game against each other, Ensworth wins. Ensworth had a fluke hiccup early on against Baylor and that was proven by beating Baylor 48-10 at state without Corn Elder, their best player. Ensworth played a tougher schedule giving them another advantage. I would love to see this game scheduled in the next couple of years. They shared 1 common opponent in Knoxville Webb. Ensworth beat them 40-0 and Maryville beat them 30-7. Ensworth was up 33-0 at half and the Ensworth Freshman offensive unit scored against Webb's starters midway through the third quarter.

I would agree........ask BHS of Whitehaven