New Marion County Head Football Coach

ElderMtnWarrior

That was the good old days. Never should have ran him off.

Coach Colquette was not asked or told to leave. He wanted to go to South Georgia where the "Eric Westmoreland" type kids are more frequent and the $$$$$ is better. 17 years as head coach at Marion County was good for the community and for him. He did a great job in establishing a program. As I have mentioned in earlier posts, the chemistry surrounding MCHS was there for a program to do great things during that time.

People are going to be surprised about Marion County High School very soon. I will not go into details but believe me things are happening for that chemistry to return. :thumb:

Did anyone on this board make it out to the "meet and greet" session with Coach Mac? We had a grand ole time if you missed it!

Edited by Bill#49

Guest Purplepastry

Yea sound good but want stop the Pirates.

The 3-3 is designed to stop spread offenses just like SP. It is really good base and can be easily modified into a 40 or 50 look.

Coach Colquette was not asked or told to leave. He wanted to go to South Georgia where the "Eric Westmoreland" type kids are more frequent and the $$$$$ is better. 17 years as head coach at Marion County was good for the community and for him. He did a great job in establishing a program. As I have mentioned in earlier posts, the chemistry surrounding MCHS was there for a program to do great things during that time.

People are going to be surprised about Marion County High School very soon. I will not go into details but believe me things are happening for that chemistry to return. :thumb:

Did anyone on this board make it out to the "meet and greet" session with Coach Mac? We had a grand ole time if you missed it!

You aint telling me nothing I don't already know. I said it twice and I will say it again. Marion County will win a MINIMUM of 6 games in 2012, but I am betting on 8 wins. They lost ZERO kids and quite frankly should have won more games this past season. Any coach that has a clue could win with some of the kids you have.

I will say it again. McCurry will win a MINIMUM of 6 games next season. Sit back and watch it happen. Remember you heard it here first.

Ambassador, I would say that most years Jasper should win 7 games with the schedule that they have. It should be a given to win that many. This year was no different. They went 1-9 because the kids quit bottom line. You cant tell me that copper basin and some of those teams were better, and that is something that coach mac will have to address, is the kids quitting like they did. The only games that should be in question year in and out, is SP. Dunlap lost 18 seniors and bledsoe was hit hard as well with graduation. Marion will have about that many seniors and if they learn how to step up and be leaders instead of quitters they could have 8 wins at least.

Ambassador, I would say that most years Jasper should win 7 games with the schedule that they have. It should be a given to win that many. This year was no different. They went 1-9 because the kids quit bottom line. You cant tell me that copper basin and some of those teams were better, and that is something that coach mac will have to address, is the kids quitting like they did. The only games that should be in question year in and out, is SP. Dunlap lost 18 seniors and bledsoe was hit hard as well with graduation. Marion will have about that many seniors and if they learn how to step up and be leaders instead of quitters they could have 8 wins at least.

Read my last post. I said a minimum of 6, but I expect them to win 8 games. Boeck was a joke and everyone knows it. You are correct about the schedule. It is one of the weakest in 2A. That isn't a jab that is just being real. The only teams that should have handled them last season was South Pitt, Sequatchie, Bledsoe and possibly Hixson. I don't think any of the other teams had any better players than Marion had. Mac probably won't be around long because he is near retirement, but he is a good coach and will make them competetive.

I was really surprised when I arrived at MCHS last night. The parking lot was full but I thought most were basketball finishing up practice, little to my surprise, practice was over and all the lot was full for Coach McCurry. I regret that I missed his address to the crowd,but will say that when my family and myself were introduced to him I was impressed with what he had to say and how he said it. He didn't make any great promises, wasn't cocky or arrogant. Just a man that loves the game, the kids and coaching. I was really impressed when he told me that he felt like he was "put here" and "put here for a reason". He seems to be a man that has learned from past mistakes and will use that in not only coaching but being a guide to these young men and his students.

No matter how you feel about decisions that were made, its time for the community to rally together and support Coach McCurry and the Marion County Football Team. A successful program not only begins/depends on the coaches and players but on the out pouring of support from their community. Its time to STOP leaving when the game isn't going our way, indicating we have given up as well. (I am guilty, but it won't happen again.) It's time for Daddys and Mamas to STOP yapping in little Johnnys ear, bad mouthing coaches and their decisions and telling Johnny how great he is and a great job hes done no matter what that coach tells you. (Some need to face the facts, not every boy is gonna be a football player. He may look good in pads but thats about it. (I'm preaching to myself here)).

I look forward to mid-August when the boys in Purple take the field and a new chapter in Marion County Football begins. Hats off to Coach Zig..you had a tough job to do and you did it well. Thank you.

BTW, I think we had a Coach T table set up for all you posters to conjugate, meet coach and tell him what you think he should be doing..but I noticed it stayed empty the entire night. Guess yall missed your chance to tell him how it needs to be done.

Good to see you Bill...and good to see those gold balls lining the head tables..dust free :)

Merry Chirstmas Folks

KP

Glad to hear there was a great turnout for the Warriors and Coach Mac. Marion is a PROUD program with a tremendous amount of tradition. You could count on Coach Zig doing what was best for the program as he was a part of that tradition. The man lost 1 high school football game in his 4 year career. This school and community means alot to him. Congrats and I look forward to seeing the Warriors get back to their winning ways.

• Upvote 1

I was really surprised when I arrived at MCHS last night. The parking lot was full but I thought most were basketball finishing up practice, little to my surprise, practice was over and all the lot was full for Coach McCurry. I regret that I missed his address to the crowd,but will say that when my family and myself were introduced to him I was impressed with what he had to say and how he said it. He didn't make any great promises, wasn't cocky or arrogant. Just a man that loves the game, the kids and coaching. I was really impressed when he told me that he felt like he was "put here" and "put here for a reason". He seems to be a man that has learned from past mistakes and will use that in not only coaching but being a guide to these young men and his students.

No matter how you feel about decisions that were made, its time for the community to rally together and support Coach McCurry and the Marion County Football Team. A successful program not only begins/depends on the coaches and players but on the out pouring of support from their community. Its time to STOP leaving when the game isn't going our way, indicating we have given up as well. (I am guilty, but it won't happen again.) It's time for Daddys and Mamas to STOP yapping in little Johnnys ear, bad mouthing coaches and their decisions and telling Johnny how great he is and a great job hes done no matter what that coach tells you. (Some need to face the facts, not every boy is gonna be a football player. He may look good in pads but thats about it. (I'm preaching to myself here)).

I look forward to mid-August when the boys in Purple take the field and a new chapter in Marion County Football begins. Hats off to Coach Zig..you had a tough job to do and you did it well. Thank you.

BTW, I think we had a Coach T table set up for all you posters to conjugate, meet coach and tell him what you think he should be doing..but I noticed it stayed empty the entire night. Guess yall missed your chance to tell him how it needs to be done.

Good to see you Bill...and good to see those gold balls lining the head tables..dust free :)

Merry Chirstmas Folks

KP

^^^^THIS^^^^! Great Post!