Ralph Potter Resigns

nike7

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brentwood Academy coach Ralph Potter will resign tonight at the schools fall sports banquet.

He sure did and instead of just graciously stating he was leaving, he had to "lecture" everyone about the negativity he has endured and that he "will not put up with that!" It's an evening to honor student athletes and you would think that someone in his position would recognize the importance of keeping that as the focus, but no, once again, potter has to exercise his enormous ego and make sure everyone knows he is upset and it's everyone else's fault. It was really classless and he lost a lot of respect from even his supporters. Many, many of the kids were appalled at the comments. His ego has been one of the big issues all along. I'm still shaking my head at how he handled it tonite.

He sure did and instead of just graciously stating he was leaving, he had to "lecture" everyone about the negativity he has endured and that he "will not put up with that!" It's an evening to honor student athletes and you would think that someone in his position would recognize the importance of keeping that as the focus, but no, once again, potter has to exercise his enormous ego and sure everyone knows he is upset and it's everyone else's fault. It was really classless and he lost a lot of respect from even his supporters. Many, many of the kids were appalled at the comments. His ego has been one of the big issues all along. I'm still shaking my head at how he handled it tonite.

If it happened that way....what a classless thing to do. The few times I have seen him and heard him...he had an air about him. Sorry, I don't usually like to judge people but that was just the feeling I got. After reading alot of posts from BA fans...they were more than ready for him to leave. He obviously knew that. The way he just up and left McCallie...I am surprised they would be happy to have him back.

If it happened that way....what a classless thing to do. The few times I have seen him and heard him...he had an air about him. Sorry, I don't usually like to judge people but that was just the feeling I got. After reading alot of posts from BA fans...they were more than ready for him to leave. He obviously knew that. The way he just up and left McCallie...I am surprised they would be happy to have him back.

I was there - that's how it went down. Hang around until his contract ends 3/31/12? I think his actions tonite buried that idea

I was there - that's how it went down. Hang around until his contract ends 3/31/12? I think his actions tonite buried that idea

I too was there, and as harsh as what you have said is, it's also true. Poor seniors, their final banquet and their careers were overshadowed big time. Really sad.

Well it's probably best for him to go back to a comfortable place where he can make it occasionally to the semis and it's viewed as a success. He may even beat Baylor next year with many of their starters graduating. I never saw him fitting in at BA. It would be neat to see someone of the quality of Maryville's coach come over but I can not see that happening. Would like to see BA go outside the area if need be to find the right person.

Best of luck to Coach Potter and his family. I am a Brentwood Academy graduate with deep passion for the school. I'm not an insider with the football program, but Coach Potter represented BA well in public. I wish him the best at McCallie. Anyone who chooses to criticize the man, whether they're making fair points or not, would be well-served to remember that he and his family are enduring a very difficult time. I'm sure there are legitimate points to be made, but I hope they're done respectfully.

Well it's probably best for him to go back to a comfortable place where he can make it occasionally to the semis and it's viewed as a success. He may even beat Baylor next year with many of their starters graduating. I never saw him fitting in at BA. It would be neat to see someone of the quality of Maryville's coach come over but I can not see that happening. Would like to see BA go outside the area if need be to find the right person.

Well- good to look forward! Too many great BA kids at stake than to worry about the new McCallie coach. Hope the search goes well that will bring our program up to the top level in this challenging league- will definitely take the right hire to attract talent, install the right systems, rally alumni and parents, and get back to winning c-ships

Best of luck to Coach Potter and his family. I am a Brentwood Academy graduate with deep passion for the school. I'm not an insider with the football program, but Coach Potter represented BA well in public. I wish him the best at McCallie. Anyone who chooses to criticize the man, whether they're making fair points or not, would be well-served to remember that he and his family are enduring a very difficult time. I'm sure there are legitimate points to be made, but I hope they're done respectfully.

Well said WesVLT. I didn't have a lot of contact with Coach Potter and am not qualified to comment on the football aspects of this (which, as I read some of the comments on various threads I have come to understand is not really a pre-requisit ^_^ ). I do know that his wife and two kids are very well liked at BA. This will be a tough transition for them and for their friends.