Ralph Potter Resigns

nike7

I think all the D2 schools are founded on fine Christian principles and it doesn't serve anyone well to get into a size measuring contest on whose is better than the others. Each school is different in their philosophy on the best way to go about things and as such one must find the right fit for teachers, coaches and students.

I'm not going to put words in the mouth of anyone but one must remember that comments in articles can be taken out of context and that sound bytes are not the whole story. In my experience with Coach Potter, I have not seen him to be demeaning or bullying, demanding yes.

I'm not sure a football message board is where we need to debate our religious philosphy and emphasis or which school is more Christian than the other.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think all the D2 schools are founded on fine Christian principles and it doesn't serve anyone well to get into a size measuring contest on whose is better than the others. Each school is different in their philosophy on the best way to go about things and as such one must find the right fit for teachers, coaches and students.

I'm not going to put words in the mouth of anyone but one must remember that comments in articles can be taken out of context and that sound bytes are not the whole story. In my experience with Coach Potter, I have not seen him to be demeaning or bullying, demanding yes.

I'm not sure a football message board is where we need to debate our religious philosphy and emphasis or which school is more Christian than the other.

Bluemom, that was the point I was trying to make right before I read your post. You did a better job. Just takes one or two people to stir it up. BA will get a good coach. McCallie is glad to have Potter back and soon all will be well in D2 again.

I am a fan of Baylor. I have been reading this thread and have watched it slowing deteriorate. I can imagine you being irritated by what the McCallie fan said....but it was just one person. Now, you have done the same thing defending BA. We all love our schools and want to defend them when we feel they are attacked. I get that. But do it without trying to bring down the other one down.

You can't judge a school by what one or two people say. If so, we would all be in trouble.

What I do know is that BA, McCallie, Baylor, Ensworth and all of the other D2 schools are all fine schools. All have great values, tremendous educational opportunities, teach honor, community service and on and on.

We all are proud of our respective schools. We should be. But we should also be respectful of all. Only maybe one from each school has not done that. Let's not judge a school but one person.

Well said jon26. Your posts are always classy. Like you said it just takes one to get something going. Some people think that one person posting is representative of the entire school....don't get it at all.

I think gofans was saying that Potter was giving a strange backhanded compliment of McCallie's values in the paper unfortunately at the expense of demeaning the values of what he experienced at BA. He alluded to it as an opportunity to get closer to his personal mission.

Not sure that is what gofans meant- but that is how I took it.

I think gofans was taking a dig at McCallie. After reading Potter's comments he was really taking digs at BA. Uncalled for.

I think all the D2 schools are founded on fine Christian principles.

In my experience with Coach Potter, I have not seen him to be demeaning or bullying, demanding yes.

I find it interesting there is no pregame prayer at Ensworth home games.

I experienced a BA Monday practice in 2008 after BA lost to Ryan. The final score was 27 to 23.

Game was played at the Nashville Sounds baseball stadium (Ryan's home field).

There was a drill that the new McCallie coach held for the seniors that ended up hurting a few of the players. Alex Bullard, UT center was one of them. It was not pretty and the parents watching practice were shocked. It was obvious the new McCallie coach was trying to teach a lesson of some kind. BA went 8 - 5 that year.

Sorry Bluemom, sometimes when you peel a apple there are some bad spots.

I am a fan of Baylor. I have been reading this thread and have watched it slowing deteriorate. I can imagine you being irritated by what the McCallie fan said....but it was just one person. Now, you have done the same thing defending BA. We all love our schools and want to defend them when we feel they are attacked. I get that. But do it without trying to bring down the other one down.

You can't judge a school by what one or two people say. If so, we would all be in trouble.

What I do know is that BA, McCallie, Baylor, Ensworth and all of the other D2 schools are all fine schools. All have great values, tremendous educational opportunities, teach honor, community service and on and on.

We all are proud of our respective schools. We should be. But we should also be respectful of all. Only maybe one from each school has not done that. Let's not judge a school but one person.

^^^^^My New Favorite Baylor Fan^^^^^

"Size measuring"? What are we measuring Bluemom? :P

You can measure whatever you would like to measure. It's ok GGoose, I mentioned it first! I happen to live in a house as the only female, even the dog is male (well altered male) and have learned over the years not to take some things too seriously. Besides, I don't think I'm the typical Mom and I can be a little on the ruthless side!

As for bad spots in an apple, we all have to learn from our mistakes and move on. Cut out the bad, add the caramel sauce and enjoy!